Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

IronMaidenRule

Re: Today

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:46 pm

sscott wrote:Strike at school but I am with NASUWT so was in work. Radio on and marking with no kids. Sweet gig!
NUT has a point about class sizes and budget cuts though. Getting silly now!
Business as usual at the school I work at, but the behavior of pupils has taken a sharp nose dive since the old head teacher left a few years ago, blatant vandalism of school computers is going unpunished. I fixed a room with 30 or so computers before the start of school, by 13:00 they were trashed with broken mice and keys ripped off the keyboards!! :evil:

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:21 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:
sscott wrote:Strike at school but I am with NASUWT so was in work. Radio on and marking with no kids. Sweet gig!
Business as usual at the school I work at, but the behavior of pupils has taken a sharp nose dive since the old head teacher left a few years ago, blatant vandalism of school computers is going unpunished. I fixed a room with 30 or so computers before the start of school, by 13:00 they were trashed with broken mice and keys ripped off the keyboards!! :evil:
Hmmmm, that reminds me of when I was at sixth form college many years ago - one of the IT technicians told me that someone had taken a SIMM out of a PC - presumably to take it home and use it.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:57 am

Katzkatz wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:
Hmmmm, that reminds me of when I was at sixth form college many years ago - one of the IT technicians told me that someone had taken a SIMM out of a PC - presumably to take it home and use it.
Found a LCD monitor today where a pupil has draw a penis into the screen with a pen, totally ruined the monitor.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 pm

ICT rooms with no permanent teacher get wrecked!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Wouldn't it just save a load of money by sticking CCTV all over the room? Surely if the school is full of sh*t they should be tracked and recorded?!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:00 pm

markopoloman wrote:Wouldn't it just save a load of money by sticking CCTV all over the room? Surely if the school is full of sh*t they should be tracked and recorded?!
Union issue MP. Allowed to have cameras on corridors though!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:43 pm

The Unions don't allow cameras in classrooms? Unions are dumb.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:07 pm

markopoloman wrote:Wouldn't it just save a load of money by sticking CCTV all over the room? Surely if the school is full of sh*t they should be tracked and recorded?!
That area is has four camera's, even sent clips to the Deputy Head of pupils ripping Ethernet cables out of the sockets...still gets trashed...it's like sscott says, unsupervised areas of the school get demolished....and staff are being cut at a stupid rate.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Lock it up and only let them in supervised?

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:14 am

DPrinny wrote:Lock it up and only let them in supervised?
Now that sounds logical, shame the leadership decided to take down the walls to make it "open plan" then put no one in the area to supervise it..........glad I am getting out of this place soon.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:59 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:
Now that sounds logical, shame the leadership decided to take down the walls to make it "open plan" then put no one in the area to supervise it..........glad I am getting out of this place soon.
It just shows howd im a lot of leaders are

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:45 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:
Open plan classrooms are really distracting. Been in one two years and finally moving to one with a door!

David

Post by David » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Enter them in a Battle Royale?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Today I am messing about with Youtubes scheduling feature

Dont know how far ahead I can go but

MUST UPLOAD RUSH ALBUM!!

I have penned a quick script for the future me video
"Hello this is me from the past, that you are seeing in the future, that by the time you will of seen this it will of been in the past thats still the future to me
Im hoping that you are loving living in space and still have hair
Or has Trump dicked up the world and its like the bad one from Red dwarf
DONT EAT THE STRAWBERRY!!"

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Today work confirmed what we have suspected for a while now that our team will merge with three others and there will be job losses.

I'll be applying for VS next week.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!