Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the_hawk

Re: Today

Post by the_hawk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:29 pm

You know when you meet someone that you have the greatest of respect for and admire their work & have done for a numer of years & they are really pleasent to you so you try to tell them exactly why you are a big fan of theirs, but because you've had a few beers & some vodkas  also you end up trying to tell them an amusing anecdote but it cones out all wrong & they look at you as if to say "you are a f-cking idiot" but smile & are very charming?  Well that happened to me tonight with one of my favourite comedians, Richard Herring.

Just thought I'd share.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

the_hawk wrote:You know when you meet someone that you have the greatest of respect for and admire their work & have done for a numer of years & they are really pleasent to you so you try to tell them exactly why you are a big fan of theirs, but because you've had a few beers & some vodkas  also you end up trying to tell them an amusing anecdote but it cones out all wrong & they look at you as if to say "you are a f-cking idiot" but smile & are very charming?  Well that happened to me tonight with one of my favourite comedians, Richard Herring.

Just thought I'd share.
Honsetly, you people. You want 'the moon on a stick'! :lol: :lol: :wink:

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Today....well, you know you're truly well-established in an NHS job when an elderly gentleman walks by and makes a 'w*nker' gesture at you through the window. Badge of honour. :mrgreen:
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Today trawling charity shops for old books paid off handsomely. A book (the illustrated History of India by James Grant, 1898) that I bought for 50p is listed at £125-150 on several sites. I've got a fair few old books that are worth a bit but nothing else above a hundred.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:09 am

Going up to Teesside to watch Middlesbrough v Derby in a bit, start of the half term break and just want to do a few things rather than just sitting around the house.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:27 am

Today I won a tenner on a scratch card.

Also I have got no response from anywhere I dropped a CV off at
This is annoying as I am more qualified and experienced than most the staff that work in these places.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:15 pm

today i backed up my ps3 and i'm now reformatting the hdd,i think my laser has gone but sony says it could be the hard drive.if this doesn't work i'll but a new one,i'm not paying £110 for a reconditioned with 3 months guarantee when i can pay £199 with a game and 1 year guarantee.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Today I reconnected my stereo and nearly died moving a solid pine wardrobe upstairs, I also recieved confirmation that my Warhammer Black coach has been dispatched so Ive got something pleasent to look forward to.
Watching you sleep since 1990

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Today I finally had a go at Saturn emulation on my ageing PC for Shining Force III. Found it actually wasn't as bad as I expected (well, acceptable) - so think I may get hunting on eBay for Scenarios 2 & 3 of this game which were never released outside of Japan, get the discs patched via the 'SF3 Translation Project' website, and look forward to playing the remaining chapters in English without having to shell out however much it would cost for a mod-chipped console.
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm

today i went straight back to work, having been off to the canaries for a week previously. nice, sunny, hot... plane lands into torrential rain. lovely welcome home.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Today I did yet more pointless work programme cr@p and then pretty much got on with warhammer stuff, the Vampire counts Black coach is a real sod to put together and under coating is tedious.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Sega2006 wrote:under coating is tedious.
Do it in big batches with spray paint. Just line up a row of figures then a light spray round them. Quite effective if you don't go overboard with paint and clog them up.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Cant spray at the moment, I even had to send off some of the lesneys to be restored by somone else, all I can do is brush work and when you have a Black coach, 10 ghouls, a necromancer and a Heldenhammer ship it kinda gets annoying after a while, I will have to carry on with them as soon as possible though as Ive got a few models Im making for others to finish and get shipped out.
I still need to sort out my armless ultramarines before I can undercoat them.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Today ive been offered a Youtube partner ship
>They will remove videos that break some copy right crap
>My most viewed ones are music videos and ones that have some "Copyright infringement" on them (Meh like other people dont do the same)
>They will put adds all over my vids

>Click "No thanks"
Blip.tv all the way as its like they give a toss. Less of a audience, but more stuff like having a splash screen instead of a preview half way threw. Longer vids, more options.

Plus they are not dicks about things

GeekyGameloverGirl

Post by GeekyGameloverGirl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:26 am

Today I am once again waiting around for work to call me to see if I'm working tomorrow ..A new job and I've got no hours :(
So I am now trying to find a way of watching films online for free. I'll be lucky :lol:
When life gets you down, Get up and get gaming!! :P