Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

vice350z

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by vice350z » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:42 am

Oh herro...vice350z here. 43 year old who's still into playing video games. Live in Northeast Pennsylvania. Retro games will always have a place in my heart for the memories of the mid/late 80's and 90's. Just a casual gamer. I'm usually the suckiest on the team when it comes to FPS games but I don't care. It's just fun to shoot the crap with my buds and have fun.

Was always a Team Sega kid and had huge wars over who's version of certain games like Double Dragon was better..NES or SMS. Always loved the SNES but never bought one and could never let my Team Nintendo friend have the satisfaction of knowing that I thought the SNES was better than Genesis.

Every so often I break out the emulation or old 90's consoles like the Saturn, DC or xbox. Wasn't till about a few months ago that I just got around to upgrading the HDD on my old Xbox to a 500GB drive.

Other than that, hello.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Welcome to the forum STeaM & Vice350z :D

STeaM - Nice list of computers... but did you go from owning Spectrums to a Commodore +4??

Vice350z - can I assume you have a 350z? Love those cars! My Nissan People carrier has a 350z engine tucked away under the bonnet (err or should that be under the hood)... :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

STeaM

Post by STeaM » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:02 pm

markopoloman wrote:STeaM - Nice list of computers... but did you go from owning Spectrums to a Commodore +4??
Negative. The Commy +4 was my sisters...I sort of, errrrr, appropriated it.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:53 am

Hi Retrogamer and members,

Only just noticed this section after talking about games from the past.

I am obviously Mortis. I own around 1000 games and come from the South of the UK.

I own a Spectrum ZX, Master System, Mega Drive, NES, SNES, Pocket Gameboy, Dreamcast, PC, DS Lite, X Box Original and a PS1, 2 and 3.

Looking for honest contacts and have plenty to trade and possibly sell although being a collector more looking for trade especially Super Nintendo items.

Love the old school stuff and looking for a nice cheap reliable Commodore 64 at present to go with some of my other rarities in my collection.

Happy to be part of the site.

Kind regards

Mortis

vice350z

Post by vice350z » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:23 am

markopoloman wrote:Welcome to the forum STeaM & Vice350z :D

Vice350z - can I assume you have a 350z? Love those cars! My Nissan People carrier has a 350z engine tucked away under the bonnet (err or should that be under the hood)... :D
Used to have one in 2003-2005 then traded for a new GTO. The Z was a fun car and i do miss it. Painted the door handles black, threw a body kit on it and had the wheels powdercoated

retrolass

Post by retrolass » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:04 am

Hi all!

I'm Sarah, 35, and I've been playing video games for most of my life.

First gaming memory is of playing Gods on the Amiga. :')

I love the Sonic - Mario rivalry of the 80s-90s, and all things retro gaming, but I'm particularly fascinated by emulation.

I look forward to talking retro gaming with you all!

S :)

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:56 pm

retrolass wrote:Hi all!

I'm Sarah, 35, and I've been playing video games for most of my life.

First gaming memory is of playing Gods on the Amiga. :')

I love the Sonic - Mario rivalry of the 80s-90s, and all things retro gaming, but I'm particularly fascinated by emulation.

I look forward to talking retro gaming with you all!

S :)
Welcome Sarah :)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

mummyjem12

Re: Introduce yourself looking for help

Post by mummyjem12 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:37 pm

hi im new to these kinds of sites but this is probley a long shot but im looking for some help in finding something for my partner was wondering if any one can help me, im looking for a N.E.S original rob the robot ive looked on ebay and can only find one from america does anyone no where else i can look for one need to find one by christmas lol please hep me if u can :cry: :D

OcarinaOfTam

Post by OcarinaOfTam » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Hey Everyone :)

I'm Tamara, I'm 26 and have been a fan of video games ever since I can remember. I've always had a love for retro games, and as you may have guessed from my username, I absolutely love the Zelda games. I like pretty much all genres of games and I am yet to find a console I don't love (I even love the Sega 32X and Atari Jaguar) I've only really been seriously collecting games for about a year now and my collection is growing quite well. Some of the highlights of my collection include a boxed Fairchild Channel F (UK Adman Grandstand Version), a boxed European TurboGrafx, and boxed complete versions of Metal Gear and Castlevania on the NES.

I hope to have some awesome discussions with you all about the enthralling universe of retro gaming!

Gilblordotjars

Post by Gilblordotjars » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 am

Hello Everyone,
My Name is James I'm 25 from Manchester, UK.

I've always loved mostly Nintendo games, The Legend of Zelda Franchise being my favourite,
Also loved playing the Super Smash Bros games and Mario Kart, (Despite it being infuriating)
I'd say adventure game would be my favourite genre, but I do look into most genre's for anything fun =]

Still have my N64 and it Works! Love checking out lots of retro games and trying out old consoles.

I also remember playing Sonic on the Sega megadrive growing up, still think these games stand the test of time.

Also note, I'm pretty terrible at FPS

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Welcome to all you new people. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

fry8

Post by fry8 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 am

I'm Matt

A former SEGA employee, journalist and racing driver. I'm now making YouTubes on motoring and retrogaming from a home studio... in our spare bedroom.

You can check out some of my videos here: http://bit.ly/2nngPWN

trunky

Post by trunky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 am

Good Morning world,

My name is trunky. I am a semi retired 50 going on 65 year old from the Midlands. I am also a gamer and have been since I was tiny. In my life I have seen many things, things that would make your brain melt and your eyebrows raise quizzically in the style of Dwayne Johnson, things such as a man playing track and field in a pub toilet with a pencil whilst his mates fed him beer and cheese and onion crisps. I have been at the birth of many games and machines and was once a world champion. Oh yes. Dragon Gamer Dig Dug World Champion to be exact. I know, I know, and yet here I am.

In the late 70's Space Invaders on a Commodore Pet filled my evenings. A kit to build a ZX81 amused me briefly before Commodore enticed me onto the 64. I say me but in reality it was my dear old now sadly passed Dad who caved into mine and my Brother's demands. We were then forced into a Dragon 32 which was handy as a mate's Dad had a TRS80 with loads of games from America. Lovely America. Lovely Amiga. Lovely numbers. 500. 600. 1200 with extra HDD. Oh the games, Alien Breed, Superfrog, SS, SWOS, Cannon Fodder, Speedball 2, Geoff Crammond, Rob Hubbard et all.

Technology, like life, moves on at an alarming pace, and soon I was knee deep in PC's, firstly a 486 before stepping up to the plate with a P75. Shiny. Online gaming soon hit and I joined a clan. Sadly, after nearly 20 years, I am still in the same clan. We are all old now. Married, mostly. I have been to stag weekends, weddings, funerals, beer ups, beer downs, camping and random hanging outs in Sweden, Liverpool, Belgium, America, Lovely America, Scotland, Ireland...the list goes on and on, oh wait, that was it. Sorry.

If I seem to be ignoring consoles then maybe this paragraph will help re-address the balance. I still have my PS1, 2, 3 and 5. Sorry, scratch that, it should read 4. Ignore what I said. Put it out of your mind. The machine doesn't exist. I still have the games. The controllers. The cables. It's a big box. I don't still have my trusty old SNES. Pity. Castlevania was excellent.

So why Retro Gamer forum after all these years I hear you ask. Well, it's simple, I found a few DVD's from the first few issues. I then remembered I had an Amiga in the loft. I then found my old Dragon 32 and by association, this place.

Hello.
Last edited by trunky on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

Welcome to the RG forum Trunky! :D

trunky

Post by trunky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:Welcome to the RG forum Trunky! :D

Cheers. Oh yes.