Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

QuantumCrayons

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey all! Back again, after a long hiatus (as I see MK has done too ;) ).

How's life been over here?

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Everyone appears to be back... did anyone stay? ;)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm back. Not been on here since last night.

Hey QC - welcome back :D Wotchabeenupto?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:02 am

Finished uni, got a job and about to buy a house. All this adult life has taken it out of me ;)
How about yourself?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:44 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:Finished uni, got a job and about to buy a house. All this adult life has taken it out of me ;)
How about yourself?
Buying a house ? How old are you ? Thought you were much younger after i saw one of your youtube videos!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:46 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:Finished uni, got a job and about to buy a house. All this adult life has taken it out of me ;)
How about yourself?
Ummmm.... same job, same house, same amount of kids (6), same car.... need to find something less boring to do I think! :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am

psj3809 wrote: Buying a house ? How old are you ? Thought you were much younger after i saw one of your youtube videos!
21. Same price as renting so I'm going for it. Finding the banks a struggle right now though ;)

TNT

Post by TNT » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Long time video game player started off with an Atari 2600 in the late 80's .

I am a long time hobbyist console modder/repairer.

I do have an irrational hate of 1st person shooters since they stopped being fun. Doom = Great , COD = bad

Modern games aren't necessarily bad, Since new 2D games became a dying bread, I felt it was hard to find decent fun 3D early on, and even PS1 games started to get very repetitive, I got bored and fell out of love with gaming in the PS2/Xbox era, and mostly played retro games and Dreamcast, even though I owned a PS2 I only played PES and God of War on it really. It wasn't until I picked up a 360, Fable 2, Earth Defence force 2017, and Batman Arkham Asylum that I found my love for games again.

Currently I've just played Infamous on the PS3 and Loved it, got infamous 2 and Second son lined up ready to play.
I've just picked up a Jap Megadrive( for technical reasons ) with a Jap copy of Toejam & Earl ( which I foolishly traded in when I originally owned the uk copy) , Gunstar heroes and Parasite Eve which I rented back in the day. Teddy boy on Sega Card. and a Mega CD1( with another pal mega drive which I don't but may prove handy) which is soo much cooler than my existing Mega CD2 which I have owned since a few months after launch. I also really want to get hold of an SD2SNES cart to play some translated versions of Jap RPG on the SNES which I own and refrained from playing on emulators!!

Biggest shock in gaming for me is how badly the original Mega CD Thunderhawk has aged. Seriously I wonder how I used to be able to play/complete that game now( is that a bunch of blocks representing a tank or a turd). that would be a great game to resurrect.

Favourite game of all time = Final Fantasy 3 on SNES
Far to many honourable mentions for others I really enjoyed over the years, I could go on for days.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:46 pm

TNT wrote:Long time video game player started off with an Atari 2600 in the late 80's .

I am a long time hobbyist console modder/repairer.

I do have an irrational hate of 1st person shooters since they stopped being fun. Doom = Great , COD = bad

Modern games aren't necessarily bad, Since new 2D games became a dying bread, I felt it was hard to find decent fun 3D early on, and even PS1 games started to get very repetitive, I got bored and fell out of love with gaming in the PS2/Xbox era, and mostly played retro games and Dreamcast, even though I owned a PS2 I only played PES and God of War on it really. It wasn't until I picked up a 360, Fable 2, Earth Defence force 2017, and Batman Arkham Asylum that I found my love for games again.

Currently I've just played Infamous on the PS3 and Loved it, got infamous 2 and Second son lined up ready to play.
I've just picked up a Jap Megadrive( for technical reasons ) with a Jap copy of Toejam & Earl ( which I foolishly traded in when I originally owned the uk copy) , Gunstar heroes and Parasite Eve which I rented back in the day. Teddy boy on Sega Card. and a Mega CD1( with another pal mega drive which I don't but may prove handy) which is soo much cooler than my existing Mega CD2 which I have owned since a few months after launch. I also really want to get hold of an SD2SNES cart to play some translated versions of Jap RPG on the SNES which I own and refrained from playing on emulators!!

Biggest shock in gaming for me is how badly the original Mega CD Thunderhawk has aged. Seriously I wonder how I used to be able to play/complete that game now( is that a bunch of blocks representing a tank or a turd). that would be a great game to resurrect.

Favourite game of all time = Final Fantasy 3 on SNES
Far to many honourable mentions for others I really enjoyed over the years, I could go on for days.
xbox 360 indie games are great for 2d games
This guy are sick

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:19 pm

leespoons wrote:Hello, I'm leespoons and I like old games. I had a Speccy+ from 1985-89 so that's my first love, along with old arcade games. I also make tunes for the Speccy beeper every now and then.

Currently playing Life of Pixel and through that I'm starting to get curious about some of the other machines from back in the day - I remember seeing the C64 and Amstrad in the shops but most of my friends had Spectrums so I never got to play on any of them (apart from my mate's Acorn Electron).

I've been trying to get my kids into all this stuff but they prefer Minecraft... ho hum :roll: :lol:
hi

;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:30 pm

leespoons wrote:Hello, I'm leespoons and I like old games. I had a Speccy+ from 1985-89 so that's my first love, along with old arcade games. I also make tunes for the Speccy beeper every now and then.

Currently playing Life of Pixel and through that I'm starting to get curious about some of the other machines from back in the day - I remember seeing the C64 and Amstrad in the shops but most of my friends had Spectrums so I never got to play on any of them (apart from my mate's Acorn Electron).

I've been trying to get my kids into all this stuff but they prefer Minecraft... ho hum :roll: :lol:
Good to have another Speccy person here ! Yeah i hope more people discover Life of Pixel, its a great game and the variety of different levels and graphic styles are good.

White Hornet

Post by White Hornet » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Evening all, long time subscriber, first time poster! I really have no excuse!

I'm 27, a bloke, and currently living in the wild of West Yorks and I've been gaming as soon as I had the cognitive ability to do so. Brought up on the NES from the age of five and a rabid stonking Nintendo fanboy ever since, I've dabbled in all of the big red's consoles but the Amiga also had a huge part of my growing up, having inherited a dusty 1200 off a cousin in '97. It still works!! While I'm currently in the possession of a PS3 I'm pretty nailed onto games ten years or older, currently working me way through some Megadrive classics as I never had the pleasure first time around.

I'm also a massive videogame music nerd and amateur musician on the sly; will probably end up slapping some of my fave choonz for yawl in relevant threads as I find them!

Favourite Game of All Time? Super Mario 64... or Shadow of The Colossus. Possibly Minecraft, though. I love all three equally. Ocarina of Time a close fourth.
Worst Game of All Time... you ever played the 'Lost' game on the PS3/360? I genuinely preferred toenail surgery.
How do

leespoons

Post by leespoons » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:

hi

;)
ha, only just noticed this :lol: That's more like it!

oh, and for what it's worth, welcome TNT and WhiteHornet :)

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Another returnee I'm afraid.
Based in near Portsmouth, I'm just a retro gamer, not a collector. Have a PS3, PSP and a Megadrive. Really into sports / football games, scrolling beat em ups and puzzlers.

Howdy!

phil8715

Post by phil8715 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello fellow Retro Gamers

My name is Phil and I live in a little village called Rishton that's near Blackburn in Lancashire.

My favourite games are Tetris, Outrun and Frogger.

I've played Tetris and Outrun on a variety of devices, but can't seem to find Frogger on any portable device.

I've downloaded emulators with Frogger on it but its not quite the same playing through an emulator.

Any idea where I can a version of Frogger that's not the helmet chaos.