Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Smurph

Re:

Post by Smurph » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:30 am

Opa-Opa wrote:Hello Mr Bond...
Do you expect him to talk?
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:07 pm

An overweight barrel of donkey plop who has an un-natural liking for Antics on the speccy..

Thats me just celebrated my 37th birthday and i am currently playing HL2 on PC, Lunarball on my SP and Battlefield 2 on the big black brick xbox.....

I have quite a few consoles and handhelds and love plug in to your telly joypads with a billion nes games on....

I hate ebay with a passion and love finding bargains at the local tat market.....i have some opinions which annoy some people but hey waddyagonnadoaboutit..

Hello and I look forward to expressing my shoite opinions.....

felgekarp

Re:

Post by felgekarp » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:31 pm

BennyTheGreek wrote: Hello and I look forward to expressing my shoite opinions.....
And we look forward to hearing them. :D
Splink!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:17 pm

Right this one is a bit late, as Ive been here for months,

Fav mood: Not caring
Fav game: To fricking many to say
Fav food: Chienese or the hottest curry I can get my mits on
Fav Music: Its a bit of a fight between Alkaline trio and Iron Maiden
Fav Films: The Lost Boys, Christine, F'n'F seris, Alien seris and a few others
Dislikes: Sony, Chavs, Vauxhall corsa and Nova, Amstrad CPC, Dudley, Police and whiney old people that stink of wee
Watching you sleep since 1990

markopoloman

Re:

Post by markopoloman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:46 pm

BennyTheGreek wrote:An overweight barrel of donkey plop who has an un-natural liking for Antics on the speccy..

Thats me just celebrated my 37th birthday and i am currently playing HL2 on PC, Lunarball on my SP and Battlefield 2 on the big black brick xbox.....

I have quite a few consoles and handhelds and love plug in to your telly joypads with a billion nes games on....

I hate ebay with a passion and love finding bargains at the local tat market.....i have some opinions which annoy some people but hey waddyagonnadoaboutit..

Hello and I look forward to expressing my shoite opinions.....
Hello you overweight barrel of donkey plop - and welcome to the RG forums!

:roll:

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:57 am

Hey, thought I should introduce myself too.

Name: James Monkman
DOB: 17/11/1978

Retro gaming history:

First computer was a BBC, then got a Spectrum 128 +2 about three years later. Was given an Atari STFM in the late 80's, then when Atari went tits-up I bought an Amiga 1200 (and later won a CD32 in a magazine compo). Finally, when Commodore was bought out I decided that I'd had enough of buying computers only for the supporting companies to go bust a year or so later, so I flogged the whole lot at a boot sale and 'upgraded' to a PC in 1998.

Started using emulation as soon as the first stable versions of MAME and PacifiST came out (remember the days when MAME could only emulate really basic coin-ups?), and now I have a custom built Shuttle PC that plugs into my widescreen telly just for playing sega/snes/mame roms. I also use it to emulate an STE (because it looks so much nicer on a TV than on a monitor).

I also have a (faulty) snes that I found in a skip. The scart output doesn't work (fades to black within a few seconds of plugging in), so I tend to just stick to using my Shuttle now. And also a GBA with flashcart for playing homebrew stuff on the go.

All-Time Favourite Games:

Uridium 2 (A1200), Chaos Engine (CD32 - the definitive version!), The Metal Slug series (MAME), Alien Breed SE & 2 (A1200), Flashback (A1200), Oids (Atari STE), Chu Chu Rocket (Atari STE), Pooz (Atari STE) and many more...

Interests:

Aside from playing old 16-bit games, I'm also a little-known funk/soul/hip hop/beats DJ based in Exeter (that's where the name Heavy Stylus comes from, BTW). If that's your bag you can download one of my mixes from www.therootdown.co.uk/media/. I've got a out of date blog on www.myspace.com/heavystylus and I've just registered a new site - www.rgcd.co.uk (but there's nothing there yet).

[Plug] RGCD is a new retro gaming CD-R based discmag project that I've just started working on. More news will be posted on it here soon. [/Plug]

Aside from that, I'm also into old sci-fi movies, blaxploitation films and kitsch/retro art, toy robots and Red Stripe.

Nice to meet you all!

James/Stylus
http://www.rgcd.co.uk
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

Nimrodil

Post by Nimrodil » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:42 am

Hi

Stefan, living in Sweden. 35 years old, have played video games since the early 80:ies. Then mainly arcade, Atari 2600, Colecovision and Game & Watch (little later Spectrum/C-64), now all kind of stuff. But I prefer Sega (Saturn is the greatest game system ever), but for the moment I also highly enjoy "news" as Xbox 360:s live arcade selection and I think PSP is a great (not least as a retro console). Love shooters and music/rythm games (so besides Saturn, and Dreamcast in periods, i most often play PS2). Have also bought a nice little (well...) PCE GT last month so I hope to have time and money to explore the hu card-world of PCE next year.

Think I am more of a retro gamer than a "collector" (always have to sell stuff to get money for new games), but I love to find nice games and other stuff from/related to Treasure. So if you have nice Treasure stuff for sale you know where to fint me :wink:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi Nimrodil

Welcome to the forums :D

Nimrodil

Post by Nimrodil » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:15 am

Thanks "Marko", always a god sign to be welcomed :wink:

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:10 am

Well, you're welcome!

So, what side of the 8 bit fence are you on???

to the right we have the C64
to the left we have the speccy
and down the road, under the manhole cover and deep in the sewer we have the Amsterd :lol:

Nimrodil

Post by Nimrodil » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:36 am

I think I am a middle man (=coward) :wink: i first had a Spectrum (and remember how expencive it was to upgrade it from 16 to 48 K) so I will never forget Knight Lore, Underwurld etc. But there was a reason I sold it and buy a C-64; a lot of great games there. Maybe I like the Speccy better as a consol, but the C-64 games more (what kind of answer was that... :oops: ).

Have still not play Amstrad. But maybe I would check it up!

mendez

Post by mendez » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:05 am

Hey people, I know I joined a while ago but I never got round to posting! So here I am now, I was just clearing out my emails and found the activation email for this so...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:10 am

WELCOME MR LURKER :wink:

So - the qusetion that needs an answer Mr Mendez...........................

C64

Spectrum

or

Amstrad

???

Your future depends on giving the correct answer :lol:

(Oh! Welcome to the forum) :D

Wildnites

Re:

Post by Wildnites » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:53 am

markopoloman wrote:WELCOME MR LURKER :wink:

So - the qusetion that needs an answer Mr Mendez...........................

C64

Spectrum

or

Amstrad

???

Your future depends on giving the correct answer :lol:

(Oh! Welcome to the forum) :D

Free advise choose only between Speccy or C64 :D

Otherwise you might get a beatings :twisted:
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:07 pm