Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Soundwave5150

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Soundwave5150 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:59 am

Some of you may know me from the gamesTM or Nowloading forums, and let me tell you, I've moved here for a very good reason!

. . . my work doesn't filter this forum :wink:

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:05 am

Starlight wrote:Hello, my name is Starlight (Here), and I am a MEGA DRIVE fan and I do like 2007 and onwards SEGA games (I will admit missing out on the Saturn/Dreamcast era but we are all different in taste, right?)

I am not really into Nintendo games/Franchises but I like the first Kirby Game, Metroid Fusion and Sunshine so I do think that there is at least one game in a franchise someone will love.

I am a huge fan of U2 and love the likes of Queen, Depeche Mode, Manic Street Preachers and Feeder as my other choices.

I have a hobby in playing an instrument (Steel Drum) and a Graphic Designer.

That's as far I go for personal stuff, I say hello to all walks of life and I am more then happy to talk with everyone with different opinions and have an open mind.
some excellent gaming - and musical taste - going on there!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

TaranBFC

Post by TaranBFC » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:43 am

Hey guys just thought I would introduce myself to you all.

I'm Taran from good ol' Blackpool. A big Blackpool Football fan, wrestling and F1 fan. Of course a big gamer also and have recently been drawn into the world of retro (even though im only 21).

I'm a student in my final year at Lancaster University studying Film so naturally I don't have a lot of money coming in so getting the latest games and retro merch can be hard but i just about manage it. :wink:

I picked up my first ever copy of Retro Gamer a couple of days ago so it was the latest issue with Maniac Mansion on the front and straight away I was drawn into not only the magazine itself but the whole concept of retro gaming. I've always enjoyed retro gaming but it has only been the past couple of months that I have started to get into in fully and Retro Gamer is sure helping with my new passion.

My retro collection is pretty poor at the moment. I only have a Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1 and N64 and of course a small collection of games for each....but don't worry as time goes on it will grow I promise. :wink: My next console purchase will be the SNES. I have never had one and always wanted one as a kid so when I find one for a decent price I'll be snatching it up!

I'm also the owner of a PS3 and XBOX 360....we have a Wii somewhere but i'm not a big fan to be honest.

So yepp that's me! :) Cheers guys! Any questions lol...

(Oh yea I have a pretty decent PacMan tattoo I had done 3 years ago too if anyone wants a gander...)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:31 am

Valli777 wrote:Hello!

My name is Valli Garcia and I'm newbie to this community. I'm from New Jersey! :D
And another spammer ! Been frickin loads lately!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:32 am

TaranBFC wrote:Hey guys just thought I would introduce myself to you all.

I'm Taran from good ol' Blackpool. A big Blackpool Football fan, wrestling and F1 fan. Of course a big gamer also and have recently been drawn into the world of retro (even though im only 21).
Errr 'nice' tattoo ! ;)

Welcome to the world of retro ! Its great when youngsters who werent around in the early days discover these gems. I trust you'll be coming to Replay ?

UpsideDownNed

Greetings, Programs

Post by UpsideDownNed » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 am

Wow, can't believe I only discovered RG a few months ago. Where on Earth was I?

I'm Ned, I'm a Retro and Sci-Fi nut. Amongst my gadgets are: Atari VCS, Vectrex, Snes, DS, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, and a whole load of the old LED handhelds.

Old timers will probably remember SWIV or Silkworm for which I was the Artist / designer. I was also the lead artist on the 3d shooter Forsaken. I'm really embracing the Retro revival. For many years me and my kind have been considered Dinosaurs! But its nice to know we still have a voice!

I now run Upside Down Games Ltd. and have just released our first homage to retro gaming, Space Junk. Imagine if they brought out a Vectrex 2? Then Space Junk is probably what it would look like!

http://www.upsidedowngames.co.uk/

TaranBFC

Post by TaranBFC » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 am

psj3809 wrote:

Errr 'nice' tattoo ! ;)

Welcome to the world of retro ! Its great when youngsters who werent around in the early days discover these gems. I trust you'll be coming to Replay ?
Of course, of course. In fact good shout actually. Still haven't got any tickets for it yet....leaving it a bit late. Any still available?? Cheers.

retrorecall

Post by retrorecall » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi all

I am a retro lover all of all things, Games, TV Shows, Music and have produced an app for iPhone called Retro Recall you will all love

I am a believer Retro can be anything from the 70's - 80's right up to a month ago if the masses have forgotten about it!!

http://www.retrorecall.com

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 am

Well i hope you stay here and join in and arent just here to spam your game ;)

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

TaranBFC wrote:
psj3809 wrote:

Errr 'nice' tattoo ! ;)

Of course, of course. In fact good shout actually. Still haven't got any tickets for it yet....leaving it a bit late. Any still available?? Cheers.
tickets are still available from http://replayexpo or i'm pretty sure you can pick them up from WHO Blackpool!
also bring some pocket money as you will be able to build up your retro collection quite steadily at a certain charity lucky dip! ;)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

DoctorForbin

Post by DoctorForbin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:39 am

Hello RG people.

Been reading the magazine on and off for a couple of years - though mostly via bookazines comps - and have lurked here a few times - and it only seemed polite to join and get posting.

I'm as much of a current gen guy as a retro guy - PS3 and PSP - but I have PS1 and an old MD - which I use from time to time. (Just remembered I had a Dreamcast too for a short time, though can't remember playing any specific title on it)

Will aim to start picking the mag up regularly from this month and getting more into the retro groove.

I am also a sci-fi guy - books, films and TV - but mostly offbeat stuff from the 1970s or before.
THERE...IS...ANOTHER...SYSTEM......

retro74

Post by retro74 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:05 am

Hi all

I'm another cross-forum interloper from the gamestm one (my user name is the same on there). I'm a fan of gaming in general, have all the current stuff along with about 30 other consoles stored away

Originally bought retro gamer issue 3 but didn't carry on buying it for some reason - got all the issues of gamestm and edge so another games magazine was a bit much. However I've recently starting buying it each month and thought it was a good time to join the forum

Hope I'm very happy here!

GeekyGameloverGirl

Post by GeekyGameloverGirl » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey there lovely gamers :)

Thought I'd best join as I'm going to replay this year and I'm obsessed with gaming (even if I'm not the best :P)
Love the sonic games and prefer them on the Megadrive than current consoles which isn't the opinion of quite alot of my generation. Adore, 1st person shooter games..most violence based games seem to fit right with me..hmm bit odd ..Maybe that explains the wrestling obsession,however I have currently stopped my training as a rookie wrestler due to getting a job! ..But ..."I'll be back"
I have quite a broad knowledge of music from way before I was born :) Guess that's my thing
I'll wrap it up by saying .. Don't be shy with saying HI at Replay :)
When life gets you down, Get up and get gaming!! :P

eddiehitlersbaldhead

Post by eddiehitlersbaldhead » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:48 am

Hello everybody, stumbled across this site, as i'm a bit of a gamer freak thought i'd join :D , anyway, anyone who wants to add me as a friend feel free to do so, i'm not fussy who i have as friends, heard about the secret santa quite looking forward to that!