Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

jdanddiet

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:10 am

Snoppster wrote:Hello all, I've posted a couple of times in the forums, but not really introduced myself, so I thought I'd get round to introducing myself. :)

Originally from Bolton, but I've lived in Manchester for the last 7 yrs. Had my first exposure to games (and programming) via my older brother's Dragon 32 when I was 6 and things just sort of exploded from there.

When I was younger I used to love an array of Spectrum games (Dizzy, Batman the Movie, Chaos) and threw tons of 10p's into Bubble Bobble on the arcades. Later I switched to consoles and got into my Megadrive (Streets of Rage 2 \o/) and eventually Street Fighter 2, which was pretty defining on my 17 year old self. Later I got back into PCs and programming and just generally collected every console/games machine there was. Tried to get into games programming, discovered 3D was just a mind-melt, and went into crappy financial systems programming for a job.

These days I sink my time into online 360 games, WoW, and a smidge of retro. Attended r3play last year and thought it was awesome! :D
welcome snoppster, always room for more Chaos fans!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

martin8777

Post by martin8777 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 am

Hello,

I'm Martin, I'm 34 and been reading Retro Gamer for nearly two years now and absolutely love it. I pretty much gave up on gaming a couple of years back when I moved and no longer had the space for my PS2 and XBox that I had at the time.

Since then, I've gotten back into my gaming via handhelds and some old school stuff on my laptop. I found a mint copy of Civ II in a charity shop for three quid the other week and was also pleased to find my Megadrive at my parents house at Christmas so will be getting back into that once they bring that down to me. I'm looking to get a Mega CD 1 and a power base converter for that to concentrate on some old school Sega gaming.

So, currently my gaming collection consists of:

Ipod Touch
PSP Slim 2000
Nintendo DS Lite
GBA SP
Dingoo A320
Original Gameboy
Gameboy light (Quite rare I think, I got mine in Thailand)

Sega Megadrive I

I'm off work recuperating from some surgery at the moment so seem to have more time than normal to poke about on here so will likely be posting more than before.

cheers,

Martin

martin8777

Post by martin8777 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 am

jdanddiet wrote:
Snoppster wrote:Hello all, I've posted a couple of times in the forums, but not really introduced myself, so I thought I'd get round to introducing myself. :)

Originally from Bolton, but I've lived in Manchester for the last 7 yrs. Had my first exposure to games (and programming) via my older brother's Dragon 32 when I was 6 and things just sort of exploded from there.

When I was younger I used to love an array of Spectrum games (Dizzy, Batman the Movie, Chaos) and threw tons of 10p's into Bubble Bobble on the arcades. Later I switched to consoles and got into my Megadrive (Streets of Rage 2 \o/) and eventually Street Fighter 2, which was pretty defining on my 17 year old self. Later I got back into PCs and programming and just generally collected every console/games machine there was. Tried to get into games programming, discovered 3D was just a mind-melt, and went into crappy financial systems programming for a job.

These days I sink my time into online 360 games, WoW, and a smidge of retro. Attended r3play last year and thought it was awesome! :D
welcome snoppster, always room for more Chaos fans!

Chaos is probably my favourite game of all time. Still play it now on my ipod touch, there used to be an awesome java based speccy emulator (jasper I think it was called) on the web that had it too but I can't find it now.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

Wonderboy avatars always appreciated ;)

Welcome!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

PhoenixAsh

Post by PhoenixAsh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Hello! Name's Simon, and I live in a tiny village near Bournemouth. Although only 21 i've developed a real love of retro gaming, especially in recent years where i've lost a bit of interest in the current generation of home consoles. Retro Gamer has been a magazine I regularly pick up, and the recent second Hardware Handbook was a great piece of work.
I have a particular interest in retro handhelds, with my most recent purchases the NGPC and the Lynx - and i'm trying to pick up the best titles for both. This forum looks an interesting an lively place, and hopefully I can make some fairly regular visits. Thanks for reading.
My 'Retro Revisited' OneADay Blog - http://retrorevisited.tumblr.com/

fingers

Post by fingers » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi, I'm Andy.

not the best at checking previous posts (hence the intro at 50 posts) so i'll apologise for any duplicates in advance.

I never completed resident evil as i borrowed it from my friend and hadn't found the wolf medal when he asked for it back. always wanted to get that off my chest.

constantly confuse the bejesus out my nephews by telling them which playstation button to push when theyre using an xbox??? i think everyone should have to have square, circle, triangle and x. u know it makes sense

recently purchased a NES and just 5 minutes ago bought kirby!! which im really excited about.

loving this site already.

most people put on list of consoles they have. so here's mine

NES
N64
Xbox
Wii
Phillips CDi - with one game - surf city!!

fin

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Welcome everybody
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

FamiDude

Post by FamiDude » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey folks.

Names FamiDude, but you can call me Andy.

Quite a few people here will probably know me, either from various other forums or ebay.

I first got into gaming when I was about 10 years old and I saw a mates Master System for the first time. I was mesmerised and from then on there's been no looking back. I think pretty much every console has been in this house at some point, bar the X68000 series and the Marty.

I originally had one of the biggest Super famicom collections in the UK back in 1999 with a whopping 450+ boxed carts. However, those soon went as I found myself running out of room and having other priorities.

The usual current gen gaming was all I did pretty much until last summer, when along with my pretty 360, I picked up another GBA and the spark was re-ignited.

As well as my 360 & GBA I also have a few Japanese GB & PAL Super Nintendo carts, which I'm slowly getting rid of.

Anyway, that's it for now dudes. See you in the retro gaming threads!
Looking for pretty much any Japanese GBA game!

Rogue Soul

Post by Rogue Soul » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Evenin' Chaps and Chapettes,

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. My real name is 'Alex'. Nearing 30yrs of age.

Been gaming since the late 80's. I'm fascinated by all things SEGA. I currently work for a video gaming website - which has dented my enthusiasm for the 'new' stuff somewhat. Currently (half heartedly & randomly) collecting MegaDrive, Saturn, Dreamcast, MegaCD, 32X games (SMS & GG are not on my radar at the mo).

Loves: Racing, Strategy, Realistic games.
Hates: Pokemon, JRPG's, Missing Manuals.
MinorTrivia: Bought a fair chunk of Darran@Retro Gamer's Dreamcast collection last year.
Prized Possession: Shemue [Dreamcast (PAL)] signed by Yu Suzuki.

I can also be found milling around on forums/sites like: rllmuk & gamestyle. Watching xfile2708's youtube vids encouraged me to sign up here.

Have a nice day! :D

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:47 pm

welcome famidude and rogue soul.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Rogue Soul wrote:Hates: Pokemon, JRPG's, Missing Manuals.
Missing manuals are the bane of my life. *crossface*
Kudos on the sega collecting. Welcome to you and Famidude!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Rogue Soul

Post by Rogue Soul » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:12 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
Rogue Soul wrote:Hates: Pokemon, JRPG's, Missing Manuals.
Missing manuals are the bane of my life. *crossface*
Kudos on the sega collecting. Welcome to you and Famidude!
Thanks for the welcome!

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 am

Hello,

I'm astaroth.

I've been to a few meets and have met some people from here. Markopoloman is also my boyfriend, just incase anyone was curious?

Flit between collecting for many systems (Super Famicom, then Master System, then Gamecube) but have now settled on the SNES.

Big into modifying. Have made a custom xbox360, region/language switch mods, internal Dreamcast VGA ports etc, and am just in the process of making switchless mods to SNES, Megadrive and Saturn. Oh, and will soon be making a southpaw xbox360 controller mod for a left hooker friend.

Thanks for listening, now it's back to the soldering iron!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:36 pm

astaroth wrote:Hello,

I'm astaroth.

I've been to a few meets and have met some people from here. Markopoloman is also my boyfriend, just incase anyone was curious?
Yeah, I've always suspected as much. :lol:

Didn't expect to see you here. :D
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

pforson

Post by pforson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 am

Hi. My names Pete and I'm a Retroholic.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)