Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by nokgod » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Mikol wrote:Hi all! So I found this place because of a squabble between an indie game reviewer and a developer, and it seems like a nice place here. I'm a big fan of retro games, maybe because they remind me of a simpler time, maybe because I'm in denial about being older, and maybe because modern games just take too much time to fully enjoy. I myself am working on my first full indie game which I am trying real hard to get finished while the Sun is still burning.
Doesn't matter how you find us, just as long as you do find us! Welcome and Merry Christmas. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

cwooders

Post by cwooders » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello everyone

I have been getting retrogamer magazine for a while now, and have been looking at these forums for about 5 years on and off and thought it was high time I took the plunge and contributed something! First computer was a zx Spectrum 128 +2, before graduating to the master system. In my time I have also had an amstrad cpc 464, n64, gb, gba, xbox 360. I currently have an atari 520st, snes, megadrive, gamecube, ps1 and 2 dreamcast and wii. My favourtite gaming moment was prob when I was about 13ish and my mate got Mortal Kombat 3 (i think) on the snes. I remember spending a boiling hot summer holiday cooped up in his tiny, tiny bedroom with about 7 of us all playing that game non stop - and each of us taking it in turns to call the nintendo hotline to find out each characters fatalities (ahh the days before the internet!) If my house was to go up in flames I would probably save the dreamcast, but would mourn for the lost snes!

Love all games, but do have a very soft spot for the older ones. Am currently teaching my older son the joys of the snes!!

Hope you all had a good Christmas and got lots of retro goodies!
I will move your controller using only the power of my mind.....

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Welcome to the boards, cwooders. That's a nice eclectic mix of machines. You should fit right in :)

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:54 pm

welcome all newbies!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:04 pm

cwooders wrote: First computer was a zx Spectrum 128 +2,
THIS is good news, also no mention of the Comode 64. Good man

bennyb84

Post by bennyb84 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:47 am

im back but all my info got hacked and im starting all over again...this is bennyb aka cornishdevil84 on psn and also formerly slof99

r3dstar

Post by r3dstar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Howdy!

I've getting back into collecting old computers and consoles again and after spending a lot of time searching for resources and info, I remembered this site.

I've been collecting for about 10 years, I lost a load a while back when I put some into storage with family and they went walkies. My first system was a Philips G7000 when I was a nipper but I spent a lot of time in the arcade my Dad used to run in the 80s. My collection currently has...

NES - 1 boxed, one unboxed
SNES - 1 boxed, one unboxed
N64 - 1 boxed, one unboxed
Gamecube boxed
Wii Boxed
Game Boy boxed, one unboxed
Game Boy Pocket boxed, one unboxed
Game Boy Color boxed
Game Boy Advance boxed x2
Virtual Boy unboxed
3DS boxed
Game Boy Micro boxd
Master System boxed
Master System 2 boxed
Mega Drive boxed
Mega CD boxed, one unboxed
Mega Drive 2 x2 boxed
Mega CD 2 boxed
32x Missing a lead:(
Saturn boxed
Dreamcast boxed, one unboxed
Gamegear boxed
Atari 2600 (Woody) Boxed
Atari 2600 Slimm unboxed
Atari 7800 boxed
Atari Lynx 2 unboxed
Atari Jaguar unboxed
Commodore 64 V1 boxed
Commodore 64 v2 boxed
Commodore Amiga 600 boxed
Amiga CD32 unboxed
Amstrad Gx4000 boxed
Amstrad 464+ unboxed with monitor
Playstation boxed
Playstation One boxed
Playstation2 boxed
Playstation Two boxed
Playstation3 boxed
Xbox 360 Fat boxed
XBox 360 Slim boxed
Vectrex Unboxed
Granstand Mk4, Mk 6, Mk 10 boxed
Phillips G7000 boxed + 2 unboxed

With a Boxed Vic 20 and Amiga 500 on the way.

Pretty sure that's it and I'm in the process of beginning to catalagoue it all. I've got a wish list that's almost as long as the "Got" list.

Orion4874

Post by Orion4874 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 am

Hi guys, I'm from the U.S. and I am a retro gaming and open source enthusiast. Retro Gamer is by far my favorite magazine, I'm just glad we get it over here. I know we can get the E magazine as well but call me old fashioned, I prefer an actual paper copy! :wink: Anyway, greetings to all!

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Welcome to all the new people. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

laceystar

Post by laceystar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Hey! I am Lacey. I am super into retro gaming. I live in a nerd house and I have a daughter named Atari :)

I also wanted to tell you guys about the Game Chasers, if you havent heard already. they are from Texas but go all over the place to find deals on games and come across some pretty awesome finds! they found a copy of Flintstones the surprise at dinosaur peak for $4.95 at a game xchange store.
good talks about games and they are actually really funny. TI would post the youtube channel but i would look like a spammer wouldnt i

i hope to be on here a lot more! so keep an eye out! :D

jetsetminer

Post by jetsetminer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:06 am

Well, I got me a bunch of retro gaming machines and at 34, I am part of the 8-16 bit era. I also run a retro ecommerce site (deleted URL as you are a new poster, please stick around and then eventually you can show your site - mod) but it is more of an online catalogue as to what I own as opposed to selling anything.

Massive fan of jet set willy and the monty mole games.

PS - Why the scrooge AV sizes!!! 6KB? That's tiny!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi everyone! :D
jetsetminer wrote:PS - Why the scrooge AV sizes!!! 6KB? That's tiny!
Old version of phpBB we're running here...

Mr. Bluebird

Post by Mr. Bluebird » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Hello, eccentric computer tech from across the pond here in Connecticut. Addicted to my Game Boy Color and had just about the majority of mainstream consoles out there as far back as the NES. A pleasure, figured I could use a good spot to drop by and be a nerd at.
Sincerely, as sincere as Oddjob in a game of Goldeneye, MISTER BLUEBIRD, SIR.
-----
Proud owner of: A Game Boy Color, DS, Wii, PS2, Xperia PLAY and iPhone 4
(Please pardon any weirdness I may exhibit.)

okgamer

Post by okgamer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:15 am

Hello I'm George, and I find this site fun so far. I am fifteen years old, my Birthdays on October 31 and I am a very nice guy when you get to know me.

Circuit Bird

Post by Circuit Bird » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:17 pm

The name's Luka-Antonia, Luka for short.

I'm 23 years old, I'm from the UK, I work part-time at McDonald's, and I play retro games. I like to occasionally mod/clean/repair consoles in my spare time, though I very rarely do it nowadays. I like to cycle, trampoline, and have a good laugh with friends too! :D

This is me, taken October 2012.