Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Today is the first time I have had a message that ended with "and bring your Undertaker costume <3"

I also found out that they are not just opening kickball stadiums near me, also swimming pools, basketball courts and a rugby pitch

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:09 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Well , Silvergunner , I wish him well - its a shame it takes these kind of events to make us think about our own health too but at least he is in the right place and you can move forward with understanding what he will be going through. Better to have the bypass and recover slowly.

Now that makes my sh#t trivial but I know how hard these things hit him , you and everyone around him too.
Thanks shifty. Went to visit today and he is getting on with it. He may well have to wait at least five weeks for the op :shock: he has already got cabin fever as he can do bugger all. No pun intended but he is board to death as he ain't allowed to do anything.

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Today my mate me outside of work and as he was a little bit away from the door as I came out he proceeded to re-enact this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU

I walked away to encourage him but unfortunately then realised that a member of the security team was in front of me so unfortunately had to get him to stop as he was so loud. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 am

... is my BIRTHDAY :D :D :D

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Happy birthday Kilb!!!

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Kilb wrote:... is my BIRTHDAY :D :D :D
Happy birthday Mr. Klib.

Today I am just thankful of the weekend. Just want to chill.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:37 am

Today I spent an hour on the bike in work time. Nearly collapsed trying to push myself a bit too far. Thats what I get for trying to keep up with someone who overtakes me.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:57 am

dste wrote:Today my mate me outside of work and as he was a little bit away from the door as I came out he proceeded to re-enact this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU

I walked away to encourage him but unfortunately then realised that a member of the security team was in front of me so unfortunately had to get him to stop as he was so loud. :lol:

I actually did something like that once but ran over to the person and went "sorry you looked like someone i know but your not"
This guy are sick

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Today I have painted 3/4 of the outside of my house. Got the rest to do tomorrow. Completely knackered!! AND it is a long way up to the top as I live on a slope!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 am

Well Rolf Harris has been found guilty, after reading/hearing some of the charges he sounds dodgy as anything

Must admit i'm gutted my 'child heroes' from yesteryear like Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville are like this ! Stuart Hall as well, loved him on Its a knockout with his laughter.

But i'm glad justice has finally been done, even reading some of the stuff his daughter (Bindi) gave as evidence i'm stunned shes stayed by her dad

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:03 pm

psj3809 wrote: Must admit i'm gutted my 'child heroes' from yesteryear like Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville are like this ! Stuart Hall as well, loved him on Its a knockout with his laughter.
I know what you mean. I never really watched a lot of Rolf's TV but as a little kid I used to see Animal Hospital so it's depressing when these people have their true side revealed. Same for that whole Ian Watkins thing - loved Lostprophets and their music but I've not listened to any of their tracks since the scandal despite thinking that I would be fine with it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:40 pm

When Rolf was arrested I couldn't believe it, not Rolf.

Now though, sadly I'm just resigned to them all being arrested and charged.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:52 pm

today my car went in for mot, it failed as apparently my rear brake efficiency is dangerously low, confident it can be fixed and through the mot for under £100 in less than 24 hours.

tomorrow i have to pick up my suits, pick the car up and clean the house to within an inch of its life and mow the lawns too

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Yep gutted about Rolf especially as I used to watch Rolfs cartoon club religiously as a child. Unfortunately the evidence is there and it's not one of those borderline did he or didn't he situations.

Feel for his family as that will not be easy having some one who is a peado. Especially when it's someone famous as the amount of press attention is going to be massive.

Strangely a place in austrailia is still considering taking a plaque down in his honour. Nothing to think about there, take it down or someone will do it for you causing a lot of damage while they are at it.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm telling you, if Pat Sharpe gets arrested my childhood is officially in tatters.

Also, since the air con stopped working in my car a few days ago, the only sensible thing to do was buy another one where it still functions. Definitely one of those things that, once you've had it, you can never live without