LifeOfRepton

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by LifeOfRepton » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 am

Hello, I am Wayne.

Massive fan of retro games :)

morcar

Post by morcar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 am

hi..been a longtime retro gaming lover (that dont sound good) for years now as i started way back in 1981 with the mighty ZX81. Of course i have owned almost every sysstem one time or another and i want to get back into collecting and not just play on emulators anymore.

Hope to get some idea's on what machines to collect and how easy it is to get certain items too.

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:33 pm

I've been away from the forum for sooooo long!

Alot of stuff has happened to me - lost my job in September last year, been trying to find a job for a while, going to conventions, gaming so much, had a gf but dumped me after 2 weeks for someone else, so i've been through quite a bit recently :(
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

william

Post by william » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi,well I suppose I'm newish here,been lurking around rarely posting much since I first joined many years ago,been gaming since 84 with my first machine(amstrad 464)which I still own along with 60 odd different other machines and about two and a half thousand games,my retro gaming hobby isn't my main hobby as I prefer flying traction kites,but hopefully I'll manage to post here a bit more often

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome newbies - sad to hear of your not so good times retrogamerdude...fingers crossed things will get better for you soon :)
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 am

Hope he finds another job soon but getting dumped by a girl after 2 weeks isnt that bad ! Some people get divorced after years and years, a 2 week relationship is nothing !

TomKiddSolDev

Post by TomKiddSolDev » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 am

Hi everyone, my name is Tom. I joined this forum for the love of retro games and to invite each and everyone of you to a small retro gaming night in Fife, Scotland. We are having a Street Fighter tournament, free teas/coffees/cakes(made by a collegue of mine Jess) :) EVERYTHING IS FREE! It is a charity event so donations are welcome but not necessary! I saw an earlier post about retro gaming nights in Scotland and thought I would throw it out there! We are inviting you all to bring your own consoles too as we are setting up a plug and play room too! Some of our retro consoles include Sega Master System, NES, Commodore 64, Sega Mega Drive and we are putting the tournament on a projector :D

Here is a link to RSVP to the free event, which is Thursday 14th March, 7:30-10:30pm Thornton, Fife, Scotland

http://charityretrogamingnight.eventbrite.com/

Hope you all want to come along!!

Make it a good night and nice to meet you all!!

Tom

SinclairStrange

Post by SinclairStrange » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 am

Hello, (again.)
I used pop on this forum a while back but thanks to (then) university stuffing lots and lots of coursework down my throat I had to give up my online activity and concentrate on finishing my animation degree. (Which I got, yay!)

Anyway, like I prolly said before, I'm a huge fan of retro games. I'm that big of a fan I actually now design and create retro inspired flash games to show my respect. (My latest one was, "Sole Gunner" and was a little tribute to Treasure's run-n-gun Mega Drive era.)

Even though I was away, working on finishing my degree, I still collected thee ol' retro stuff as well as the magazines, so it's nice to be back on a forum that loves those games as much as I do!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Circuit Bird wrote:The name's Luka-Antonia, Luka for short.

I'm 23 years old, I'm from the UK, I work part-time at McDonald's, and I play retro games. I like to occasionally mod/clean/repair consoles in my spare time, though I very rarely do it nowadays. I like to cycle, trampoline, and have a good laugh with friends too! :D

This is me, taken October 2012.

Hi and welcome. It's very nice to have a gamer girl in da house as it were, it's always a bit of a sausage fest around here. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

JoostVanDerKracht

Post by JoostVanDerKracht » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:17 am

Alright - Joost here, a detective from Holland (maybe) - 33 yrs old living in Essex. Weened on the ZX Spectrum 48k, graduated onto the Amiga and Gameboy, then to DOS gaming and now a Steam acolyte (Detective Joost Van Der Kracht if you want to friend me, considering I dont play much online or multiplayer I doubt adding me will do you much good). Favourite Retro Games are Zoom (speccy), Chaos Engine + SWOS (amiga) plus plenty more, those just stand out at the moment. Currently playing a lot of Civ V and Tropico 4, and am also known to frequent TF2 from time to time. Favourite modern games are the 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, I love the mindbending hardness and fact you die in one shot, but need 9000 headshots per enemy to kill them. Wondeful! Away from games I like road biking, music production (Dub Techno to Ambient) and am a Scottish Malt Whisky buff. There you go, that all you need to know!
"I'm sorry about that" - Mike

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Welcome joost, always good to add another to the Essex contingent :-)

I like you already :-)
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

maartenkoster

Post by maartenkoster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 pm

ok everyone don't know how I look here an picture of me

me with my super famicom
Follow my plans. :)

MrGrimstone

Post by MrGrimstone » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am

I'm Davey, 35 from Ramsgate on the fat lip of Kent. I'm married with two children, and I write books for Hodder in the UK and Disney/Penguin in the USA.

My love of computers started with the Commodore 64, flowered with the Amiga 600 and then sort of waned but continued with the PC and various consoles. I've owned but never quite loved Spectrum 128k, Megadrive, Mega CD, SNES, CDi 210, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360 and PS3.

My favourite games include Discworld and Discworld Noir (PC), the Monkey Island series (Amiga/PC), Flashback (Amiga), Speedball 2 (Amiga), Friday 13th, Dizzy series and Knightmare (C64) and - especially - Eye of the Beholder 2 (Amiga).

Um...that's about it. Oh, and I LOVE cheese and red wine.
GAMES I LOVED: Eye of the Beholder series (Amiga), Monkey Island series (Amiga), Discworld series (PC).
GAMES I LIKED: Frontier (Amiga), Speedball 2 (Amiga), Knightmare (C64), Friday 13th (C64), Legend of Grimrock (Steam).

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 am

Hi I'm flatapex, or in the real world andy, I am nearly 32 years old and live in Manchester with my fiancée Laura, we are getting married next summer

I started gaming in 1989 that I remember although my parents inform me that in the early 80s they had one of those pong tv game things but I don't remember it. We had a dos based pc and loads of games on it, including leisure suit larry, they eventually showed me the dos commands to get into it when I was about 12 and I got further than they could haha.

My teenage years involved owning a mega drive, game gear and playing on a snes with my mate, as well as arcades where my favourite game was super off road.
In the late 90s I moved to pc gaming and then in the early 2000s bought a ps2 and a snes. I sold the snes in the late 2000s and in addition to the ps2, bought a 360, wii and was given a psp. About a year later I was given a ds, Laura moved in and brought her ps3 with her and a couple of weeks ago I bought a master system

I love all sega era stuff and have a few retro collection programmes and have ordered about 3 or 4 more

dste

Post by dste » Mon May 06, 2013 8:39 am

Hi all new people. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!