Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: Today

Post by nokgod » Wed May 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:You realise that's halfway to 18, old man? ;)

You know that's made me realise my daughter is 18 next month :shock:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 pm

today we discovered the reason our bathroom water pressure has been bizarre through the shower, turns out its knackered

£140 to be spent tomorrow :cry:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed May 07, 2014 8:18 pm

nokgod wrote:

Hmm My eldest son is 20 and eldest daughter 17 (and talking about getting engaged :o :shock: ) and for those that remember all the joy of my 6th arriving... she is 5!!!!! Now, WHERE DID THAT TIME GO.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu May 08, 2014 2:21 am

by markopoloman on Thu May 08, 2014 1:18 am

nokgod wrote:

Hmm My eldest son is 20 and eldest daughter 17 (and talking about getting engaged :o :shock: ) and for those that remember all the joy of my 6th arriving... she is 5!!!!! Now, WHERE DID THAT TIME GO.
Spent having nookie, I would say :wink:

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 am

:lol:

Eat your nans pants

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu May 08, 2014 4:00 am

thingonaspring wrote:had his follow up appointment today. unfortunately, the cancer appears to have spread to the lymph nodes. don't know any more than that just yet, but it's not good news. :(
thanks for the messages, he got a letter yesterday, and is in hospital for several hours today seeing lots of people, and having lots of tests to figure out what is or isn't happening, and what does or doesn't need to happen next :?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 08, 2014 5:13 am

thingonaspring wrote:
thingonaspring wrote:had his follow up appointment today. unfortunately, the cancer appears to have spread to the lymph nodes. don't know any more than that just yet, but it's not good news. :(
thanks for the messages, he got a letter yesterday, and is in hospital for several hours today seeing lots of people, and having lots of tests to figure out what is or isn't happening, and what does or doesn't need to happen next :?
Sorry to hear about your brother. My best mate of 30 years, his wife (in her 30's) was diagnosed with lymph node cancer 18 months ago. They've managed to get rid of it, obviously she has to keep having checks to make sure it doesnt come back and it was a tough 18 months with all the treatment (in Oxford) but shes got through it.

Totally changes your view on life and other things when you know someone who goes through that. Please pass on my best to your brother and tell him to keep strong, going to be tough but in 18+ months hopefully we'll be talking here about your brother getting the all clear

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu May 08, 2014 5:41 am

Kilb wrote:
by markopoloman on Thu May 08, 2014 1:18 am

nokgod wrote:

Spent having nookie, I would say :wink:
Well, yeah. So time well spent then :mrgreen:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat May 10, 2014 8:46 pm

psj3809 wrote:
thingonaspring wrote:
Sorry to hear about your brother. My best mate of 30 years, his wife (in her 30's) was diagnosed with lymph node cancer 18 months ago. They've managed to get rid of it, obviously she has to keep having checks to make sure it doesnt come back and it was a tough 18 months with all the treatment (in Oxford) but shes got through it.

Totally changes your view on life and other things when you know someone who goes through that. Please pass on my best to your brother and tell him to keep strong, going to be tough but in 18+ months hopefully we'll be talking here about your brother getting the all clear
Agreed, my father in law was diagnosed with stage 1 bowel cancer and as he was coming to the end of the radiotherapy treatment he had a stroke. He has made massive efforts to get back to as near normal as he can. Certainty gives you a different outlook and has made me appreciate my own father a lot more too.

Judging by the time I don't know whether to say today (Saturday) our hoover started smoking from underneath or today (sunday) we will be going to church to hear our wedding banns and then head off to one of my dad's many classic car shows

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Today in work we are getting rid of the lockers that have been in ther since the place opened in the 60s

Nothing of much interest, but we did find a Quran and a newspaper that was dated a few days after 9/11

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon May 12, 2014 5:27 pm

thingonaspring wrote:
Man, that sucks. I have everything crossed for your brother mate. I've a good idea of how you must be feeling as my sis had breast cancer back in 2010, a nasty one too. But she's still here and is going great guns in remission. So there's definitely hope to be had.

Once again, all the best.

Eat your nans pants

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 am

RIP Steven Sutton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27408818

I dont normally bother with RIP threads as its about some millionaire film star/singer who i've got no interest in.

But top marks to this lad for raising that amount of money he did before he died. Cant believe some sickos started posting that they thought this was an elaborate hoax when he got 'slightly' better a few weeks back

But amazing to raise that money which the trust said was their single biggest donation. People like this should be praised rather than some millionaire film star etc. RIP

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu May 15, 2014 4:51 am

thingonaspring wrote:
hopefuly its good news from here on in mate fingers crossed
This guy are sick

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri May 16, 2014 6:14 pm

My subjects (Ict) exam and coursework done, what a tiring week! A weekend of playing games and watching the FA cup final.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 am

Wife/nipper away with the father in law on holiday.

Having a nice relaxing week, lots of gaming, decent films and sunshine. Just waiting for the first person to start moaning its too hot !