Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The_Pope

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by The_Pope » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:33 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Geoff and I'm new round these parts. I'm about to turn 33 and got my first PC 22 years ago (1989). I'd played games earlier than that - various friends' C64 / NES / SNES / PC etc

Which is to say I don't specifically classify myself as a "retro gamer" per se, just that I've been doing it so bloody long that eventually *everything* becomes retro. I've noticed this already with the "Xbox is now retro - deal with it" thread :)

Despite a heritage firmly based in PC-land, I have owned several consoles over the years. The Dreamcast was my first, and through a stroke of luck, happened to be in the USA the day Xbox launched. A short queue at midnight at $500 later and I flew back to the UK as one of the first in the country to own one (not that I was trying!)

My main retro claim is NGPC. Having cut my teeth working for Eurogamer.net back in the late Nineties, they launched PocketGamer.net and stuck me in charge. I quickly amassed quite a collection, accelerated with SNK started withdrawing stock from the market. PocketGamer (and ConsoleGamer) were later folded back into the main Eurogamer site which everyone now knows and loves.

That's it really.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Welcome all new people. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:16 am

brucegray666 wrote:Aside from video games my main vice is comic books. Recently completed a reread of all the Complete Judge Dredd Case Files (15 years worth of comics and something like 5,200 pages) and have subsequently ended up scowling at everyone while jutting out my chin and calling them "creeps".
Yep great to see another 2000ad fan, i've got all the case files myself and also the Strontium Dog ones, my other fave. Really hope the new Judge Dredd film is a success, nervous about it though !

Reglan

Post by Reglan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey guys and gals! Reglan here. Along with my gaming addiction I love to write and I'm a huge fan of cartoons.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Welcome Reglan and Pope. :D
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

BRIK

Post by BRIK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 am

Hey everyone my name is BRIK and I love anything retro related, especially games.
I also run a blog about retro gaming which is at http://www.retrogameon.blogspot.com, please check it our if you have a spare minute.
Retro Game On << Please check out my brand new retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness. New post as of 4/5/11

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 am

Should of come here first, but what the hey. XD

ALK here. Long time reader of Retro Gamer as well as NGamer and its predecessors (NGC, N64 Mag, etc.). LOVE videogames both current and retro. Other interests include anime/manga, wrestling (Mostly TNA these days. Have low opinion of the E these days), drawing, writing, the Internet, films and TV, etc. ;)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:24 pm

:D :mrgreen: :D . :D :D :D . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :D :D
:D :mrgreen: :D . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :D
:D :D :D . :D :D :D . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :D
:D :mrgreen: :D . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . :D :mrgreen: :D
:D :mrgreen: :D . :D :D :D . :D :D :D . :D :D :D . :D :D :D

This took bloody ages to get right, aren't I a show off?

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:This took bloody ages to get right, aren't I a show off?
Yes.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 am

probably would have stood out more if you'd done the green/yellow the other way round... ;)
:twisted:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 am

I was thinking lights on a scoreboard.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am

Hey guys,

I'm Tim and I'm (almost) 21 years old. I live in Belgium and I study graphic design. My favorite console is the Super Nintendo but no worries, I also have a PlayStation 1/one/2/3 and some Nintendo handhelds. So, I hope to have joined some fellow retro game nuts :D

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am

Hello and welcome Spectre

You seem to have owned all the consoles I didn't own, but there's plenty of love for all formats here.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 am

Well I actually had them all at one time. But the Wii got boring, the Gamecube was sold, the Xbox 360 died, The DS Lite died.
The NES died :( I used to collect Nintendo 64 and Snes but sold the N64 part a few years ago. Never owned a SEGA ;)

guv859

Post by guv859 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 am

Hi. I'm Mike, and have only just had a look in Off Topic. I expected it to be the usual kind of OT forum where people just add to threads about what music they are currently listening to, and what their favourite TV programmes and films are, etc etc etc. Pleasantly surprised to find that while it may be off topic, it's still gaming related!
Bye