Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

combiseries

Post by combiseries » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Hiya, Im 31 years old. I`m welsh, have two daughters, 5 and 1. I live in Wales with my wife, we`re both Retro Gamers. We are both Christians, and errrm what else. Ah, I drive buses for a living, and I got a Mohawk hair cut the other day. I like cheeses, like Stilton and such like. Er,,

I got hundreds of thousands of retro games which I m unlikely to play all of them during my life time.

I play modern games as well as retro.
Im well into Lord of the Rings and anything Tolkien related.

I`ve been playing games since I was eight, it all started with adventure games. The Hobbit started me off with games and tolkien (free book).
Last edited by combiseries on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athlon X2 EE 3800+ 64 BIT 2Ghz
ECS AM2 MOBO
1 GIG KINGSTON DDR2 RAM
160 GIG WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HDD
GENERIC DVD ROM
LITEON CD-RW
CREATIVE SPEAKERS

Lysander

Post by Lysander » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:12 pm

hello everyone.

I'm alex from Ipswich, UK.

I was a lurker on the old forum but as I just turned 21 I'm feeling all grown up and ready to start posting.

I've been playing games for ages and like pretty much all genres although originality in games is really what I look for.

my favourite game ever is either Imogen on the electron, Chaos on the Speccy or Resident Evil 4 on the gamecube.

my ambitions in the world of retro gaming are to own a vectrex and a virtual boy and to give billy mitchell a high-five. I saw him at CGE05 but didnt' feel worthy to say howdy.

I'm really into the GP2X and will start developing for it as soon as i decide what I want to do.
Mr Lee, this tower's beginning to look like your...tombstone!

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:02 pm

Removing - super old!
Last edited by Sureshot on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

combiseries

Little bit more about me....

Post by combiseries » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:34 pm

This is what I listen to.

I like listening to Hawkwind, Ozric Tentacles, and some other psychadelic stuff.

I like a bit of everything, like Sugarbabes, All Saints to name a few but my top favorite bands are Hawkwind and Ozrics.

I play the Bass guitar, I used to be in a band a couple of years ago. Aint got time anymore, I got kids. Our band used to really rock, just look at the influences.

Oh yeah, I like Limp Bizkit too, and Evanescense. Green Day. Dare I say I got a soft spot for Iron Maiden and Queen. Blink 182 are alright as well.

Duran Duran are ok, ABBA are good as well.

Thats enough for now.
Athlon X2 EE 3800+ 64 BIT 2Ghz
ECS AM2 MOBO
1 GIG KINGSTON DDR2 RAM
160 GIG WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HDD
GENERIC DVD ROM
LITEON CD-RW
CREATIVE SPEAKERS

beesty

Re: Little bit more about me....

Post by beesty » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:41 pm

combiseries wrote:This is what I listen to.

I like listening to Hawkwind, Ozric Tentacles, and some other psychadelic stuff.

I like a bit of everything, like Sugarbabes, All Saints to name a few but my top favorite bands are Hawkwind and Ozrics.

I play the Bass guitar, I used to be in a band a couple of years ago. Aint got time anymore, I got kids. Our band used to really rock, just look at the influences.

Oh yeah, I like Limp Bizkit too, and Evanescense. Green Day. Dare I say I got a soft spot for Iron Maiden and Queen. Blink 182 are alright as well.

Duran Duran are ok, ABBA are good as well.

Thats enough for now.

Dont be afraid to tell us what you like,I like what you have posted there
the c64 was king,and the speccy,and the amiga,and,,,,,ooh u know the rest

punkpie

Post by punkpie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:20 pm

Hello there,
I'm Lee, 23, I'm from Durham but now live in Barnsley due to work. I'm a web and database developer for an Agency in Leeds.

I'm into Retro Gaming (obviously) but only have a few consoles. Due to space and cash mainly. I've got a Saturn, Dreamcast, Megadrive, Neo Geo Pocket Color, a Spectrum 48k, a Spectrum 128k+2, an Amstrad 464 (colour monitor), an Xbox, PS2, DS, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, SNES, Xbox 360 and my favourite, about 3 Amigas (500, 500+ and 1200). I've got quite a few games for them all too.

I've been into Emulation for a while, which is why it was a joy when Mags started covering what has become "retro" gaming.

I love Music. I have 2 electric guitars, 1 acoustic and 2 bass guitars. I try to play all 3 when I can. I use my Mac for recording every now and again. I like various types (mainly guitar based) and follow my local punk scene (pretty big in Leeds and Sheffield) but dont hold that against me.

Cheers all!

Lee

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:43 am

I'm Simon...

I believe Darran has been expecting me :)

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:45 am

Simon wrote:I'm Simon...

I believe Darran has been expecting me :)
I certainly have ;)

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:18 am

Simon Groom from Blue Peter ? :shock:

igbandy

Post by igbandy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:27 am

I`m Andy from Tamworth. I was a member at the old forum, and only found this forum when I found number 19 in whsmiths.

Im 36, and have been gaming since getting a binatone pong console :roll:

had loads of systems, and still own the following.

VIC-20
C-64 + evesham disc drive and several hundred floppies.
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200 +blizzard 68040 25mhz
CD32 + SX1 (was given to me when a shop closed)
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Gameboy original
Gameboy Advance
Playstation
Playstation 2

I was also an arcade player, and have finished a couble of cab`s, including Double Dragon, Shinobi, and the one I am very proud of is R-Type. Even managing to finish it without losing a life a couple of times. Allthough I must admit that now im not very good at it (must be old age) I still fire up R-types and have a game of it. The music still sends shivers thru me. One of the finest game compositions ever.

No childern, and my GF doesnt have any either.

I am also a huge fan of Depeche Mode, and I have a very extensive audio and video bootleg collection too. I also DJ at some DM parties.

Workwise I repair construction equipment.

and drive an oldish BMW 535, and have a couple of non running land rovers as well..

think that lot will do for the time being :shock:

Collieafc

Post by Collieafc » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:24 am

Im Craig Collie, 17 and live in Ellon, near Aberdeen.

My favourite games are Metal gear solid, Resident Evil 4, Doom 2 and Theatre Europe however I will play just about anything.

I am also an Aberdeen F.C supporter, and have several issues of Retro Games magazine, and also PC Action Emulate
ImageThe Dons-Come on you Reds!

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:04 am

I'm James. I'm 29 in a couple of weeks and I'm the minister of Haywards Heath Baptist Church.

I was on the old forum and loved the magazine since picking up a copy in Virgin in Brighton.

Started with a Vic-20, moved on to C64, Atari ST and Amiga and then a PlayStation. Loved every one of those machines.

Married with two children, and my wife can't understand why I like listening to downloaded remixes from http://remix.kwed.org/

funkym00se

Post by funkym00se » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:48 am

Its time to come from the depths and quit lurking.
I'm Marc, 33 and living in sheepsville Wales.

Started with a ZX81 in 1982 where i mastered basic (still trying my hand at machine code), moving through the speccy, atari 800xl, amstrad 464, amiga 500 and my current A1200T. Tried various console aswell, the NES, sega master system, SNES, jaguar, PS, N64, xbox and currently xbox 360.

There are some shockers in there i know but my big love is my souped up Amiga 1200. I still use it daily for mail and web browsing. Really has some great games and a hardcore fanbase. (they have to be!).

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Just a shout to Beasty. I think we met on the xbox 360 forum when i was asking about HDTV and the vga cables. We were gonna hook up for gaming but i have had trouble with my broadband supplier (fixed now, thanks pipex). Hope you didnt think i was ignorant not speaking to you. Lets get gaming now perhaps. I go under funkym00se if anyone fancies giving me a thrashing at anything.

Chou for now as they say in Llandow.

forestville

Post by forestville » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:40 pm

hi i am forestville

from tamworth

very into 8bit gaming

and the heavy metal scene

also like depeche mode (their new album "playing the angle" is their best work to date)

8) 8)
Press play on tape

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:44 pm

Yes - Depeche Mode's new album is bloody fantastic.

You like Tears for Fears? there latest one is bloody good too!

WELCOME!