Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

itlgames

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by itlgames » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 am

Yep, did post on WOS a few weeks ago as well. To be honest, people who did try the game, did like it, apart from high difficulty, which seems to be the major flaw, but the game will not be a hit on the App Store, probably the general iPhone public is not too kind of retro games, or maybe isometric games is just for a minority, like me. I will start with a couple of new different games, always isometric/pixel art style, but not strictly platformers games.

flicky

Post by flicky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi everyone

I'm Jon Legg, I've been a gamer and collector for ages .. into all sorts of different systems, especially Colecovision, MSX, Vectrex, N64, Megadrive ... and lots of others! I'm currently picking up lots of obscure PS2 games from bargain bins, and organising the Eurocon 2010 event in September.

Cheers
Jon

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Jon! :D

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Many young'uns, welcome :)

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

DanP

Post by DanP » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 am

Hi, another new user - my name is Dan and I mainly collect classic (79-84) arcade games - so they get most of my spare time. I do also have a Vectrex (with multicart), a Colecovision (with modules 1 and 2), Atari 800xl, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Snes, N64, etc, but they don't get much use these days. Two children under two will do that for you... :)

DanP

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:05 am

welcome danp, yes the little nippers are a bit of a crimp on gaming aren't they, even mine coming upto 2 and a half prefers to press all the buttons on the nice console rather than play with the pad :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 am

Welcome new people. :D

retrohead80

Post by retrohead80 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:58 pm

Hey guys my name`s Craig. I`m almost 30 and am massively into retro stuff. I do own all the current gen machines and enjoy a lot of new games but for me nothing quite cuts it like the oldies. I own a lot of different machines, I really enjoy collecting imports particularly of games unreleased in the west. I live with my partner who is into games as well though not quite as obsessed as me. I`m really into films, games, Japanese culture and books too and i write a lot in my spare time. Have been reading retro gamer for ages but still hadn`t gotten round to registering on the forum until now.
Currently playing (Retro) Shenmue, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. (New games) Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3.

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm

Welcome Craig. :D

angryhoolio

Post by angryhoolio » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi everyone, my name's Jack and I'm 27 years old. I'm a musician and I also currently work in a pet shop. I own 6 hamsters, 2 rabbits and 2 chinchillas. We all live in a lovely flat in Dartford that me and my fiancee, Emma, bought about a year ago.
My first introduction to gaming was through my older brother's Atari 2600 and Donkey Kong Game & Watch. The first system I owned myself was a 16k speccy and the only game I had for it was Jetpac and I played it to death! I eventually graduated to an Atari 520STFM which came bundled with, amongst other games, Space Harrier! I have owned several systems over the years, many of which I have accumulated in later years as part of my ever-growing collection, the most recent of which is an N64 that I simply cannot get to work on my new HDTV!
My favourite game of all time is Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and I'm a huge fan of adventure games in general. The system that I have probably logged the most hours on is the Super Nintendo, probably due to the fact I got it when I was 10 years old and played it avidly until I was 15 and traded it in for an N64.
I have always had ambitions of getting involved in the games industry, either as a composer or an artist, but have so far failed miserably. You can find some examples of my work as a composer at http://www.myspace.com/pigdogmusic and my band at http://www.myspace.com/orphangears.
That covers it I think.
A carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 am

Hello everyone, I'm Lee, I'm 34 and I've been gaming since 1985 when I was (very generously) given a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A computer for Christmas. I cut my gaming teeth on Hunt the Wumpus, Parsec, Tombstone City and TI Invaders. My next computer was an Amstrad CPC 464 with deluxe green screen monitor which I had a love/hate relationship with, I promptly made the jump to console gaming.

I've collected most of the popular post-NES consoles (nothing by Atari, SNK or Hudson Soft/NEC though) and have sadly sold some of my most beloved machines and game collections back in my student/partying days when I needed the cash. I've recently started my collection again and have been hammering my disposable income on e-bay looking for mint condition, boxed replacements for all the things I bitterly regret selling. My goal is to have a fully-equipped room dedicated to my hobby but with a lovely wife who has nothing but disdain for video gaming, two young sons (3 years old and 1 month old) and a three bedroom house I can't see that happening any time soon. I'm lucky enough to have the money for the games and the machines now but don't have the time to play them, I'm stockpiling it all for when when the boys are older!

I've subscribed to Retro Gamer for a year or so and wanted to join the forum as it seems a lot friendlier than some other video games forums I've been browsing, looking forward to joining in and making new friends.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 am

Welcome Lee, shame about the Amstrad thing, but we're not all perfect :wink: :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 am

Welcome Lee, welcome Jack. :D

angryhoolio

Post by angryhoolio » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Thank you sir!
A carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

SpiffierRabbit