Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by MattySlug » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:30 am

G'day skylas!!!

skylas
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 7:17 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by skylas » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:40 am

thank you!

User avatar
francisbaud
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by francisbaud » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi I'm Francis from Canada, and I'm 31 years old.

Unfortunately I do not own any retro gaming consoles!

That's it for now ^_^

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by MattySlug » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 am

Hey Francis!

User avatar
LuMan
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:59 am

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by LuMan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 am

I'm not new, but I've not even lurked since 2016. So, I'd just like to say "hello, it's nice to be back!" :)
If you take a byte out of an 8-bit world, there's nothing left to nibble on - William Shakespeare

User avatar
MattySlug
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by MattySlug » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:00 am

Hello LuMan...Impressive Join Date!!! 8)

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26998
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:19 am

Less impressive participation in that time though.

It's about a year after the mag relaunched isn't it? Pretty sure I joined around the time the mag came back, after being on Retro Revival to find out what was happening with the mag when they went bust.I don't think the RG forum continued unabridged from the original mag to the new one when it was picked up again.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

BrownyGeorge
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 am

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by BrownyGeorge » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:42 am

Hello!

My name is George. I am 25 years old and I currently live in U.K. Hope we gonna have a good time!
Gotta catch'em all Pokemon Nanoblock!

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3304
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by RetroBob » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 am

Welcome George!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

JustintheRetroLover
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:44 am
Location: England

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by JustintheRetroLover » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 am

Hi guys. Justin from the UK. Love retro games very much. Love everything from Star Wars to Sport. Hope to have a great time on here! Regards Justin. :D .
"It is not what we do, but it is the love that we put into what we do". Mother Theresa of Kolkata. 8) .

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Crusty Starfish » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:53 pm

I read your name as Just in the Retro Lover!

Welcome! :)

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Crusty Starfish » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm

RetroGamer92 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm
hi i am RetroGamer
from tamworth
very into 8bit gaming
and the heavy metal scene
also like depeche mode (their new album "playing the angle" is their best work to date)
My favourite group is Depeche Mode. If you are listening to 'Playing the Angel' as their latests album, you need to get your search engine heated up and ready to jump forward a few years!!!

Playing the Angel 2005
Sounds Of The Universe 2009
Delta Machine 2013
Spirit 2017

All fantastic albums (although Spirit has taken me a few listens to get into it - love it now!)

User avatar
TheAlex
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by TheAlex » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:11 pm

RetroGamer92 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm
hi i am RetroGamer
from tamworth
very into 8bit gaming
and the heavy metal scene
also like depeche mode (their new album "playing the angle" is their best work to date)
A lot of my favourite cover songs are of Depeche Mode songs - they seem an inspirational band to cover. I also like a lot of their late 80s material. I'll check out Playing the Angel.

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:37 pm

TheAlex wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:11 pm
RetroGamer92 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm
hi i am RetroGamer
from tamworth
very into 8bit gaming
and the heavy metal scene
also like depeche mode (their new album "playing the angle" is their best work to date)
A lot of my favourite cover songs are of Depeche Mode songs - they seem an inspirational band to cover. I also like a lot of their late 80s material. I'll check out Playing the Angel.
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I despise cover versions of good songs! Hate it when a Depeche Mode song is destroyed by another band or solo idiot that can't produce their own songs (or sing)!

User avatar
TheAlex
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by TheAlex » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:17 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:37 pm
TheAlex wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:11 pm
RetroGamer92 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm
hi i am RetroGamer
from tamworth
very into 8bit gaming
and the heavy metal scene
also like depeche mode (their new album "playing the angle" is their best work to date)
A lot of my favourite cover songs are of Depeche Mode songs - they seem an inspirational band to cover. I also like a lot of their late 80s material. I'll check out Playing the Angel.
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I despise cover versions of good songs! Hate it when a Depeche Mode song is destroyed by another band or solo idiot that can't produce their own songs (or sing)!
Ha - fair enough, though many of these covers are from bands I liked first for their own material. I love a good cover, especially if it's of a band/song I like already and the cover put its own spin on the original. There will always be poor covers of course (and it can be very subjective), but I think the number of great covers is a testament to what a great band Depeche Mode are. Hearing so many good covers actually led me back to listening to Depeche Mode and liking them more than ever.

And as this is a retro gaming forum, Rock n Roll Racing was a great example of covers actually getting me into certain music.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests