Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

psj3809

Re: Today

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 am

Arrrgh twitter !

I use twitter like teletext, i follow a lot of sports/retro stuff but i dont post. I've got 3 tweets since i joined about 4 years ago and thats just to enter competitions. But theres one or two users who send follower requests everyday ! I decline them but they still do it everyday ! Why ?!? They must see i dont tweet so why would they want to follow me and persist day after day ? Frustrating !!

Still love twitter for up to date news (Specially for american sports which i like) and minute by minute commentary on footy games (its like an up to date version of 'watching' the scores come in on teletext in the old days !)

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Thu May 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Today my dad has had a suspected heart attack. Very touch and go this morning, but he's a lot better now, and I've just come home for some kip. Going to go in and sit with him tomorrow. I'm not sure the doctors were impressed for his request for his Drip to be replaced with Old Thumper!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Glad to hear he's feeling better ST! :)

Today I am back from Barcelona and straight down to the Hay festival in Wales, my daughter Grace is in the final of the Chris Evans 500 word national comp, we are on the Radio 2 Chris Evans breakfast show from 7 to 9! :D

edit: tomorrow

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Today, I revisited the RG Forum, things have gone a bit quiet on Koops Utopia and this place seems to be working again, shall frequent both establishments.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Today I went to see the doctor about my back,

Just need to keep working and doing what I do and it will fix its self

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Utterly shite day today. Spend all day hanging around at home doing nothing while awaiting a call from the garage and when I finally got my car back at gone 5pm, I was told that the turbo is knackered. Really can't afford to have it replaced :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat May 31, 2014 11:00 am

Next door pissing me off today with drilling and all sorts of bollocks, time to turn on the Maiden and face the speakers at the walls.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Did my nan's eulogy at her funeral today, managed to get through it somehow and glad I did. :(

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 am

I'm having a terrible run of luck at the mo - first my telly, now my 360's gone bang. Not your typical RROD, just... nothing. :(

I think it blew up in disgust at having to be connected to a crappy portable - via composite!

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:37 pm

sscott wrote:Did my nan's eulogy at her funeral today, managed to get through it somehow and glad I did. :(
always a difficult thing to do. well done for getting through it.

today, the night security guy at my office, became the latest cyclist killed by a lorry in london :(
RIP Taffy.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Handed in my notice yesterday. Was pretty worried about moving to another job, but I think it's for the best on both sides.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Space_turnip wrote:Today my dad has had a suspected heart attack. Very touch and go this morning, but he's a lot better now, and I've just come home for some kip. Going to go in and sit with him tomorrow. I'm not sure the doctors were impressed for his request for his Drip to be replaced with Old Thumper!
Hope everthing is ok.

Unfortunately I have not long got back from hospital an hour ago with my mum as my dad has in fact had one this morning. Mum got home and asked how his day had been. His response was terrible. "I got this chest pain and sweats for half hour" say no more my mum got him to the docs. Poor guy did not even think he was having one.

Very worried as he may need surgery but with his other health complications he just would not be up to a major operation :(

What's worse is I was off work today and thought about visiting him but in the end I had to many bills and cr@p to sort out. Low and behold I might of found him and got him seen to sooner :(

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:18 am

Today I am rethinking my Shredder costume

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:49 pm

I've just been asked to help with a lesson on Retro Gaming and the culture associated with it. Needless to say I'm quite looking forward to it :D

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 pm

My wife messaged me from Cairo, she's a University lecturer and has been paid to lecture at Cairo University. Sounds great but she flew in at 1 am, had to lecture to 100 people at 8am this morning, she's a trooper! :)