Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

psj3809

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by psj3809 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 pm

eddiehitlersbaldhead wrote:Hello everybody, stumbled across this site, as i'm a bit of a gamer freak thought i'd join :D , anyway, anyone who wants to add me as a friend feel free to do so, i'm not fussy who i have as friends, heard about the secret santa quite looking forward to that!
Welcome to the forum, make sure you join in though. Think a secret santa with a '1 post' newbie is a bit of a risk ! Just join in and get into the thick of it !

TheRev

Post by TheRev » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm an american gamer with a webshow on You Tube (Links are on the forum) called Retrocade Fantasia.
I'm a Sega Fanatic I own 3 dreamcasts 2 working 1 dead. Working on getting the entire US set.
Modern games I'm XBOX exclusive. But I will get a PSVITA

I have read Retrogamer and I am a fan. I plan to subscribe in the future.

luny666

Post by luny666 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:27 am

Hi, I'm Luny.
I've been a fan of computers since I touched a ZX81 all those years ago, and love being part of the retro scene and keeping the old school alive. I'm a professional developer who was involved in the digital TV market, helping perfect the digital change over and region selection architect. But that was a little while ago and now I'm helping improve the GUI of some serious stock market trading software.

I have plenty of unfinished remakes, including Wanted! Monty Mole, from way back in 2003 and Pyjamarama. But currently I'm getting into Android on Tablets, for which I'm working on a old style game inspired by Dun Darach. (see http://www.luny.co.uk ). I must stress, the final game will not be a Dun Darach remake, although for development I have borrowed the graphics, but my aim is to not use any of Gargoyle Games property in the end.

Spyke

Post by Spyke » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi all,

I've already posted a bit in the games board, so thought I'd better make it official and say "Hi" to everyone here!

My name's Ant(ony) and I've been an on-again off-again console owner for the last 20 years. Started with a Jap Megadrive, then added a PS1, then sold the MD on and ended up with a PS!, Dreamcast, Gamecube combo. Parted company with them then briefly owned another MD. Also had a Gamegear along the way somewhere. Now I've just bought a PSP and a Gamecube again.

Before consoles I had an Acorn Electron. Elite, anybody? ;)

Big shmup fan. That's not to say I'm any good at them but I love them all the same, especially the more esoteric ones. I'm thinking of getting another MD to ad to the GC so I can invest in old Jap shooters again.

Aside from that I like FPS games on PC and am into astronomy, guitars and science fiction.

Big Hi to everyone here! :D

Ant
PAL PS2, GC+freeloader, PAL PS1 (Jp-import-chipped), Jp Sega Saturn, PAL DC
Sore thumbs

Ingrisser

Post by Ingrisser » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello everyone!
I just joined this forum today, because I'm a huge fan of video games for 20 years.
Although I'm into playing next-gen games, I also collect retro games and consoles whenever I shop.
That's it for my introduction today.

-max-

Post by -max- » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi everyone
I have been collecting retro games for about 3 years now but never bothered with joining a forum on the subject until now. I collect games for the NES, SNES, Sega mega drive, Sega mega CD, PS1 and now Atari jaguar. I play current gen games on steam. Anyway i love vintage technology (and new) so that's why i got into collecting games.
I occasionally buy the magazine, i might subscribe soon. :D

Anyway hi everyone! :D for now i will go back to trying to understand a load of super famicom games a recently bought :lol:

Critanime

Post by Critanime » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi guys

My name is James and I am a auxiliary nurse from Wakefield. Been a gamer from a very early age. My dad bought our C64 only a couple of months before I was born in 82. I am a big fan of Commodore computers and have a C64, Amiga 600 and Amiga 1200. I also have the usual affair of systems including the NES, SNES, Mega Drive, Atari 2600 and 7800, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast and Playstation 1.

aazdogg

Post by aazdogg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Forum,
I'm Aaron and a retro collector originally from Northern Ireland but now living in Gloucester. Avid subscriber to the magazine and thought it was about time I joined the Forum. Also a member on Retrocollect.com. Im mainly after collecting RPG's and Zelda / Final Fantasy merchandise. I own around 500 games at present stemming across the NES,SNES,GB,GBA,GBC,NDS,Wii,3DS,PSX,PS2,PS3,PSP,XBOX,XBOX360. Lucky i have a fiancee that shares the same passion :)

looking forward to speaking to you all

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:11 pm

welcome new people!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

8-bit-dreams

Post by 8-bit-dreams » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:10 pm

hi guys! been lurking on the site for quite sometime now. but i just got to register recently :)
i am a retro gamer but more of a collector here from the Philippines . My collection is not huge really, just a little.
there's not really that much retro gaming stuff here in my country compared to other places but, its okay. I enjoy everything that i have and
i enjoy visiting forums and websites seeing others collections.

i m looking for ward to learn more and enjoy in this very nice website :)
Pls. visit my retro gaming BLOG for my retro gaming collections and adventures. With photos !

http://8-bit-dreams.blogspot.com/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Welcome to the site. Great to have a retro fan from afar. On the plus side it must be 'easier' to get some rare retro stuff from say Japan?

Anyway enjoy

8-bit-dreams

Post by 8-bit-dreams » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:10 am

psj3809 wrote:Welcome to the site. Great to have a retro fan from afar. On the plus side it must be 'easier' to get some rare retro stuff from say Japan?

Anyway enjoy
Thanks so much sir for the warm welcome. :) Yes sir. I am pretty much admitted that this place is really far and retro gaming scene here is almost next to nothing. There are very few people around that appreciate such , Well not to blame we are still a third world country most people have many other things to think about rather than "gaming". I just thought of bringing smiles to everyone who knows that someone indeed is into this kind of stuff . :)
Pls. visit my retro gaming BLOG for my retro gaming collections and adventures. With photos !

http://8-bit-dreams.blogspot.com/

geeksleek

Post by geeksleek » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:49 am

Hello, I don't believe I've introduced myself on here yet. I've been posting in a few threads and really like the site. I love retro games and games in general really. I have my own site, geeksleek.com and an accompanying eBay store too, I encourage you all to give it a look. And I'm always looking for writers! :D
Retro Game Lover!

RichyS

Post by RichyS » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Hello,

RichyS here. Mostly play MAME these days, competitions at Twin Galaxies and MARP. Also a member at ClassicArcadeGaming.com. Played games since Atari 2600, moved on via Spectrum, Atari ST, PC, Sega Mastersystem / Megadrive, PS1 & 2 and currently own a Wii and a 360.

Found this site via the write up of the 2011 UK championships at the Arcadebarn in Exeter. Nice to see lots of UK based classics players.

Cheers all, and good gaming.

RichyS

Combo-Breaker

Post by Combo-Breaker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi there!

Newbie here, big fan of the magazine (love it!), massive fan of retro games/consoles and toys.