Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

Re: Today

Post by dste » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Today was a hectic day at work.

Didn't help that I massively overslept and arrived an hour after I normally do.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Today, I have been painting a bed room in my house, made sure to wear goggles this time when doing the ceiling.....got paint in my eye last time :oops: :lol:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Today, (mainly courtesy of you guys buying my excess gaming gear) i picked up my new toy:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec053998

Only rode it back from the shop but i'm already impressed by its quality and comfort level over my old steed. 8)

Time to sign up for a sportive or two, now! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 pm

I was briefly entertained by this (and just wait for the final exercise!): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=49 ... 96&fref=nf

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Today I'm a bit tipsy, me and the missus enjoying 11 year anniversary, been together 17 years in total, luv ya baby, she'll never see this btw!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:05 am

sscott wrote:Today I'm a bit tipsy, me and the missus enjoying 11 year anniversary, been together 17 years in total, luv ya baby, she'll never see this btw!
Congrats! As well as getting my new bike yesterday, i should have also mentioned it was also our wedding anniversary, too. :lol:
(21 years for me) and we've been together since 1988, wow! 26 years :shock: .....so you've got a bit of catching up to do, whippersnapper :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:21 am

one of the first times in a while i've felt young....been with my missus since 2010 and married just shy of a month :D

today already i have learned there are some very misguided views on mental health as last night someone nearly jumped off a motorway bridge round here, as someone that has had a 15 year relationship on and off with mental health problems (only a very small handful of people here know) i can sense a lot of biting my tongue today

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 am

^ The phrase that always makes me want to punch people in the throat is 'Pull yourself together'. :evil:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:06 am

Sel Feena wrote:^ The phrase that always makes me want to punch people in the throat is 'Pull yourself together'. :evil:
Well if you will cry publically in a pub when you heard Take That split up what do you expect your friends to say ?

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:47 am

The pain is still raw. :cry:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Hahahhaa nice comeback !

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Today my granddaughter got her first pair of shoes, and I learned she's finally mastered the art of crawling and can pull herself up to tables and stuff.

Pretty boring for everyone else to read, but an exciting development for us.

I ma have to reposition some of my systems in the living room though. My PS3, Wii etc are all now low lying fruit to have things posted into and the Star Wars figures may become baby food.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Today I'm wishing I had a 3rd bedroom to have a tv to set up my speccy my plus 4 and my c64 up in not got the space to leave computers set up so they are just sat on a unit tilli set them up als the games are hidden in draws as my shelves are dvds and books only right now
This guy are sick

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Been for a bit of a test ride to get used to my new steed. Its amazingly composed compared to my old Giant (which was proper twitchy), it inspires confident cornering and the disc brakes are great. Well chuffed! Got to build up my stamina now. I averaged 17.59 mph over 16 miles. Not bad for a first run by an old bloke but i'm sure i can improve. :)

dste

Post by dste » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Not today but Thursday gone this happened.

Standing at the Haymarket bus station in Newcastle (with headphones in) after work to get the bus home when a drunk guy taps me on the shoulder. After asking me about the buses he then starts to tell me how Newcastle is now bad and is not as good as it used to be. According to him this is due to the Universities which he blames for bringing students and crap pubs to Newcastle.

Luckily he didn't spot the University hoodie that was slung over my bag.

After this he proceeded to ask me where I was from. When I said Nottingham he said "no way" and asked where my parents were from. Again on reply of Nottingham he asked if I had ever researched my family tree. On being told no as I didn't much care he then became shocked and wondered if my ancestors were arabian and touched my beard.

The one bloody day that the bus was ten minutes late.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!