Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Today

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 am

Today I have just found out that my USB network adapter has gone to the great technological graveyard in the sky! Arggggghh!!!!! I had to dig out an old network cable!

On the plus side, I got a VAT return from the Inland Revenue for £43.31! Yipppppeeeee!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 am

Today I've been woken up by the enchanting sound of my two kids screaming, laughing and arguing. My two year old son worships my 6 yr old daughter and follows her everywhere. Very sweet really.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:27 am

dste wrote:Today I passed my first assessment of my College course, obviously very pleased.
Well done mate. What are you studying?
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

dste

Post by dste » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Cheers mate. I've started a Foundation Degree in Human Resource Management.

It's a two year course with the option of a third year at University. It's been pretty quiet with just lessons since September but after that assessment I should be having another this week but the tutor is off ill so don't know if it will go ahead with the other tutor. Also have two assignments to complete and a personal development plan to complete, all by the middle of January.

Sounds far away but time can quickly pass.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Today, ok
Yesterday
I met my old boss. Apparently they dont work as hard as they used to in there and theres more mistakes.
So I take it im missed

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Today I not only found out that work have given me Christmas Day off but that my Canadian girlfriend will be spending it at home with us. I literally could not be more chuffed :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Rayne wrote:Today I not only found out that work have given me Christmas Day off but that my Canadian girlfriend will be spending it at home with us. I literally could not be more chuffed :D
Nice one mate :) . Out of curiosity, where do you work that would have you in on Christmas day? I only know of the ones like hospitals, police etc.

On a slightly similar note, I realised today that I have tomorrow randomly booked off :oops: . Would have just gone in to work as normal had I not happened to glance at my holiday request forms! I've planned to get all the Christmas shopping done and out of the way tomorrow now so goodbye to a few weeks' wages I reckon.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Rayne wrote:Today I not only found out that work have given me Christmas Day off but that my Canadian girlfriend will be spending it at home with us. I literally could not be more chuffed :D
Nice one mate :) . Out of curiosity, where do you work that would have you in on Christmas day? I only know of the ones like hospitals, police etc.

On a slightly similar note, I realised today that I have tomorrow randomly booked off :oops: . Would have just gone in to work as normal had I not happened to glance at my holiday request forms! I've planned to get all the Christmas shopping done and out of the way tomorrow now so goodbye to a few weeks' wages I reckon.
I work in hospitality bud, our hotel runs 24/7 every day of the year. We're guaranteed no statutory holidays whatsoever, however to balance that out we get a tonne of holiday days to take when we wish.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 am

Arrrggghhhhhh!!!!! I have woken up to find that my Freeview PVR has gone wrong!!!!!!! It had loads of stuff on there that I still needed to watch! Looks like I have to get a replacement. It was only a couple of years old. The Sky + box is going to get a hammering.

I am just waiting for the third bad thing to happen(see my post earlier in the year about bad things happening in threes and also the fact that my USB wireless dongle has gone bang!). Oh dear - my Sky + better live on.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 am

Had my induction at Asda today - the health and safety video was perhaps the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever seen. The bloke demonstrating how to lift stuff safely actually compared vertebral discs to doughnuts!
And with his heavy Geordie accent, hearing him say "let's kip the jam in wor derrrrrrrrrrrrrnuts" then trying to keep a straight face took every ounce of restraint I had. Once I left the store, I almost p1ssed myself laughing.

Almost made me feel better about not being paid...

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Today I've done sod-all except stroll down WHSmiths to see what book offers they might have on, and maybe make a start on some present-buying. Left with only this month's RG and volume 4 of the GamesTM retro bookazine (was chuffed to see a new one of those out) - oh well ..... still plenty of time! :lol:

Never played Final Fantasy before, interested to see if the feature will make me decide to get a copy. Looking forward to the Shinobi feature as well.
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:27 am

After posting on various electronic forums, I have found out that my Freeview PVR could be saved. It appears it could just be a blown capacitor on the PSU board. I just have to get it repaired. Fingers crossed it works.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Just finished typing out school reports, man that took a long time with Skyrim and Uncharterd 3 begging for my attention, off to bed now...

pforson

Post by pforson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Today sucked.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 am

pforson wrote:Today sucked.
Why? Explain yourself.