Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

markopoloman

Re: Today

Post by markopoloman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:51 am

I've got one of those insurance cover things for most of my 'room with cooking & cleaning' equipment. Used it a fair few times for repairs so I generally get my monies worth. If it goes bang for good - they get a new one for me. BUT unless your stuff breaks down, it is a waste of money.... Having a very large family ensures massive use compared to most households :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:41 pm

First day back at work, never as bad as I think it will be! Still, miss those sleep ins;

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:48 am

Having a total surreal experience on ebay. Someone hadnt paid for an item, sent the generic 'please pay for the item' email from ebay

Torrent of abuse back, tons of swearing (badly spelled i must admit!) and nasty stuff towards the wife. Seeing the police at 5pm today as its turned into threats from the buyer. I was in Sheffield yesterday and was tempted to go to this persons address in Bradford but thought better of it (hate being 'sensible').

The persons an idiot, we have the emails , their address is on ebay, crazy. Even wrote back to them saying is your teenage son or someone using your ebay as one minute there would be a 'i've paid for your item please send' and then another message telling my wife where to stick various implements ! Bizarre

Spoke to ebay who said to contact the police, theyre taking it seriously (and to be fair its an 'easy' one as theres logged emails plus an address) so hopefully thats the end of it. Bizarre though

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm

^^^ Like I said in my previous "what grinds your gears?" post about a non-payer (albeit nothing like as serious as your own case), they think they can remain invisible by not paying and not communicating but the second you pull them up? Who knows what they will do. Nutters.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Megamixer wrote:^^^ Like I said in my previous "what grinds your gears?" post about a non-payer (albeit nothing like as serious as your own case), they think they can remain invisible by not paying and not communicating but the second you pull them up? Who knows what they will do. Nutters.
Seeing the police at 5pm, a few insults i dont mind, but a whole ton of them at my wife, and then threats after we reported them to ebay, nah this time i'll let the police deal with it. Again how stupid are people, things called ip addresses, but in this instance theres ebay messages and addresses ! As they say its not miss marples hardest case. Bizarre

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Today I almost sat my driving test.

Started it, but the examiner cancelled half way through as the conditions were too bad, dark and rainy :(

All day stressing for that.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Today I almost sat my driving test.

Started it, but the examiner cancelled half way through as the conditions were too bad, dark and rainy :(

All day stressing for that.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that Antiriad. Anyway, good luck with your test - when it eventually comes. It's different nowadays - you have to do things like hazard perception and a theory test.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:49 am

Passed my driving test today :D
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:08 am

^^Congratulations. :D

You can also now join in the 'What grinds your gears?' thread when all the other drivers p*ss you off. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Passed my driving test today :D
Well done sir.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:58 pm

sscott wrote:
Well done sir.
x Pi :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Nice job. We'll save you a seat in the "What grind your gears thread?" then shall we? :lol:

Just kidding; you'll love it I'm sure. Heck, I'm always moaning about stuff on the roads but I love driving and often go out of my way to take longer trips when possible or just go out and hit the country roads for the fun of it.

Congrats anyway :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:44 am

Had a nightmare with Scottish Power

Two missed appointments, two half days taken off for no reason, been paying since August for this 'boiler cover' and their free initial inspection we still havent had. Made a complaint

Came back to us today with the figure - £20 ! Insulting. I dont want thousands, just want to be reimbursed for the money i've paid already which has been a waste.

Avoid Scottish Power ! Taking this up with the energy ombudsman so hopefully they can take it further. Watchdog here i come ! ;)

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Dad goes into hospital today for a couple of days to have his cancer treated which came back just before Christmas. Also find out how bad it is.

Nervous times ahead till I find out later.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Best of luck, I know how much of a horrible thing it is.
What sort of treatment is it?