Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Welcome to the best retro gaming forum !!!

fastrez

Post by fastrez » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:11 pm

woody.cool wrote:Welcome to the best retro gaming forum !!!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:48 pm

Hello all, just joined from down here in New Zealand, spotted a mag (The Xevious Cover!), enjoyed it and popped on here. Will be slowly looking for back issues, but postage being a killer will be doing it VERY slowly!

Don't collect Retro systems etc, just have a passion for games old and new, and love gaming history and so on. And Rugby League. Go the Warriors!!!!!!

39, Married, and haven't moved on from the PS2, Cube, PC MAME games and plug 'n play retros yet- About to move on to the next gen, when I can convince the wife it is way more important than a new bed
...Or at least going to a bed shop that has a free 360 with the package :lol:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:54 am

Welcome mike. You might be better getting the dvd version of the first 30 issues (from the imagine online shop) as like you say postage to NZ would be a nightmare.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks Clive, will defo look into that :)

R Type blood donor

Post by R Type blood donor » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi Everybody,

My name is Chris, I live in the North East, I been playing games since the Master System/Nes era (I'm definately more of a console person than a computer person)

My love for games really took off after buying a Playstation and then later a Saturn

I've only just started getting into online play on xbox1, didn't know what to expect. Apart from playing against the odd neanderthal on Halo 2, I'm really enjoying the online side of things, especially a good race on PGR 2 and Outrun 2006!
It's a me...Mario!

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:40 am

Hi to all you retro fans out there.

Ive been lurking here for a while and thought It was high time i joined.

Im 32 years old and live in the south east of England and have been under the spell of videogames since playing a Mr Do coin-op on holiday back in 1984.

As well as a love of 80s coin-ops, I spent far too much of my childhood grafted to my Spectrum 128k and have owned, played and loved most formats since, particularly the Amiga and Dreamcast.

Currently pathetically fixated on my PC Engine Duo-R, with my Wii and DS in support roles.

Im an artist/musician of sorts and as of september will be a mature student studying illustration.

Im also lucky enough to have a lovely girlfriend who is quite a hardened gamer herself- its the way forward my friends!

Seeya on the other side....
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

chewy

Post by chewy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:31 am

Im Stuart, 24, from Aylesbury in Bucks. Love the mag, been with it since issue 1. It's great to find out you're not the only person playing dusty ol' Master System carts! :wink:

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:00 am

Hello everyone! My wife bought me a subscription to the magazine and it's the only magazine I have read from cover to cover since ST Format and Zero. I love all things Atari ST and get quite giddy with excitement at the thought of emulation on multiple platforms (gotta love those save-states!)

I echo the sentiments of multiple posters, it really is nice to know that I'm not alone in the world of dusty joysticks, chip-music and colours you can count on your fingers and toes.

My gaming canon: Acorn Electron, Amstrad CPC 464, Atari ST, SNES, Dreamcast, XBOX, Wii.

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:53 pm

Hi there, my name is James and I'm a self-confessed retro-gaming geek with a love of records, 5 1/4" discs, 8-Bit technology and cats...

As well as being a full-time dad, part-time funk'n'soul'n'hiphop'n'roots'n'breaks DJ and railway employee (yawn), I also herd cats for a living. Well, actually by that I mean that I 'manage' the other writers and act as editor of the ever-so-quirky RGCD discmag, a CD-Rom based mag dedicated to reviewing new games for old machines and modern remakes / retro-style indie games. Check it out - it's free and all that: http://www.rgcd.co.uk

I run the RGCD enterprise (and create funk-hop beats) from within a cupboard in my little house. Behold the treasures within!

My cat is called Miffie, and she is always treated as royalty - hence her silk chair. My daughter Millie is 3 weeks old today (she's the one on the left), and I intend to train her diligently in the ways of crap-toy-collecting and old-school-gaming.

There are no photo's of my wife because she likes to keep her identity a secret, being famous and all that :S

Anyway, be sure to download a copy of RGCD and buy some homebrew GBA carts whilst you are at it. If any game developers out there want their work in the mag drop me a line!

Oh and my rarely updated myspace page is at: http://www.myspace.com/heavystylus
http://www.rgcd.co.uk
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

mamemeuster

Post by mamemeuster » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:49 pm

I've been around video games since its inception, writer on Way of the Rodent and regular poster there and in Yakyak forums.

Oh and I'm mates with a bloke who was in The Rev's year at High School.

:)

Rosetinted Gamer

Post by Rosetinted Gamer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Hello all. Been gaming for about 25 years, my first games machine being a Commodore +4 my last an Xbox360 which, after a year, I sold as there's only so many driving and shooting games I can play; I like a little more diversity when it comes to my gaming and in my humble opinion retro gaming is where its at-not the next gen.

Look forward to some good old banter on the forums.

Laters.

RTG.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:34 pm

Rosetinted Gamer wrote:Hello all. Been gaming for about 25 years, my first games machine being a Commodore +4 my last an Xbox360 which, after a year, I sold as there's only so many driving and shooting games I can play; I like a little more diversity when it comes to my gaming and in my humble opinion retro gaming is where its at-not the next gen.

Laters.

RTG.
Welcome Rosetinted Gamer! Glad to see someone else who started out gaming on a C16/+4 - my first computer was a C16 - I think the C16/+4 series is seriously underrated.

I totally agree with you - retro gaming is where it's at and it always has been. As for the next-gen stuff, it just don't 'float my boat' if ya know what I mean!

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Rosetinted Gamer wrote:Hello all. Been gaming for about 25 years, my first games machine being a Commodore +4 my last an Xbox360 which, after a year, I sold as there's only so many driving and shooting games I can play; I like a little more diversity when it comes to my gaming and in my humble opinion retro gaming is where its at-not the next gen.

Laters.

RTG.
Evenin' matey glad to have you on board!

TheStitch

Post by TheStitch » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:37 am

Hey there people! My name is Dimitris, people call me Stitch, im 17 years old, a student and i live in Greece. Im half scottish-half greek. I love music, comic books, Vespa scooters and retro gaming. In weekends, im a DJ at goth parties. If my knowledge on english language is kinda crappy, please forgive me, being Greek and all... (Also the Scottish blood in me, taken from my mother, doesnt help one bit...:P)
Retro Cigarette Smoker