Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: Today

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 am

Two little teenagers just knocked on the door saying for £2 they'll get rid of the snow on our path/drive. Thought good lads, i can be lazy and also it shows not every 15 year old is a happy slapper ! They did up to the road so gave em £4.

Good initiative by these youngsters, said their mates are doing it on the main road and have made £40 so far today !

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:46 pm

SoupDragon wrote:Not a veggie myself but today we learn (if media reports are correct) that pies from Linda McCartney’s range were falsely labelled as 'suitable for vegetarians' but contained meat :shock: This mean that 1000s of vegetarians have been eating meat?
Got a link? I'm a veggie myself and I've eaten those from time to time...not noticed anything suspect but I'd like to know what these reports are. Is nothing safe to eat anymore?!? All packets/boxes seem to be full of lies lately :roll:
Negative Creep wrote:Another retro car has appeared on my driveway

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 6555_o.jpg
Haven't seen one of those for a while! Nice to see people keeping the old cars going and enjoying them :D
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Got to school, was told it was snowed off, turned around, went back home.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 pm

SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Another retro car has appeared on my driveway

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 6555_o.jpg
Dude I love those 80s corollas. I have no idea why but I do. AE82 I think they are ?

That was the later model, this is the E80 (it's also front wheel drive, hence why a zero wasn't added on the end of the price!) It's technically known as a liftback, which I always thought was quite a funky name.

In other car news, my Punto sold within 24 hours of going on Autotrader, and I had about 8 or 9 different people ring for a viewing.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Today I watched my mum show her other half how to use a tablet PC, (Had to show my mum how to use one a few weeks back)

Hes got no PC skills, dont know what "Clicking" on a icon is, swiping the screen is, but got the hang of it

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

My lovely son is 4 today, hurrah!

mrbungle

Post by mrbungle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 am

slowly injecting caffeine into veins..... :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 am

today I went to see the person about the job again,

YET AGAIN SHE ISNT IN! Now shes on holiday.

This is really f**king pissing me off now

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Today i woke to the sound of my boiler being strangled by a Jamaican steel band.

Turns out the pump had seized. Fortunately, my best mate is a plumber and we've just finished swapping it out for a new one. All is quiet again....(and warm!)

God knows how much that would have cost if i'd had to go through Yellow Pages. As it was, it cost me £35 for a new pump and £30 to my mate for helping me out of a hole. Bargain! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Today we've got a lot of snow and I'm snowed in!

At work. Can't get home at all. Good thing I work in a hotel I guess :?

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 pm

nokgod wrote:Today i woke to the sound of my boiler being strangled by a Jamaican steel band.

Turns out the pump had seized. Fortunately, my best mate is a plumber and we've just finished swapping it out for a new one. All is quiet again....(and warm!)

God knows how much that would have cost if i'd had to go through Yellow Pages. As it was, it cost me £35 for a new pump and £30 to my mate for helping me out of a hole. Bargain! :D
guys like that have a lot of mates :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm

yeah, he does.....not only is he a superb plumber, he has his own micro brewery in his garden. :wink:

I just finished a crate of his honey wheat beer.......bloody gorgeous! (brewed specially for me, he doesn't like it. :D )
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Really, really, really snowing tonight. Wanted to go out and play tomorrow too. :(

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm

sscott wrote:Really, really, really snowing tonight. Wanted to go out and play tomorrow too. :(
I drove from the University to Rotherham in the snow....not a smart move, people seemed to think laws of the road stopped applying when you can't see the road markings...will be a few abandoned cars tomorrow.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm

sscott wrote:Really, really, really snowing tonight. Wanted to go out and play tomorrow too. :(
For the first time in ages I had a whole morning to enjoy the snow! Built a snowman, watched my dog destroy the snowman. Went sledding, was awesome!

Not to rub it in :wink: