Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Angry Jock

Re: Today

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
The Angry Jock wrote:That's just completely untrue. Public sector wages ramped up when labour came to power and are now in the region of 7-13% higher on average than the private sector...then you have the low retirement age and guaranteed pension income which is increasingly rare in the private sector.
That may be true at the high end of the pay scales, but all the actual dogsbodies like myself aren't in the pay bracket that skews that average away up.
That doesn't even make sense, high earning private sector employees get paid far more than top level civil servants. the figures I suggest are average pay between sectors...which actually favours the public sector.
Antiriad2097 wrote:Low retirement age? I gather I'm currently being pegged at 67. Minimum. And I expect that to increase substantially.
If retirement age isn't an issue, why are there people on the news right now complaining about working longer?
Antiriad2097 wrote:And the guaranteed pension will be far less than the private one I had when I did work in private sector and had a correspondingly higher wage to pay for it.
Lucky you.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm

sscott wrote:The maths are a little dubious here I think!
Think what you want, that's what's gonna happen.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Boliers fu(ked, wonder how many kettles of hot water it would take to fill a bath? Part not available until Saturday, showers at the gym for me I guess. House is bloody freezing now.

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:That may be true at the high end of the pay scales, but all the actual dogsbodies like myself aren't in the pay bracket that skews that average away up.

Low retirement age? I gather I'm currently being pegged at 67. Minimum. And I expect that to increase substantially.

And the guaranteed pension will be far less than the private one I had when I did work in private sector and had a correspondingly higher wage to pay for it.
Very true Antiriad. As a senior manager in the NHS, my pay is comparable with private sector but that has only been the case since Agenda for Change in the NHS brought the wages of most people in the NHS up to reasonable standards in 2004.

Before that, my wages were 1000's per annum below the private sector and the benefits of public sector working such as a decent pension, holidays, sick pay were the only things that made up for that.

The changes now being made, change the amount I will have to pay from my wages (up to 8.4%) which I can understand but they also require me to work longer and still see a lower return when I am 67 than my current pension. I wouldn't mind the changes if I would see a better return when I retire but I won't. :(

Anyway that said, I did go into work today and it was as horrendous as expected. Was really glad when it was home time but at least I know I stuck to my principles. I just do not believe that a strike was the correct action to take especially not in the NHS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Today I think those full barrels have goten lighter and have been offered more work round the pub as a roadie.

So I take it mission done.
I have found (very part time) work this year no need to end life.(but going off my mood I feel it would be pointless lifes bloody good right now)

Also Computer club was packed last night.
Made it a success
Now to work on Friday nights as they are dead

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 am

Same every year, December comes and I feel rotten. Eyes streaming, coughing fit, limbs aching.

Stupid biological clock.

pforson

Post by pforson » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:20 am

sscott wrote: As a teacher I pay £250 a month pension, you think we get it or free!?!? :lol:
That's what the newspaper said. I assume it differs from person to person depending on scheme.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

dste

Post by dste » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Today I passed my first assessment of my College course, obviously very pleased.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Just finished parents evening, saw 40 sets of parents tonight and it is really hard not to repeat yourself, staff night out tomorrow but I don't think I'll be staying out all night, those days are over!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Today I went round the xmas markets for the first time.
Seems that all they do is put the price up.
FOUR QUID FOR A PINT!!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:00 am

sscott wrote:Just finished parents evening, saw 40 sets of parents tonight and it is really hard not to repeat yourself, staff night out tomorrow but I don't think I'll be staying out all night, those days are over!
Could do better, sscott. :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a nice night out!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Got caught out this morning by the ice and slick tyres. Cue me sliding on my arse down the road in front of a gaggle of schoolkids..... :roll: :lol:

After they'd finished laughing one of them did ask me if i was ok, which i was most surprised about (pleasantly).

I was, apart from the usual tarmac kisses and dented pride. I also put a hole in my winter tights, which pissed me off the most.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Today the parrot started moaning as I waved good bye to her.

I think shes getting fed up of my outer life

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Today I continued with boosting my maths and english to try and help with work, my right hand has and still is reminding me its winter with shooting pains and no I have not been doing much of what you are thinking :lol:
Watching you sleep since 1990

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 am

Today I have just found out that my USB network adapter has gone to the great technological graveyard in the sky! Arggggghh!!!!! I had to dig out an old network cable!

On the plus side, I got a VAT return from the Inland Revenue for £43.31! Yipppppeeeee!