Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nokgod

Re: Today

Post by nokgod » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 pm

crusto wrote:Today I found out that my beautiful wife does NOT have thyroid cancer. What a relief, I am a terribly happy man today. Also, may have landed a job too!
Bloody brilliant on both counts mate, its nice to hear good news for a change! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:25 am

Today I am expecting a delivery of security Torx and security Hex screwdrivers. I can then start to take bits off my naomi cab to see if it will actually fit in the dining room.

As I have a feeling it will be a rather big job I have a back up plan in the form of physical help or in otherwords 4 of us will try and turn the 18 stone monster onto its side and by jiggery-pokery slide it through the 29" gap. As its 32" wide and 32" deep, this is going to be fun :?

My husband does have a 2nd back up plan of course but that involves taking the door frame off and maybe removing a brick or two at the widest part. :lol:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:02 am

hooray for application forms that contradict them selfs.
even my back to work advisor says its not well planned out

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:10 pm

i cleaned out my shed today
found a big bunch of keys from all my old cars ive collected over the years, and also some Rabbit memorabilia from the old rabbit phone system.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:31 pm

After two gruelling suicide shifts I came home to the iPad I got from eBay to find that the 'pristine condition' unit was in fact covered on the back with deep scratches and REEKS of fags.

Really annoyed, have asked for my money back (which I'll get one way or another) but it just means another week or two before I can finally play with an iPad

Gutted

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Today I had to give a presentation for my College course, such fun.

Now not back at work until Tuesday, woohoo.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Rayne wrote:After two gruelling suicide shifts I came home to the iPad I got from eBay to find that the 'pristine condition' unit was in fact covered on the back with deep scratches and REEKS of fags.

Really annoyed, have asked for my money back (which I'll get one way or another) but it just means another week or two before I can finally play with an iPad

Gutted
Things like that really annoy me. Do you feel like smashing it over the vendors head? I do and its not even my problem :lol: . I censored hate dishonesty.

Eat your nans pants

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:49 pm

crusto wrote:
Rayne wrote:After two gruelling suicide shifts I came home to the iPad I got from eBay to find that the 'pristine condition' unit was in fact covered on the back with deep scratches and REEKS of fags.

Gutted
Things like that really annoy me. Do you feel like smashing it over the vendors head? I do and its not even my problem :lol: . I censored hate dishonesty.
At the very least the seller has been extremely accommodating. First agreeing to post it to me at no charge (after initially being collect only) and now agreeing to a full refund once I return it to them. I was expecting a real fight over it.

Bought a replacement on eBay tonight, a touch (hah!) more expensive but from the gallery of photos I know for sure that this one is in minty condition

Just means I gotta wait till like, Wednesday before I get to play on it :evil:

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:52 pm

I want an ipad, but the spoilt bastard in me will only accept brand new :roll: . And im skint for the forseeable.

Eat your nans pants

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:04 am

crusto wrote:I want an ipad, but the spoilt bastard in me will only accept brand new :roll: . And im skint for the forseeable.
You must resist the urge.
You really dont want to become one of "those" Apple fans.

One of "Those" fans that lap up every thing they come out with.

You know the Applefags

Ill just leave this here
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/03/we-gav ... -loved-it/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:22 am

^Oh come on prinny.

I was never pro-Apple before, dont care for their computers/laptops, quite happy with my PC. But then when i finally tested out an ipod touch and played a few games i was totally sold.

The people who queue outside shops for hours to get the latest ipad i think are sad, the ones who will buy anything Apple and hate PC are odd, but on the other hand the ones who constantly slate Apple off without trying out their devices are also a bit strange.

Once i played a few iOS games i was hooked, got an ipad now, great bit of kit. I'm not going to go crazy and buy an Apple netbook/desktop computer or that but iOS gaming is very very good. If you've tried it for a while and dont like it then fair enough, but just slating it for the 'sake' of slating it is just as bad as Apple fanboys. I doubt you've tried an ipad for 30 minutes or more have you ?

I doubt you know the difference between an ipad2 and 3, if i gave you an ipad 2 and said it was a 3 i'm sure you wouldnt bat an eyelid

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 am

DPrinny wrote:
crusto wrote:I want an ipad, but the spoilt bastard in me will only accept brand new :roll: . And im skint for the forseeable.
You must resist the urge.
You really dont want to become one of "those" Apple fans.

One of "Those" fans that lap up every thing they come out with.

You know the Applefags
:lol: Damn those hypnotised morons that prefer quality products to Sh!te, they must all be stupid

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 am

I've got a MacBook and an iPad - they're ace. They p*ss over every PC I've ever owned.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

I do get some of what DPrinny is saying, my mates girlfriend has an Apple macbook, does she use it for all its features ? Nope, she just uses Safari to log onto Facebook and wanted to get Apple because of the 'name', pathetic ! So there are people like that who simply get it because of the name and then dont use the device to its potential.

But i'm sure 99% of us here are different and if we have an Apple device we use it for a lot of things and a lot of gaming. My wifes got an iphone, how many apps does she have for it - 5 ! Pathetic ! Her and her mates like it because they like the way it shows the txt history ! Pah ! Her phones criminally underused !

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 am

I wouldnt mind a iPhone or a iPad, but its not like I will que up for days to get the 2012 edition.
Or think that everything Apple makes is the best thing ever