Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

greenberet79

Re: Today

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 am

It's because they're a girl band called censored Riot. The British media love a bit of titillation. If it were an all-male band called, I dunno, Punk Riot then you wouldn't hear about it.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:18 am

clarance wrote:I'm not arguing that it wasn't provocative - the fact that it was was kind of the point of the protest.

And your argument that people that protest within harsh regimes expect everything they get is a bit silly.

Just a little aghast that you think it's OK for them to be locked up for a considerable period of time for protesting against censorship and basic freedoms.
Fair enough i didnt mean 'well its russia what did they expect'. You could say theyre very clever as if it was a small protest down a road in some russian city no one would report on it. Instead their protest has generated huge huge news all around the world so yeah in a way they are very very clever.

(I was hoping their songs would be better though ! ;)

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:54 am

greenberet79 wrote:It's because they're a girl band called censored Riot. The British media love a bit of titillation. If it were an all-male band called, I dunno, Punk Riot then you wouldn't hear about it.
If you do a google image search for them you'll also notice 'the fit one' has the most photos - I'd imagine that might be another reason why

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Today on the last day of my annual leave from work, I had a nice carvery in a local pub and then went to the circus (the non-animal variety). It wasn't quite as good as the one I went to a couple of years back but still a good laugh and excellent acts.

The motorcyclists were particularly good for such a small wall of death act. Hard to imagine 2 of them fitting in there though until you actually saw it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Spent a good few hours this afternoon clearing stuff out and throwing tons of stuff away. Amazing how much junk we accumulate over time. Copied CD's, old books, tons of papers/folders/'borrowed' textbooks from college years ago etc. Loads more random sh1te that I forgot I owned too. When stuff gets to a certain age, it seems harder to part with it but thankfully I found myself in a pretty ruthless mood and powered through it all.

Got plenty more to do yet and there will be lots more casualties but better to bin/sell stuff than store it up for all eternity.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 am

Today i've spent my time cursing the scum that steal. :twisted:

Whilst i was on holiday i found out my Dad had his car stolen. Thing was, he 'd just got out the car to unlock a gate, so some opportunist little turd burglar thought it would be an easy chance to slip in and drive it away as it was still running. Trouble was my dad got in his way, so he knocked him down and reversed over him on purpose, just to get away.

If i caught hold of him, it'd be me that ended up doing time.....that's for sure.

I've just found out that the Police have found his car. He'd tried to burn it out but couldn't even do that right.....so hopefully some forensic evidence can be found to put him in the hole he belongs.

Fortunately my Dad is made of stern stuff and astonishingly, didn't break any bones. He does have tyre marks on his legs and some hefty soft tissue damage though.

What type of person deliberately mows down a 68 year old man?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 am

nokgod wrote:Today i've spent my time cursing the scum that steal. :twisted:

Whilst i was on holiday i found out my Dad had his car stolen. Thing was, he 'd just got out the car to unlock a gate, so some opportunist little turd burglar thought it would be an easy chance to slip in and drive it away as it was still running. Trouble was my dad got in his way, so he knocked him down and reversed over him on purpose, just to get away.

If i caught hold of him, it'd be me that ended up doing time.....that's for sure.

I've just found out that the Police have found his car. He'd tried to burn it out but couldn't even do that right.....so hopefully some forensic evidence can be found to put him in the hole he belongs.

Fortunately my Dad is made of stern stuff and astonishingly, didn't break any bones. He does have tyre marks on his legs and some hefty soft tissue damage though.

What type of person deliberately mows down a 68 year old man?
Really sorry to hear that mate, hope you're Dad recovers soon and the police catch this scumbag.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 am

pratty wrote: Really sorry to hear that mate, hope you're Dad recovers soon and the police catch this scumbag.
Cheers. My dad's already moaning about the fact he's not allowed to get in the garden...etc, etc.....so i know he's going to be fine. You can't keep a good man down! :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

dste

Post by dste » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Hope they catch the f****r Trev, scummy piece of s**t.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 pm

dste wrote:Hope they catch the f****r Trev, scummy piece of s**t.
this and to add i hope when he's inside he ends up the b!tch of some dude hung like a race horse :twisted: that'd be justice.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
dste wrote:Hope they catch the f****r Trev, scummy piece of s**t.
this and to add i hope when he's inside he ends up the b!tch of some dude hung like a race horse :twisted: that'd be justice.
+1. I wonder if he likes playing the "Drop The Soap" shower game?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Lost to a mate at pool, 7-1, beat him 5-1 last time, bah!

mrbungle

Post by mrbungle » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Today I finally got amiga emulation working on the wii, and introduced Superfrog to my 5 year old son, who loved it instantly but still cant get his head around the fact you have to press up...to JUMP! :)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Today has been one of the hardest days of work I have ever had. Collapsed as soon as I got through the door, can't believe I've got another two weeks of this before I get a day off.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Rayne wrote:Today has been one of the hardest days of work I have ever had. Collapsed as soon as I got through the door, can't believe I've got another two weeks of this before I get a day off.
14 days in a row??? Barbarism!