Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Helensification

Re: Today

Post by Helensification » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:15 am

Have to have blood tests today and possibly a doppler scan to see if I have a DVT. How nice so close to Christmas! :?

The 2 Clexane they gave me last night were not pleasant injections so am really hoping the tests are clear or I face at least 6 weeks of injecting myself twice a day or even worse treatment - urgh.

Fingers crossed.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 am

Today I break up until January 4th!

Had a really busy 3 days at work sorting out invoices and doing the VAT change single handed but now its all done so today im doing sweet truck haul. Had a big Macdonalds breakfast on the way into work, and now im sat at my desk with a big cup of tea and some jammy dodgers and going to watch Robocop 2.

pforson

Post by pforson » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 am

felgekarp wrote:their advice in the meantime was to pour warm water over it to clear the ice out
How are you supposed to generate warm water when the boilers broken? Urinate?
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:54 am

pforson wrote:
felgekarp wrote:their advice in the meantime was to pour warm water over it to clear the ice out
A kettle? :D

pforson

Post by pforson » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:55 am

sscott wrote:
pforson wrote:
A kettle? :D
Smart ar5e
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:45 am

Today I *rocked out*
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:10 am

Today just finished work till the 4th of January WOO HOO :D Will be going back on the 4th and giving them one weeks notice as i start a new job on the 11th :D :D
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:18 am

Today I'm with the kids while the wife does her last day at work, tidying the place up as there are toys everywhere and watching endless episodes of Agent Oso, Handy Manny and other cartoons for those in the know. :D

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:24 am

felgekarp wrote:On the way home from work last night I heard them mention on the radio about people with certain types of boilers with pipes leading to the outside that freeze up and stop the boiler from working,
Yeah we've got a brand new boiler, pipe leads outside for the excess water and of course its frozen. Used a hairdryer over it and it worked, of course a day later its frozen again so just have a bowl underneath getting the water. Local plumber said hes had tons of calls about these for the combi boilers.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 am

psj3809 wrote:
felgekarp wrote:On the way home from work last night I heard them mention on the radio about people with certain types of boilers with pipes leading to the outside that freeze up and stop the boiler from working,
Yeah we've got a brand new boiler, pipe leads outside for the excess water and of course its frozen. Used a hairdryer over it and it worked, of course a day later its frozen again so just have a bowl underneath getting the water. Local plumber said hes had tons of calls about these for the combi boilers.
Have you took the pipe apart then and just stuck a bowl outside to pick up the water?
Splink!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:07 am

Stuck in the jobcentre since half past 2 waiting for a counter payment. Have been told it could be 4 o'clock!

dste

Post by dste » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:47 am

Today is the first time since Saturday that i've felt well enough to come onto the laptop due to being knocked out ill. Spent all day Sunday in bed asleep and didnt eat anything for nearly 48hours, still feel like crap as well, going to be a fun Christmas.

Was also fun yesterday as had to get up at 6am to get into Newcastle for a job interview. The day before nearly all of the trains heading into Newcastle had been cancelled but luckily some were running yesterday, though on the way back home I managed to get the midday train which turned out to be the second to last before they cancelled them all in the afternoon and evening.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:34 pm

today, for the first time in a couple of years...i have asked for a lift to work tomorrow :(
i fell off my bike in the snow yesterday and today it was -13 and i was 10 minuits late, despite leaving 20 min's early!...and my beard was frozen...solid!
so enoughs enough, i left my bike in work, got a lift home, and will be getting lifts to work over the weekend! i know, i'm a big girls blouse!

i don't care!

:(
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Stuck in the jobcentre since half past 2 waiting for a counter payment. Have been told it could be 4 o'clock!
don't see it as being "stuck" see it as an oppertunity to have an extra good look for a job! :)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Today I took the baby Christmas shopping in Birmingham. I got the train in from Longbridge as I didn't fancy driving into the town centre, The lifts were out of order at the train station so I had to carry the pushchair down a long icy flight of steps. A bloke who was with his young family offered give me a hand (which was nice of him) but I managed ok. The bloke had the best neck tattoo I've seen in ages...

NEVER
TRUST
A
BI*CH

He was with what I assumed to be his girlfriend/wife and three kids who were old enough to be able to read. Awesome tattoo.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."