Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:49 pm

Hi everyone.

Name: Paul
Computer history: Atari 2600; Vic-20 (learnt to program on a PET at school while I had my Vic-20); C64; Amiga 500; Amiga 1200; Playstation; PC (AMD 850Mhz); Rebough a C64 and 1541 since I had sold it to get my A500 in 1987; PS2; PC (AMD 64 3500+); PS3 probably next.

I started reading RG on issue 5 and I'm still catching up after getting the earlier issues. I finally got Issue Two yesterday :D

I hope the new version sells well and I look forward to reading it when I have finished reading the old ones.

gingerj

Post by gingerj » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:02 pm

I think there's a few familar faces around here ;)

Duddyroar

Post by Duddyroar » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:20 pm

The name is Damien McFerran, I'm 26 and from Loughborough. I run the Mean Machines Archive (link in sig) which Daz kindly featured in an issue of GamesTM a while back.

I'm a massive Megadrive fan, it's only console I've held on to over all the years, having sold (and sometimes re-purchased) many other machines since 1990. Currently making do with a PS2, Cube and PSP, but I find that 'real life' is stopping me from gaming as much as I used to. :(

I'm a mod over at NTSC-UK (where Daz also posts) and I've written some reviews and contributed several retro features on games such as Golden Axe, Castlevania and Alex Kidd.

retro mania

Post by retro mania » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:56 pm

Hi I was a lurker on the old rg site but have been posting on the rs forum.

Computer history vic 20, c64, gameboy, atari st, snes, n64, gba, ps2

I am from peterborough and I am 24 years old been into retro gaming for about 3 years. Started buying rg from issue 6 on.

ps How the hell do you up-load an avatar from your hard disk?

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:00 pm

You cant yet (assuming you're going to be able to). Until then host one on image shack/photobucket then copy the URL into the avatar space
Last edited by Ben on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realretro

Post by realretro » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:00 pm

Hello.

Name: Steven
Job: Unemploy
Favourite Food: KFC
Favourite Drink: Anything
Favourite Film: Ronin
Football Team: Liverpool FC
Hobbies: Gaming old and new

sparky

Post by sparky » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Well the name sparky comes from my childhood nickname, really Mark. I'm into collecting Manic Miner trilogy official releases (MM, JSW & JSW2) and also collect official Rubik's cubes.

I'm admin on another forum and a member at other places such as Lemon 64 and The World of Spectrum.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:05 am

It's me, c'mon surely you remember its ME....

Oh well, some of you may remember me from other forums such as RS and RP but not in my current guise.

A change is as good as a rest,

Anyway,

Age 26

Been playing computers since what seems like 1902,

Currently own, 2 x c64's, Amiga 500, Atari ST,SNES, NES, Mega Drive, still waiting for an N64 and poss 2 ATARI LYNXS 1 old style, 1 new from a nameless family member, ps1, ps2, GBA.....

Big hugz to all at the NEW RG
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

sandinista

Post by sandinista » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:39 pm

Name: Gary Whelan
Football Team: Manchester City

Love all the late 70`s early 80`s arcade machines , especially Galaxian , which i`m currently Twin Galaxies World Record Holder on :D Been a reader of Retro Gamer since issue one , and it`s really great to see it back :D

sandinista

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:35 pm

Hi to all that i knew from previous forums and to all that are new to me.

I have been away from the scene since CGEUK 2005 due to a seperation from my wife of 10 years ( 16 years together. )

It has been a hard time but now i am back and up and running again

I have always had an interest in Retro games, Hardware and just about anything else Retro since the late 70's when we got our first Pong game.

Acetronic, Intellevision, Zx81, Vic20, Spectrum, Amiga, Playstation and others followed.

In about 1995 for various reasons my Retro days just vanished and they were lost until about 2003 when i happened to stumble across a Retro site that showed some of the old machines i once owned.

I was hooked again.

Although i am not a big collector at the moment i do own various bits of Hardware and now my house is mine alone i think i will add to that.
Next two projects are to build the Cinema room i have always wanted and then to build a Mame upright to put in the corner.

Regards and Merry Christmas.

RIK
Last edited by RetroRik on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shane R. Monroe

Post by Shane R. Monroe » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:45 pm

Hey there ... Shane R. Monroe here ... Author of the America Free Retro column of the new mag, host of the almost 8-year running RetroGaming Radio show, and die hard classic gamer. My extensive bio is on the RGR site under MEET THE CAST.

Platforms of Choice: C64, Amiga, Genesis, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, GP2x.

Cheers!
--
Shane R. Monroe
Retro Gamer Magazine, America Free Retro

hanging

Post by hanging » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:58 pm

Ello,

Not sure if any of you will have bumped into me on this net type thing..

I used to bounce around the abandonware scene a lot..

working on such wonderful sites as

emulationring and 4ham forums - mainly concentrating on AbandonRom Paradise - which sadly died a while back.

Now I just mod at DaFastLane.net and drink tea.. sometimes coffee when I fancy danger.

My main loves are the speccy, C64 and The atari St - and if you fancy boring me to death talk RTS..

I'll try and be nice with my opinions tho.. :)
Abandonrom Paradise - Back one day.....
DaFastLane - news, views and random babble

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:42 am

Boyo aka Chris
Married - 2 kids!

Organisor of The Retro Ball charity event (http://www.play4charity.co.uk)
Editor of the Retro Fusion magazine (http://www.retrofusion.co.uk)

Wil

Post by Wil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:55 am

Hi all

I'm Wil AKA Wil

Too old to mention.
Worked on games mags - Super Play, N64 (and freelanced for a load of others at Fwetch) in the 90s and now reside at Rare where I'm collapsed in a heap after working on Perfect Dark Zero for too long.

I guess my golden age was the Super Famicom but as I get older my nostalgic side gets worse and I now find myself more and more going back to the times of the VCS, Vectrex, Intellivision, Speccy, C64 etc.

Hell, I'll even go back to my Binatone pong-er!

Married with a super son and 2 puddy cats.

PRINT> Hello!

DonkeySpank

Re:

Post by DonkeySpank » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:01 pm

Okay, well here goes:

DonkeySpank / Paul
Age 34, but only for the next 3 weeks!
Married, have a 1 yr old boy ("mini-spank")
First console was the Atari 2600. After that I moved to the Spectrum+, then the C64, Atari ST (for a couple of days!), Amiga, GameBoy, GBC, PC, XBox.
Along the way there were many Game&Watches, Grandstand Tabletops and handhelds, including the excellent DonkeyKong2 and BMX Flyer.
Love everything retro, and I'm beside myself at the resurgence of retro gaming that's happened over the last few years.

Claim to fame: In 1990 I fell 100ft from a bridge and nearly killed myself - about 10 yards from the factory that produced the Sinclair C5! :wink: