Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

Re: Today

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:07 am

Just been told by my advisor at the Jobcentre that I was TOO HONEST in a phone interview I had with a prospective employer. :shock:

Can't win sometimes...

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:21 am

I'm assuming if the police were involved, you checked the legal requirements with regards to cameras in the workplace? otherwise the evidence wouldn't be admitted, i don't think. stupidly. i'm no expert on it, I just looked into it a bit when we had them installed at work.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:22 am

silvergunner wrote:He's going to be in a high dependency ward for a few days and about a two weeks stay in total at the hospital. The next week is still critical though.
Fingers and everything crossed here for you man, i know what that's like! All the best.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm visiting him tonight and see how it's going. He is still on the the HD ward, not eating yet so is strapped up to drips etc... to give him fluids as he is finding it hard to drink.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 pm

silvergunner wrote:I'm visiting him tonight and see how it's going. He is still on the the HD ward, not eating yet so is strapped up to drips etc... to give him fluids as he is finding it hard to drink.
If there's one bit of advice I could give you, it's to make sure he is getting every bit of nourishment he needs at all stages, keep checking up on it, especially if he needs assistance. Sadly, the hospital my dad was in didn't do that, didn't help him at all, and he effectively died because he was malnourished, and not strong enough to fight off a virus, even in 2014. Good luck with it man.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:30 am

thingonaspring wrote:
silvergunner wrote:I'm visiting him tonight and see how it's going. He is still on the the HD ward, not eating yet so is strapped up to drips etc... to give him fluids as he is finding it hard to drink.
If there's one bit of advice I could give you, it's to make sure he is getting every bit of nourishment he needs at all stages, keep checking up on it, especially if he needs assistance. Sadly, the hospital my dad was in didn't do that, didn't help him at all, and he effectively died because he was malnourished, and not strong enough to fight off a virus, even in 2014. Good luck with it man.
Yeah he's in the best hospital in he area so there is no worries there. Plus my mum used to be a nurse, he was moved to a standard ward so things are going in the right direction at last.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 am

Today I returned back to this forum after a years absence!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 am

Today I went to that consicling place, didnt help much

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Good afternoon for after school catch-ups, why do they leave it so late every year!?!?!?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:57 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:Today I returned back to this forum after a years absence!
Not your first absence either. What have you been up to?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:

Prison :wink:
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 am

aztecca wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:

Prison :wink:

No Prison thank god. Just been busy with life and work really. Just got a new/better job, getting rid of crap a relationship, in a better one now! Still gaming, mostly on Saturn, Dreamcast & 360 Skyrim! Hope everyone is well here.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Today I start panicking that I'm not prepared for my interview. Ah crap.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:03 pm

thingonaspring wrote:I'm assuming if the police were involved, you checked the legal requirements with regards to cameras in the workplace? otherwise the evidence wouldn't be admitted, i don't think. stupidly. i'm no expert on it, I just looked into it a bit when we had them installed at work.
Yeah, the police were going to do the install initially but decided it would use up too much of their time watching/going through days of video. They wasted 3 months of my time whilst deciding this :roll:
The officer in charge of the case said we should install our own cameras and when we get the evidence, he would take on the case again and help us through it.

So, got all the evidence and emailed him - and yeah, he can't help due to other commitments! How surprised I was to hear that.

So called 101 and got an officer out to go through the evidence - very clear evidence :D He was impressed and said there was easily enough to get the person involved charged. So yesterday the staff member was arrested and interviewed at the police station. He didn't mention the cameras. The staff member denied everything...
In the mean time, I was in the next room waiting to be let in to inform the 'person' of the cameras, the great quality images and film of the theft!! Still denied doing it though... So has been street bailed pending a meeting in 2 weeks.

Stressful few days but wow, £50 ebay spy cameras are most excellent. I will have lots of extra shifts to cover though so although I will be on here every day at some point, it may be spread out a bit.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Today I had a fight with my cell phone company over cancelling my contract. My cancelation fee is set at $380, which is ridiculous but I'm in Canada, so it's to be expected.

My issue comes from a $200.00 deposit I placed on the account that my carrier insists they gave me back. I have no record or evidence of it happening and they refuse to give me a transaction history of my account.

Was thinking about skipping out without paying but it might potentially come back to bite me when I return in a few years. Time to go to a store and abuse a human being. That works so much better than telephone calls.