Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GMAss

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by GMAss » Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi

GMass here. I'm located in the Highlands of Scotland, hang around NTSC-UK / Rllmukforum but rarely post and I'm a huge Dreamcast fan. I'm also a writer for RetroCollect.

Amosis

Post by Amosis » Tue May 17, 2011 8:01 am

Hello! My name is Haris (here Amosis) and i come from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I am an indie game developer. Also i have a game development studio called Haris Game Studio.
I like rock music and here are some bends: Guns n' Roses (THE BEST), Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Dio, Beatles etc. My favorite game genre is RPG (first) and Platform games. Best game? Well it is Dragon Quest VIII, Contra and Final Fantasy III.

greenpixie

Post by greenpixie » Tue May 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Hello all,
My name is Pixie, I am a photographer however my hobbie/escape from reality of everyday life is retro games. I have a few favorites and slowly but surely building up my collection of retro conoles and games.
What I find so charming about retro video games is they really do take you back to childhool days, and ususally have quite positive connotations which is much welcomed in the hardship of adulthood :P
I am also proud to say I am a global moderator of http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/, which is a new little forum for fellow retro-gamers.
I look foward to spending more time on here and getting to know other retro-lovers!
Pixie

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 am

Hello everyone, good to see you. :D

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Welcome all newbies.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Mr.Saturn

Post by Mr.Saturn » Wed May 25, 2011 5:22 am

Hi, I'm Gerard. Having been somewhat underwhelmed by this generation's offerings, I decided it was fine time to delve into
the other end of the gaming spectrum. It's been fun.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sun May 29, 2011 11:57 am

Hello, I'm Misa. I only just discovered Retro Gamer (thanks to the shiny Zelda cover) but I was pretty amazed by it. So many blasts from the past in there, so now I'm hooked. I collect retro consoles and I also host a gaming radio show called Megabites which has a Retro Review section. I'm not particularly old so a lot of things are before my time, (was born quite a bit after the Megadrive era) but I love looking at things that existed before I did!

Eufeion

Post by Eufeion » Tue May 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Hay I'm Leigh also know as the UK Hardcore Core music producer & DJ "Eufeion"

Consoles over the years were / are: Amiga 500, Megadrive, Gameboy, GameBoy Advance, Game Gear, DS, Dreamcast, N64, Wii, PS1, PS3, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 & prob more.

I'm also the owner of the new Youtube channel - Love For Games UK >> http://www.youtube.com/love4gamesuk
(more vids coming)
Check Out My Video Games Channel - Love 4 Games UK - http://www.youtube.com/love4gamesuk
(Please Subscribe - New Vids Coming Soon)

Gaming will be my first love & it will be my last.......

RBT

Post by RBT » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:22 am

I'm Robert. 25 years old, from England. My first console was a Master System it was given to me by my uncle who got a Mega Drive at launch. I was a Sega fan boy from that day forward going on to collect all there systems. I have been collecting retro games for the past couple of years.

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:06 am

Welcome all! :)

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

lot of new people, nice to see some of you getting involved already. Welcome!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

guv859

Post by guv859 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi, and welcome to Robert, Leigh, Misa, Gerard, Haris and GMass - who all registered after me!

I hope you're all still here? It's a great site, so please stick around and contribute!
Bye

hygiene76

Post by hygiene76 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Hello everyone,my names neil,50/50 modern and retro collecting fan,3do,snk neo geo stuff,snes,limiting myself just to these retro consoles and games i had or never could afford back then.

RetroENZO

Post by RetroENZO » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am

Hi again everyone. I used to come here til a while ago. Apparently my last visit was in 2007! :roll:

Anyway, I thought I'd pop back in and see how everyone's doing again, and see if I can contribute again, even if my visits are a little sporadic.

Geoff
Geoff
Facebook and Twitter

gantux

Post by gantux » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 am

Word.

I am Lee, and I have an unhealthy obsession with Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. I think they are one of the handful of games that got progressively worse with each sequel.....

Still SORII is still pretty quality, but nothing beats Golden Axe for all out carnage.

Any other fanatics out there?......

I also like Streetfighter IISCE, but that is better now on PS3, so don't really play it old skool anymore.....