Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

markopoloman

Re: Today

Post by markopoloman » Mon May 15, 2017 7:56 pm

This is why the death penalty is good for some people. They should have televised his last breath and thrown a party to celebrate as he died.
Bury him with a headstone saying 'Sh!t here'.

Vile animal.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:06 am

gman72 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 5:53 pm
psj3809 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 5:22 pm
Ian Brady's just died. That's great news. Hope he rots in hell

Shame that mother never found out where her son was buried though
You just beat me to that one.
I hope he rots and burns in hell for all eternity. Reading the details of his crimes is grim, when I read about what he and Hindley did to poor Lesley Anne Downey I cried with shame that this bastard was the same species as me. Snatched, brutalised, raped, photographed, recorded, murdered and buried in that order.
Burn in hell
Since "hell" is about as likely to exist as a jihadi's heaven with 72 virgins, the best form of punishment was his life long incarceration alongside fellow psychopaths. His death is probably some relief to him, but hopefully (more importantly) as well some closure to his victims family.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Today I bought tickets for Aberdeen Comic Con this weekend.

Looking at the plan, they have a small retro gaming area (20 systems). I might have offered some help if I'd known.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 4:06 am
gman72 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 5:53 pm

You just beat me to that one.
I hope he rots and burns in hell for all eternity. Reading the details of his crimes is grim, when I read about what he and Hindley did to poor Lesley Anne Downey I cried with shame that this bastard was the same species as me. Snatched, brutalised, raped, photographed, recorded, murdered and buried in that order.
Burn in hell
Since "hell" is about as likely to exist as a jihadi's heaven with 72 virgins, the best form of punishment was his life long incarceration alongside fellow psychopaths. His death is probably some relief to him, but hopefully (more importantly) as well some closure to his victims family.
I refer to hell only as a turn of phrase, not as something I actually believe in. However you're right about Brady, it's just a shame that he didnt catched Cancer a few years into his incarceration and struggle painfully along until his death yesterday... although even that is not a harsh enough punishment for such a sorry excuse for a human being.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 16, 2017 4:20 pm

I hope they dont send anyone to hell, would cost to much, but they would probably be disappointed by the lack of whipping leather and restraints

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 am

Today someone has turned on a mucus tap in my nose. My hayfever has returned for this year. Yeah, fun times! :x

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

My nan died 2 years ago today and my dad 1 year ago tomorrow. Time certainly speeds up as you get older! My kids finished their final ICT exam yesterday which seemed to go pretty well. Fingers crossed!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Today the last 5 months of hell seemed to hit me really hard. Never been depressed before. Whiskey is helping and putting a stiff upper lip when around people is getting harder to achieve.

Not in the best of places at the mo and finding it very hard to talk to people and show my feelings. Very hard being stuck in limbo not knowing what is going to happen in the coming months, spent just under £3k on solicitors fees and can't afford to carry on doing that.

Why are there so many kants on this planet. :(
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm

saw this today, thought it was an interesting idea done well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYXw4K0A3g

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm
saw this today, thought it was an interesting idea done well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYXw4K0A3g
Nice interesting social experiment, and hopefully its not contrived, although the cynic in me would think they're all actors and scripted! :twisted:

Maybe Heineken would pair you and I off RP! :P Think I would be concerned that you might bottle me once you found the booze - just remember the rule that SNES fans are all friends and allies for life! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sephiroth81 on Mon May 22, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 am

They should have invited HalcyonDaze to come along, to meet with a muslim woman wearing a full burqa....with a non-alcoholic variant of Heineken of course. :wink:
Removing the wink makes it worse so the post has been removed.
Simply putting a wink at the end of something that's potentially scathing or a perceived judgement on another forum member isn't acceptable.

If you do it again or I continue to receive complaints from others then you'll receive a ban.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:21 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 am

Putting a wink at the end of your post does not give you the right to go after other members of the forum.
If you do it again you'll receive a ban.
I removed the wink...

On a serious note, it wasn't meant to be some sort of personal character assassination, more of a jovial caricature. If he was offended personally by it, then I genuinely apologise. If I were to report even 10% of the insults and personal attacks i've been subjected to on here over the past 3 and a half years, I'd be labelled a liberal "snowflake", but I guess my days here are probably numbered.

I'll be more diplomatic and careful, but also I shall be prepared to report/complain when I see others break the rules.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 7:21 am
I'd be labelled a liberal "snowflake", but I guess my days here are probably numbered.
Carry on like that and you're probably right.
Basically, there's no need to mock other members of the forum whether it's done in jest or not.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

^Can he c**k other members of the forum?

today I decided instead of spending money on getting a Switch/WiiU im going to learn how to drive

Being able to drive will bring in money

HELP HELP IM BECOMING RESPONSIBLE!!

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:30 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 am
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 am

They should have invited HalcyonDaze to come along, to meet with a muslim woman wearing a full burqa....with a non-alcoholic variant of Heineken of course. :wink:
Removing the wink makes it worse so the post has been removed.
Simply putting a wink at the end of something that's potentially scathing or a perceived judgement on another forum member isn't acceptable.

If you do it again or I continue to receive complaints from others then you'll receive a ban.
Good grief!
first time I've seen that comment, so let's be clear that I haven't complained or reported anybody.

I couldn't give a sh1t about the comment, but I am annoyed that it hasn't been pointed out that I haven't complained. If you want to remove it then that's up to you, but you are not doing it on my behalf. I've never reported anybody on this forum.