Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sureshot

Re: Today

Post by Sureshot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Today I'm taking stock after our holiday party last night at California Adventure, Disneyland.

Naturally, I hung around at Flynn's for quite a bit, which had a pretty good selection on offer, plus we had unlimited tokens so it was pretty much freeplay. Couple of things that were a bit disappointing: one was that some of the machines weren't maintained that well; the usual culprits: sketchyness going on with some of the screens, buttons not working properly (this included Galaga which annoyed me the most!) and the Robotron machine was just completely out of order. I realise those things must get a lot of traffic every day, but surely Disney has the cash to keep them working properly.

The other thing was that it felt more like you were in a TV studio than an arcade, especially when looking up at the ceiling. But having the windows of Flynn's office overlooking was a nice touch, and there was some pretty cool decor around the walls.

Anyway, pretty good fun all in all.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:42 pm

^They dont have the staff though.
Knowing them if they find out it dont work they will just get rid.

Today I won a tenner on a scratch card.

Spent £12 on shopping

Its a result.

yes a crap result

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:34 am

This morning my little boy decided it was time to investigate the christmas tree and decided the 7ft tree would look better strewn across the living room floor while he rolled around in the tinsel laughing his little nogging off.....if it wasnt so damn cute he would be spending christmas in a cardboard box on a random door step!! (Of course I joke!)

So re-decorating the tree later...fun :?
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:05 am

hehehhehehe, i have a Persian cat that also likes to do this!
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Found out a guy from school died today. He's the second of our year to pass away so far, less than a year and a half since we finished 6th Year.
I didn't know him well, but I've known him for a long time. Bit of a shock really.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Had my induction at Asda today - the health and safety video was perhaps the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever seen. The bloke demonstrating how to lift stuff safely actually compared vertebral discs to doughnuts!
And with his heavy Geordie accent, hearing him say "let's kip the jam in wor derrrrrrrrrrrrrnuts" then trying to keep a straight face took every ounce of restraint I had. Once I left the store, I almost p1ssed myself laughing.

Almost made me feel better about not being paid...
They still show that thing? I remember having to watch that back in 2004/2005 when I was at ASDA. Thought they would have had something newer by now :lol: . I never actually watched the equivalent video where I work now because the VHS player in the TV (yes, VHS in the year 2009 it was) was broke and it all sort of got forgotten about :?

Anyway, today I took my driving test for the first time and passed :D . Roll on having no money in January when I get a car :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:02 am

Today is moving slowly!

but its nap time for the kids, so I thought I'd get back on here :D

been a while since I properly went through the forum
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 am

Megamixer wrote:They still show that thing? I remember having to watch that back in 2004/2005 when I was at ASDA. Thought they would have had something newer by now :lol: . I never actually watched the equivalent video where I work now because the VHS player in the TV (yes, VHS in the year 2009 it was) was broke and it all sort of got forgotten about :?
It's on a hard drive now - at an eye-knackeringly low frame rate. Think Stunt Race FX! :lol:

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 am

Today i found out that i still have a job at the start of January but somewhere else in the company :D
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Today I am still remembering that I bloody love hard work

dste

Post by dste » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Today I did the thing that you should never do, accidently wiped my eye after cutting a chilli pepper.

I'd washed my hands but didn't realise that a small bit had gotten under a thumbnail, I soon realised when I wiped my eye.

Before that myself and the O/H had a little wander around the new area and found a gorgeous little coffee shop that served dark hot chocolate, it was very chocolately.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Today my missus bought me a new road bike for christmas and made me a pie.

Some days are just full of excellent.

dste

Post by dste » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:57 pm

tekaotaku wrote:Today for me, well, see the "when did you last fall over" thread....grrrrr....
Well at least you fell over. :wink: :lol:

It does bloody sting like a bar steward.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:03 am

Today I find myself having mixed feelings about the Christmas Party I went to last night.

Was having a great time early on, some of my best friends were there and mixed with plenty of alcohol of course, it was a laugh but then as the smokers disappeared outside so did most of the party and the atmosphere. (The downside of the smoking ban) I did go outside for a bit to join in but just too cold to stay out there.

Though that didn't bother me enough to spoil the evening but being left outside in the freezing cold for 50 minutes when the club shut and insufficient taxis had been arranged to take us all to the after party (5 miles away) certainly did. I didn't know the area so had problems trying to locate a taxi firm myself and the selfish gits I was with (excluding my daughter and mk) left in the second taxi leaving us 3 until last. Not a problem if inside but outisde in the cold air, it started to set off my asthma and the after party house was so also cold I just couldn't warm up again.

Feel really let down as I had looked forward to the party for months and then something so simple just wrecked it for me. :(

Daresay I'm just being grumpy but this has made me re-evaluate things about certain people.

Thanks though to mk for being so chivalrous as he could have left in that taxi but wouldn't leave me and Krissy by ourselves at that time of night. :D

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:07 am

today............. i did b..... all except watch TV
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!