When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:11 am

Mornin'

mrCustard

Post by mrCustard » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi peeps!

I'm a 37y old software engineer from the Netherlands working for a UK owned company, and I have been gaming in one way or another for at least 28 of those years. I got to this site after reading about it in an issue of Retrogamer that rather unexcpectedly turned up in a local bookstore. I got a subscription almost right away.

My first game was an Audio Sonic Pong clone, my last (at the time of writing) is Colin mcRae's DiRT. I owned a Spectrum, Atari ST, Atari Lynx, a Game Boy, a plethora :lol: of PCs. After playing mostly computer games, in the late 90s i began to drift towards the consoles. Unfortunately I had to sell my original Spectrum, ST and Game Boy to pay for the PC that I needed for my study. I still miss them.

My current collection of functioning systems:
Atari 2600, Interton VC 4000, ZX 81, ZX Spectrum, C64, Vectrex, Atari Lynx, GBA, GBA SP , DS, DS Lite, PS1, PS2,PS3, NGC, Wii, XBox, XBox 360, PC

Oh, and I love light gun games.
Last edited by mrCustard on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:04 pm

Hello mate.

xandmatt

Post by xandmatt » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am

Hello there, my name's Matthew and I'm from Walsall in the West Midlands. I'm 21 years old and when I was four the C64 I had for Christmas that year dragged me into gaming. I then had an Amiga 1200, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, Game Boy Color, Nintendo DS and an XBox 360. Not much, but I think I wasted many days and days on the C64 and the Amiga.

I love Point'n'Click games, with Monkey Island being some of my favourite games - but my retro gaming highlight of my youth was always Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga (I'm awaiting it's X360 Live release any year now). In fact the Amiga was probably the best thing I ever had since the amount of classic games on there was too much to count.

I used to study Computer Science (Games Development) but I then quickly discovered that my programming skills were...non existent and that I was better off playing games instead of attempting to make them. I like to write and make lovely graphics and showcase them on my (not an ego trip of a) web-site.

Oh, and modern-game wise I'm in love with Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion.

And I've only bought two issues of Retro Gamer. But I will be buying more.

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:25 am

Hi xandmatt..

Welcome to the world of Retro Gamer and the forum. :D

You've had a few old machines for one so young...The force is strong in this one.... :wink:

Get yourself along to one of the upcoming Retro events in 2008...

Regards

RIK

supermario

Post by supermario » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Hey there

I'm Mike from Scotland. Computer consultant, Project Leader and other things.

Had a ZX80, 81, Speccy, C64, Amiga, N64, PS2 and PC. Also played games on Tandy TRS80, BBC, Memotech (anyone ever had one of them?), Amstrad, Atari ST, Odessy and a few others.

Fave game - Gauntlet - arcade 4 players.
Fave platforms Mame, Amiga, Spec, C64.

My computer claim to fame is that our family were friends with the Spectrum programmer Roger Dymond and took him to the computer exhibition where he got his ZX Spectrum when it was launched (well 8 - 10 weeks later :lol: )

Had a blast at Retro North also where I watched RetroRik being thumped by my mate at Hypersports (although he did stuff him at Track and Field first) :D

MC1

Post by MC1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Howdo mate,

welcome to the forum.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:10 pm

Hello Mr Mario :D

I need to log into my 360 and see if that mate of yours has sent a friend request. I think I am gonna need some help on Gears!!!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:15 pm

Ahh! Supermario - must get together on Albatross again! Not got to play for since retro north :( Good to see you on the RG forum mate :D

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:56 am

supermario wrote: Had a blast at Retro North also where I watched RetroRik being thumped by my mate at Hypersports (although he did stuff him at Track and Field first) :D
Hi supermario..

Yeh i have never really played Hypersports but i though i did ok for a beginner.. Blew your mate away on the first speed event...The swimming... :lol:

I need to get some practice in ...

Was nice to meet you all at RN...

Regards

RIK

supermario

Post by supermario » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:51 pm

MPM wrote
Ahh! Supermario - must get together on Albatross again! Not got to play for since retro north
Yeah I've been off a few days this week as well and been up late. Thought I might have seen you on :D

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:54 pm

Just about to load it up - just a few more forums to shift through :?

moshboy

Post by moshboy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:33 am

Hi,

I'm Steve (30 yrs old) from Melbourne, Australia. I'm a fan of all kinda of retro gaming stuff. Owned an Amiga 500 (hence many of my favourite games belong to this machine, including Turrican and Rick Dangerous among many others) followed by a 486 DX 33mhz which was top of the range at the time.

My parents never let me own anything else before these, even though I desperately wanted to own machines such as a C64 and consoles such as the SNES. Fortunately many of my friends from school owned these so I had a decent exposure to them.

Took a break from gaming for a good while, since I couldn't afford to upgrade my PC and then finally managed to obtain a pretty crappy one, after which I became involved in the abandonware / emulation scene and re-discovered many games that I used to play and love (and others that I'd missed out on).

These days I don't play too many commercial games but I get a lot of joy from the indie gaming scene.

I write for Indygamer (brilliant blog if anyone cares to read it) when I get the chance, inbetween running my own website (which can be noted from my signature) and playing lots of free indie games - the retro styled ones are usually the best.

And that's about it.

cornishgravy

Post by cornishgravy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:22 am

im cornishgravy, i'm more intelligent than you.

i am in my 30's and have many female lovers.

i enjoy many retro things, inc, the snes, the spectrum, the amiga 500.

if you'd like to know more send a sae to the usual adress.
hut

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi, I'm Ian (23 Yr Old from High Wycombe) and I have been into games as far back as I can remember.

I started off with an old SPectrum and then moved onto my Amiga 500 (Which I still have with me now and works perfectly!).
Since then I have gone onto picking up a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboys, NDS, SMS, Megadrive, Nomad, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamegear, Neogeo, Neogeo Pocket, PC Engine Duo, Atari 7800, Sony PSP, PSone, PS2, PS3, Xbox, X360 and my favourite piece of harware which is my custom supergun to play many of my favourite arcade PCB's

As you can probably see I am mad about gaming past and present and have my room filled with hundreds of games (had to put a new shelf put up last week!), I have been reading retrogamer ever since it relaunched without the coverdisc and have enjoyed every issue as it highlights many of my old favourite games such as turrican and street fighter and has also introduced me to many games I had no idea existed!