Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Moon Jump

Post by Moon Jump » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:55 am

Umm..Well for some reason my name and all my posts were gone, so let me do this yet again.

Hey folks! This is Nick here from Long Island New York! I've been a gamer since my brother taught me how to play the Atari 2600. I'm into classics as well as newer school games.

My friends and I run a small webcomic called \"Press Start\". We try to cover more classic games and we do a few new comics here and there. We also have opinions, game reviews and new to the site Arcade Reviews.

(Hope this doesn't happen again with the names!)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:59 am

And let me say again that your comic is great and would make a good serial in the magazine if it could be worked out with the imagine guys.

Kon-Tiki

Post by Kon-Tiki » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:33 am

I suppose I'll have to introduce myself here too.

I'm Kon-Tiki, am 22 (apparently) years old and smell funny. I got here via the YakYak forums, and'm the owner of The Freehare. Got questions? Ask away.

Moon Jump

Re:

Post by Moon Jump » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:54 pm

SirClive wrote:And let me say again that your comic is great and would make a good serial in the magazine if it could be worked out with the imagine guys.
I'm just glad to find more people that enjoy the comic.

If you check out the 100th comic we put up, the quotes were true. First time I was trying to show people the comic they said, "You should be more like Penny-Arcade" and another guy called the art style "too western". If we wanted to be more like P-A and VGCats, I'd just make a website linking to those two comics instead of trying to do something new!

Any idea who I should contact at the magazine about having them check out the comic? If you guys on the board like the comic I bet the rest of the folks who read the magazine might like it too. If there's anybody who I should contact, please let me know!

Thanks!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:08 pm

If you post somethiung about it in the feedback section. Or post one of the admins they all work for the mag.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:26 am

Go to the memberlist and PM Darran (member 2), he's the editor.

majik989s

Post by majik989s » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:11 am

I'm Chris Komisarz

Reside in the so-called south of the US... I call it satans armpit, virginia. I am a paramedic by trade. My expertise is portable games. I have been playing game boy for longer than I can remember and have more games than I care to admit. I am also a homebrew game nut. And I am tired, very tired most days.
\"never knows best\"

phantasy.star.ii

Post by phantasy.star.ii » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:17 am

My name is Jeremy Light. I've been married for 2.5 years and have two cats: one Siamese and one Burmese. We live in the Loring Park area of downtown Minneapolis, MN, USA. The most high powered console I have enjoyed playing in the past fourteen years (of pretty dedicated retro gaming) would have to be 16-bit. Sega Genesis is my favorite console and the Phantasy Star Series games are my favorite (with Shining Force series being a close second). I am just restarting my gaming library, so I don't have much. I have been collecting complete vintage games lately (with original box and instructions) which is pricey but fun. I recently tracked down a mint condition like-new SNES so I'll be picking that up sometime this week and getting down with some Final Fantasy. I will also be adding a Sega Game Gear in the near future. Excited to be a part of the Retro Gamer forums and to get to know some other core heads.

hey_jonny_park

Post by hey_jonny_park » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:06 am

Hey ho all, my names Jon, and I'm new to this forum, huge fan of the magazine (just got my subscription going), and the forum looks decent too, be posting soon.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi Majik, phantasy and jonny!

Welcome to the RG forums :D :D

Nice to have more peeps on board :wink:

hey_jonny_park

Post by hey_jonny_park » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks, it's good to be here

chaos51

Post by chaos51 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:03 am

Hey, my name Dusty Murray

I am a retro game enthousiast, and a (proud) wanna-be retro game programmer. Also I like to work with my (attempt at an) arcade game cabinet. I am new to this forum as well. Hmmm, what more... ah yeah, i'm living in Sweden.

A webpage I own, and fill with (meaningless) words, and dedicate to retro games is: http://www.lodgia.com

My most proudest moment in retro-gaming is (ho hem, not joking), http://www.lodgia.com/morespaceinvaders

If you want to have a look at my arcade cabinet, you can leave a comment, to support my crusade, to convince my girlfirend it's an asset, and not something to put by the trash ;)
The link is here http://www.lodgia.com/pacarcade/index.php
CHAOS51 - WWW.LODGIA.COM

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Welcome to all he new-comers. Sorry I ain't been around to welcome you earlier, I've been away on business :)

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi,

came here due to being mentioned in Retro Gamer in a tiny article which was cool. Am 27, currently residing in Cambridge, England. I enjoy playing games on PS2, CPC and various emulators on the PC (am not a PC gamer cept for emulation and indie games). I also enjoy doing pixel sprites and tiles and animations, some of which I use in lil game projects I make with friends. Ain't much else I feel like saying bout my self right now.

This place seems decent.
Fave machines - CPC, NES, Amiga, PS1&2

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:36 am

Welcome 8)