Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

flatapex

Re: Today

Post by flatapex » Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 pm

they are putting bad hard drives in them, my current lappy is an old acer that used to be the other half's

their best bet would be to put western digital ones as this is what acer themselves use (they use decent bits usually), pc world are probably putting cheap rubbish in it

most hdd's originate through either w.d or seagate in one way or another (hitachi hdd's originate from w.d, samsung post 2011 are seagate)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 pm

today my sega psu finally kicked the bucket, its been playing up for a bit. my mate has very kindly agreed to fix it for me, i'll be sending it down to him and he will sort it for me, its most likely a loose wire.

oh and i bought a mega drive for spares for £2, my original plan was to take the cover off, remove the headphone volume control and attach it to my working one, speaking to my mate he is interested in fixing it. the guy i bought it off was a qualified electrician :lol:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat May 24, 2014 10:07 am

today i saw this in Crack converters:

something of a rarity these days, so i had to take a pic :lol:

The console was £40. I also saw Gun Griffon for the Saturn for £10 in one of the local charity shops. Had a look and it was missing the instructions and had the wrong game disc in the box....yet they still wanted a tenner for it even after i pointed that out to them :?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sun May 25, 2014 5:38 pm

2000th post!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun May 25, 2014 8:45 pm

today i dropped the missus and my daughter off at Birmingham International airport for a little jaunt to Disneyland Paris. That means my son and I have been left to fend for ourselves for a few days. I don't know how we'll manage...... :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon May 26, 2014 9:46 am

Off to Barcelona for a few days with the missus. Should be fun!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon May 26, 2014 10:47 am

recovering from my stag party

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Fantastic first day in Barcelona, knocked the sangria back last night and ready for round two! :D

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue May 27, 2014 4:49 pm

sscott wrote:Fantastic first day in Barcelona, knocked the sangria back last night and ready for round two! :D
Awesome! Have one for me and spare a thought as i've been lugging about 9 ft concrete fence posts and a few tonnes of rubble :(

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:26 pm

sscott wrote:Fantastic first day in Barcelona, knocked the sangria back last night and ready for round two! :D
Been to Gaudi's basilica yet? Ugliest building I've ever seen. You could tell he was a builder, as he's just taken whatever junk was left over from each job and thrown it at the basilica, there's no cohesive design at all.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue May 27, 2014 9:44 pm

You piqued my interest in Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia, Ant. Had a look at it on google. Wow! I really don't know what to make of it at all :lol: It isn't even finished, due for completion in 2026.....144 years after being started :shock: It's certainly going to attract your attention. I'd take a look if i ever go to Barcelona.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arted.html

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:30 am

Those pictures don't do it justice, it looks much worse in person. There's so much random details stuck on. Old clashes with new styles, with random fruit and text on top. If it were my city, I'd be hiding the thing, not highlighting it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed May 28, 2014 7:53 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Those pictures don't do it justice, it looks much worse in person. There's so much random details stuck on. Old clashes with new styles, with random fruit and text on top. If it were my city, I'd be hiding the thing, not highlighting it.
:lol: Isn't Gaudi supposed to be a bit like Leonado da Vinci in respect of supposedly putting hidden meaning into his work? It looks like you could hide a lot of stuff in the Basilica!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:44 am

My telly seems to be stuck in standby - having a look on the Sanyo customer support forums it looks like there's a problem with the power board and it'll cost over £100 to fix! :(

I at least have a monitor to connect my laptop to otherwise I wouldn't be able to type this but OUCH!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 28, 2014 10:19 am

Today I am letting my back recover after it giving out last night
Its not so bad when walking
All my major body problems started when I signed up for the uni
Using a yoga position to pick something up