Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
bigfreakypossum
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:07 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

Post by bigfreakypossum » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 am

I'm a big freaky possum that lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. You can just call be Big Freaky.

I'm a casual console hardware collector and a serious emulation enthusiast. Not only do I enjoy video games as entertainment, I also strongly believe in their artistic and cultural value.

I most enjoy console and arcade games from the 8- and 16-bit eras, and I am especially fond of beat'em'ups and scrolling shooters.

John Paulie
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm
Location: Brentwood, California, USA

Post by John Paulie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 pm

What's up retro gamers! Name's John. I'm 25 years of age and I stay out in California. I've only bought three Retro Gamer mag's in my life. Pathetic, huh?

I enjoy playing all types of games. My favorite genre is most definitely shmups (or shoot 'em ups), which I've been collecting for over 7 years now. I'm also a huge fan of the 2D fighting genre as well.

I joined this message board in the hopes of discussing my favorite classic games with other retro gamers, because there aren't too many in my area. :cry:

User avatar
RetroRik
Posts: 2712
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Corby, England, UK
Contact:

Post by RetroRik » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:44 am

Welcome John Paulie and bigfreakypossum..

Always nice to see fellow gamers from across the pond on the RG forums. :D

Regards

RIK
Image

John Paulie
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm
Location: Brentwood, California, USA

Post by John Paulie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome, RetroRik. :)

psj3809
Posts: 19047
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:49 am

John Paulie wrote:What's up retro gamers! Name's John. I'm 25 years of age and I stay out in California. I've only bought three Retro Gamer mag's in my life. Pathetic, huh?

I enjoy playing all types of games. My favorite genre is most definitely shmups (or shoot 'em ups), which I've been collecting for over 7 years now. I'm also a huge fan of the 2D fighting genre as well.

I joined this message board in the hopes of discussing my favorite classic games with other retro gamers, because there aren't too many in my area. :cry:
Welcome to the forum, you from Brentwood in the Bay Area or from LA ? Just asking as i've been to the bay area a few times (Raiders fan).

Enjoy the retro game talk !

John Paulie
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm
Location: Brentwood, California, USA

Post by John Paulie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:26 am

I live in the Bay Area Brentwood.

User avatar
playgeneration
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 am

Post by playgeneration » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi
just been introduced to the forum so I thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm mostly a Master System fan, but enjoy pretty much all the consoles (apart from the odd exception like game.com or gx4000 yuck!)

User avatar
MC1
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:04 am

Post by MC1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:48 pm

Hello mate,

welcome to the forum.
Image

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:26 pm

playgeneration wrote:Hi
just been introduced to the forum so I thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm mostly a Master System fan, but enjoy pretty much all the consoles (apart from the odd exception like game.com or gx4000 yuck!)
You'll fit in well round here ;)
Image

User avatar
jimbo_too
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:45 am

Post by jimbo_too » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:12 am

I've actually done this backwards, as I have already posted several times before realising how rude I have been.

So... Hello! :)

I'm a 24-year-old gamer and I started with a C64, which is where I got the gaming bug, before moving on to the Game Boy, SNES, PC, GBC, PS1, GBA, PS2 and the DS. I currently have a PSP (for retro compilations), and an Xbox 360 (for newer stuff).

I recently got hold of an Atari 2600 and a pile of games, so once I have coaxed it to work, I look forward to some retro good times.

Devteam_M
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Devteam_M » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:06 am

Hey I'm Marc, from the Netherlands, 22 years old. Unfortunately I don't own any consoles anymore. I've had an X-box for a month and didn't think it was all that great anyway. I'm actually more of an old SNES, NES guy, and PC games always interested me.

Later!

User avatar
Andromeda
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:04 am
Location: At my computer
Contact:

Post by Andromeda » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Hey, well I guess that I'm in the minority here, being a girlie gamer and all. My first computer was the Commodore vic 20, before that we had an Atari console - I got the highest score on Space Invaders with that. I Learnt how to write progams in basic, and I progressed to C++ but I'm crap at both. I had a few other 8-bit machines such as the Sinclair ZX81 and a ZX Spectrum as well as the lesser Commodore 64. I Had a few of the games consoles before getting a DX2-66 PC thingy. I loved DOS. It was good, like putty in my hands.

My myspace is www.myspace.com/awmagosh if anyone wants to add me. It would be nice. I am one of the senior moderators for a PC online game called WulFram II which you can find out about by visiting www.wulfram.com. Come and join the fun and the community. We're all nice there. The game is good too, although the graphics are out-dated. The team play element is superb though. Well, not much more to say that is relevant anyway.

Love

Andro x
Last edited by Andromeda on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Having an argument is like racing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded!

Image

User avatar
Muteki
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:25 am
Location: Bristol

Post by Muteki » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:18 am

Hello, I'm Dan, I'd like to meet someone open-minded with a GSOH, impaired vision recommended but not essential... whoops, wrong forum.

Erm, yes. I've only recently started playing games again after falling out of it for about six or seven years. I've skimmed the occasional copy of my mate's Retro Gamer in the past, but only just started buying it myself (from the Speedball 2 issue), and very enjoyable it is too.

Machine-wise, well, my family was quite poor so my first machine (not counting a Binatone plug-into-the-telly-and-play-Pong thing, £2 from a boot sale) was an Atari XE when I was ten. I'd actually asked for a 2600 (didn't want to aim too high), so was pleasantly surprised with the 8-bit beast.

Following that, playing Sonic The Hedgehog on the Megadrive round my mate's was enough to convince me I wanted one, so saved up my birthday/pocket money to eventually get one (along with Desert Strike, superb game).

The Mega-CD beckoned (again, first experienced round my mate's house), and again I saved up and got the Mega-CD 2 (because they'd stopped making the first one by the time I'd saved up). Despite all the 'commercial failure' gubbins, I'd like to think I've built up quite a robust little collection of most of the grooviest games available for it.

I didn't buy another console until 2000 with the Dreamcast, which is what has recently rekindled my enjoyment of gaming, when (like with the Mega-CD) I decided to try and build up a good library of all of the most sterling titles for it before they disappear off the face of the planet. Well, Gamestation and charity shops really (I tend not to use eBay).

Also, for my recent birthday, my girlfriend bought me a Gamecube (primarily because she'd heard me gassing on about how great F-Zero AX was), so I look forward to getting some more games for that.

Apart from that, the only other machines I own are two Atari STs, which I bought in the mid-90s to do music on (and subsequently ended up playing Lemmings on while I was unemployed).

So, hello.

User avatar
Shaun.Bebbington
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:28 am
Location: Inbetween houses right now.
Contact:

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:34 am

Andromeda wrote:Hey, well I guess that I'm in the minority here, being a girlie gamer and all. My first computer was the Commodore vic 20, before that we had an Atari console - I got the highest score on Space Invaders with that. I Learnt how to write progams in basic, and I progressed to C++ but I'm crap at both. I had a few other 8-bit machines such as the Sinclair ZX81 and a ZX Spectrum as well as the lesser Commodore 64. I Had a few of the games consoles before getting a DX2-66 PC thingy. I loved DOS. It was good, like putty in my hands.

My myspace is www.myspace.com/awmagosh if anyone wants to add me. It would be nice. I am one of the senior moderators for a PC online game called WulFram II which you can find out about by visiting www.wulfram.com. Come and join the fun and the community. We're all nice there. The game is good too, although the graphics are out-dated. The team play element is superb though. Well, not much more to say that is relevant anyway.

Love

Andro x
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRO XXX
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis

User avatar
The Master
Posts: 7252
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:01 pm
Location: the isle of everywhere

Post by The Master » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:50 am

Shaun.Bebbington wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRO XXX
Are you two like, actually shagging?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests