Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Rinoa

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Rinoa » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 am

Lots of new people recently. Hello to all! :)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 am

Nemesis wrote:Hello there, I'm Gavin Eke aka "Nemesis", age 36. Been into gaming since March 1984 when my parents bought me a ZX Speccy for my birthday & I haven't looked back. The Spectrum & original Playstation are my favourite consoles with many of my most fondly remembered titles to boot.
Another Speccy fan, good on ya ! You should go to www.myspeccy.com , free to sign up to, play Speccy games online and it keeps your high score in the leaderboard, great site. Of course theres always www.worldofspectrum.org as well

Martin Steen

Post by Martin Steen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 am

Hello,

my name is Martin and I live in Braunschweig/Germany. In the 80ties, I played all the classic arcade games:
Defender, Dig Dug, Moon Patrol, Galaga, Centipede, Tempest, Rip Off, Asteroids.

Back in the 90ties, I did remakes of some classic games like Asteroids, Defender and Pac Man for
the Atari Falcon computer.

Greetings, Martin
Last edited by Martin Steen on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:16 am

Nemesis wrote:Hello there, I'm Gavin Eke aka "Nemesis", age 36. Been into gaming since March 1984 when my parents bought me a ZX Speccy for my birthday & I haven't looked back. The Spectrum & original Playstation are my favourite consoles with many of my most fondly remembered titles to boot.

Being a huge Capcom fan, their support for various consoles has even influenced my hardware purchase (that didn't stretch as far as the Sega Saturn unfortunately).

Games I'd like to play, but haven't include, Guardian Heroes, D&D Capcom fighters, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs & any other scrolling fighters by Capcom.

I do have other interests too but I'm tired now so am going to stop typing :) Bye!
Welcome another speccy dude cool

In order to continue posting here, however, you will have to change your username to Gradius. Sorry roolz is roolz.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Retrowadie

Post by Retrowadie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm

I am Andrew from Yorkshire and i collect anything Nintendo Entertainment system onwards
Learning to solder as have 5 broken GameGears ;p

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Martin Steen wrote:Hello,

my name is Martin and I live in Braunschweig/Germany. In the 80ties, I played all the classic arcade games:

Back in the 90ties, I did remakes of some classic games like Asteroids, Defender and Pac Man for

Greetings, Martin
Welcome, I presume you know about MAME - arcade emulator where you can play those classic games again ? Love those early ones you mentioned, some great games.

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Martin Steen wrote:Hello,

Greetings, Martin
Wilkommen :)

Tolles Hobby haste, ich bin be-eindrückt :p

Crappy haven't-spoken-in-4-years German ftw.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

Martin Steen

Post by Martin Steen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Welcome, I presume you know about MAME - arcade emulator where you can play those classic games again ? Love those early ones you mentioned, some great games.

Yes of course I know MAME, it's great! When I think of all thew money I put into arcade-machines during the 80ties.. and now you can
play all those games for free! :D

Martin Steen

Post by Martin Steen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Dennoman wrote: Wilkommen :)

Tolles Hobby haste, ich bin be-eindrückt :p

Crappy haven't-spoken-in-4-years German ftw.
Danke, haste aber schön gesagt! :D

Here is a screenshot of my Pac Man clone from 1994:
(probably the first Pac Man clone with truecolor-graphics).

Viele Grüße
Best regards
Martin

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:27 pm

That looks awesome dude :)

Maybe you could post a link to all that stuff up in your sig so we can all enjoy at our leisure? :)

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

PanzerGeneral

Post by PanzerGeneral » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 pm

PanzerGeneral is in da house.

Started on a Teleng colourstar TV game, then onto Atari2600, TI/99/4A, Mattel Aquarius, Colecovision, Atari 800xl, Speccy,another 800xl with 1050 dd, CBM 128, Speccy+, Amiga, NES, SNES, Megadrive,MegaCD,Master system convertor,PC, N64, Playstation 2.

Also collected 3 Vic20's, 2 CBM64's, BBC model B+, BBC Master128, Spectrum 16K, Spectrum+, Spectrum 2, Tandy CoCo2, TRS80, ZX81, Spectravideo sv328, Yamaha MSX, Tandy MC10, Exidy sorceror, CPC464 and an Apple IIe

Machines I would love to get my mits on a would include- Tandy CoCo3, Memotech MTX512, TI/99/8, Color Genie and a Nascom 2 or 3 - possibly with an Enterprise 128 thrown in for pudding!

Favourite games would include Robotron 2084, Terra Cresta, Civilisation, Panzer General 2!, Sim City, Championship Manager 2, River Raid, Pitfall 1+2, H.E.R.O, Zelda ,Mario 3 and Marioworld, Mercenary, Rescue on Fractalus and the Biggy - ELITE!!!!!!!!!!.

Magazines I loved back in the day included early C&VG, TV Gamer, BigK, Home Computing Weekly, Personal Computer World, Games computing.

Magazines I hated - Crash,ZZZap and later versions of C&VG (if I wanted to read F**king comics I'd have got myself a copy of the Beano).

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello all

I'm HelenS and I remember being amazed at Pong in the 70's but it was at college in the early 80's (electronics course) when I first encountered the likes of Phoenix and Space Invaders that I decided I loved them. (Yes they may have been out for a few years by then but I hadn't seen them).

I purchased a Spectrum (now stored in its box in my loft with it's data recorder) and had hours of naive fun. The novelty wore off though and I stuck to the arcade games in pubs for a while.

Over the years I bought a few consoles and games, Sonic still tends to be my favourite, which again are dotted around the house. Nowadays I have the Wii for a laugh at home and the DS for when on the move. I love seeing the old games of my teenage years and your site seems a great place to start to revisit those times.

Nowadays most of my free time is spent on something to do with wrestling (yes I am a little mad) or photography or both but will always find time for a game or two when the mood takes me.

I may not be the most prolific poster in the world but if I have something to say I usually do but please bear with me if I look an idiot at times, it's the way I am. Haha.

HelenS

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 pm

you had a speccy but hated Crash? weird, but welcome anyhow, and to HelenS!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:37 am

Great magazine.. though i've known about it for about 6 months, i've only just signed up for a subscription after buying old back issues from ebay and friends.
Been doing my own Youtube thing for awhile so first heard about the mag through Lorfarius, ianwilson1978 and of course, RetroGamerDaz.

I own alot of systems, I wont bore you with a list, but some my favourites are PC Engine, Jap Saturn, Dreamcast, Super Famicom and NES (going for a complete UKV serial collection). Big into Shmups currently and just purchased Radiant Silvergun, to the sound of screams from my bank account.

Anyhow just wanted to throw you all a hello.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:04 am

AmidstStorm wrote:
Anyhow just wanted to throw you all a hello.
...and a hello thrown back. :)