Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Tapey297

Post by Tapey297 » Fri May 26, 2006 6:54 am

Hi Guys

My Name is Dan Tape and originally I come from cornwall. Now I am a 27 year old scientist living in Hertfordshire.

I own a C64, Megadrive, A1200 (bought recently on the bay), PS1 and PS2 although I tend to play the amiga more at the moment.

See Ya

Wickywacky

Post by Wickywacky » Sat May 27, 2006 8:42 am

I m Kris, a 30 year old Belgian Eurocrat living in Lisbon for a month.

Favourite games: SB2, Master of Magic - IMHO the best GOD game ever made-, Heroes of Might & Magic I & II, Imperialism, Future Basketball, Dead Ball Zone, Brutal Sports Football, Chaos Engine, Syndicate, Nuclear Wars and Monster Rancher I.

Indeed I seem to have developed a penchant for god sims, death sports football variants, games where you can inflict an insame amount of bodycount, and oddball games where you raise animals... All of which is quirky because I am an peacenick atheist who hates to watch football, who has vowed never to keep pets.

I also deeply into funk & soul music
All night, all day on the funk
All day, all night on the funk

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon May 29, 2006 1:57 pm

Hello Tapey297 & Wickywacky.........

Welcome to the RG forums :D

You guys long time RG readers?

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon May 29, 2006 2:59 pm

Wickywacky wrote:I m Kris, a 30 year old Belgian Eurocrat living in Lisbon for a month.

Favourite games: SB2, Master of Magic - IMHO the best GOD game ever made-, Heroes of Might & Magic I & II, Imperialism, Future Basketball, Dead Ball Zone, Brutal Sports Football, Chaos Engine, Syndicate, Nuclear Wars and Monster Rancher I.

Indeed I seem to have developed a penchant for god sims, death sports football variants, games where you can inflict an insame amount of bodycount, and oddball games where you raise animals... All of which is quirky because I am an peacenick atheist who hates to watch football, who has vowed never to keep pets.

You'd probably love Speedball 2 then...
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

C4

Re:

Post by C4 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Wickywacky wrote:I m Kris, a 30 year old Belgian Eurocrat living in Lisbon for a month.

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

Wickywacky

Re:

Post by Wickywacky » Tue May 30, 2006 3:52 am

C4 wrote:DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!
That would have hurt my feelings if I didn't know you had nothing but TLC for me.

But it's allright, I forgive you
All night, all day on the funk
All day, all night on the funk

hanging

Re:

Post by hanging » Tue May 30, 2006 10:45 am

ZeroCipher wrote:Hi my name is Barney been reading Retro Mag since issue one.

I own the following systems:
Spectrum 48k
Spectrum 128k + 2
Atari 2600 (wood finish)
Atari Lynx
Master System (MK1 & 2)
Mega Drive (MK1)
Game Gear
Saturn
Dreamcast
NES
SNES
Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Colour, Advance and SP)
Game Cube
Playstation 1 and 2
XBox
I also have a Datel Arcade Power Base (Basically an arcade machine that plugs into a TV) and obviously a PC.

I'm an avid collector of games (Retro and New)

In my spare time I work as a Web Designer, I'm also in a band we have a few albums out and we travel the country performing music that only Satan himself would approve of (www.zerocipher.com & www.myspace.com/zerocipher) Currently trying to sell our sounds to games companies. I also DJ (Rock, Metal, DnB) and I like to hunt for Ghosts.
I know your band - quality entertainment.
Abandonrom Paradise - Back one day.....
DaFastLane - news, views and random babble

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:03 am

Hi, I'm Oli, i'm 18 and have just finished A2 levels, going on to university hopefully at Cardiff or Sheffield.

Other than gaming my hobbies are music from Hardcore punk > Hardcore Dance/Trance, going out with the lads, my girlfriend, records collecting and footie.

Gaming wise I have a C64, NES, SNES, Master System, Megadrive II, Saturn, Dreamcast, an Xbox and PC obviously. Oh and musn't for get a Game Gear and Gameboy. Shoot em ups are probably my favourite genre with the Saturn being the console of choice.

ZeroCipher

Re:

Post by ZeroCipher » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:09 am

hanging wrote:I know your band - quality entertainment.
hehe good stuff!
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:02 am

I haven't posted here yet so here goes:

Hi I'm Cornelius, 22. The first games I ever played were Space Invaders and Pac Man on my big brother's Atari2600. I grew up during the Sonic vs Mario rivalry while formats such as the ZX Spectrum were things I heard about in stories until I unlocked Jetpac in DK64. Always been a Nintendo fan and am interested in retro gaming in general also. So much to learn and play so little time...

(Better late than never I guess)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:22 am

I'm Paul, used to live down south for most of my life, moved up 2 years ago to be with the now wife. Live near Bury in Lancashire.

In the heyday had a Speccy/Amiga/Megadrive/Playstation. Love older retro games specially the Speccy.

Love emulators and its great to see retro gaming so popular again. Play emulators on my favourite bit of kit - My MAME bartop and also a Pocket PC as i work away from home a fair chunk.

Love football/american footy/cider and love listening to most indie music specially Oasis who i go to see on tour regularly.

Still amazes me that i can play all these retro classics, all different platforms, see scanned magazines from the heyday and so on. Got all the RGamers and enjoy them all.

rainbird rich

Post by rainbird rich » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:42 am

Oops - only just noticed this topic!

My name's Richard and many years ago I used to work for Telecomsoft (Firebird, Rainbird, Silverbird), then Mirrorsoft, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and then freelance for Virgin Games, Mindscape International, Domark, Warner Interactive, Renegade, EA, etc. Still have plenty of friends and ex-colleagues who work in the industry.

Text adventures were my main bag, and I wrote an Adventure helpline section on BBC2 CEEFAX for 18 months during 1986/1987 before I got into the games biz. I also wrote a two-part adventure that was published by Zenobi in the late 80's.

I own a large collection of old micros and consoles, much to the puzzlement of my wife!

I haven't done any work in the games industry for quite a long time now, but have had half a dozen articles published so far in the old and the new RG mag. I also maintain the Bird Sanctuary website to keep the old memories alive! :)
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:26 am

Although I've been posting for a week or so I have only just stumbled accross this:

By day, I'm an IT Technician/Engineer/System Administrator.
I am a DJ in my spare time and an avid gamer/retro collector

I own the following systems:

ZX Spectrum+ 128K
ZX Spectrum +2A
ZX Spectrum +3
Amstrad CPC 464
Amstrad CPC 6168
Amstrad CPC 464 + (Game Station cast off - they couldn't sell it)
Amstrad GX4000
Commodore 16
Commodore 64
Commodore 128 (Ooh! What a find this was!)
Commodore C64GS (C64 based games console - can't find the games though)
Acorn Archemiedes A3010
Amiga 500
Amiga 500+
Amiga 600HD
Amiga 1200
Amiga 1200T (customized Amiga 1200 Power Tower conversion)
Amiga CD32
Atari 520STfm (I have 2 of these - both the double sided disk drive version)
SNES (Super Ninento)
Sega Master System (Master System I - NOT the cheaper ver II model)
Sega Mega Drive (a.k.a. Sega Genesis in US - I have the Mega Drive II)
Sega Game Gear (with the TV Tuner - slightly rare addon)
Sega Multi Mega (portable Mega Drive & Mega CD in one - small enough to use as a CD walkman - but a little chunky by today's standards)
Amstrad Mega-PC (nice hybrid Mega Drive & PC)
Philips Videopac G7000
Neo Geo Pocket Colour (what a cool hand-held this is!)
BBC Micro Model B
Sinclair ZX81
Atari Jaguar (but unfortuanatly no CD addon)
Sony Playstation (mk I model - some of these had dodgy CD drives)
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Nintendo N64

& the newer stuff

Sony Playstation 2
Microsoft XBOX - not working, DVD drive mech has failed
Ninento GameCube (& Gameboy Player addon, allowing you to play GBA, GBC, GB games on it)
Ninento Gameboy Advance SP - no charger!

& a mate of mine has just offered me a Dragon 32 but I don't know anything about these.

What a collection - I'm kinda running out of room at home now.

Also (being a DJ) I collect alot of Dance music vinyl, mostly funky house & happy hardcore (but only HH from 94-98, not that new freeform hardcore :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )

JMK853

He to all

Post by JMK853 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:33 am

Hi
My name is Jim. And I am a retroholic.

( I am addicted to retrohol)

I live in the eightes and refuse to come out!.

Every time I walk past a calander I close my eyes and refuse to look.
When someone mentions the date, I stick my fingers in my ears and sing 'Total eclipse of the heart' at the top of my voice.

I strapped a brick to the back of my mobile, and painted my room black.

Every now and then I contact my parents and shout at them, that they repress me, and its not fair.

But now they just stare back and say "that's nice... any more spongecake".

JIM
The past is the future

woody.cool

Re: He to all

Post by woody.cool » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:10 am

JMK853 wrote:Hi
My name is Jim. And I am a retroholic.

( I am addicted to retrohol)

I live in the eightes and refuse to come out!.

Every time I walk past a calander I close my eyes and refuse to look.
When someone mentions the date, I stick my fingers in my ears and sing 'Total eclipse of the heart' at the top of my voice.

I strapped a brick to the back of my mobile, and painted my room black.

Every now and then I contact my parents and shout at them, that they repress me, and its not fair.

But now they just stare back and say "that's nice... any more spongecake".

JIM
I think we need a new thread title RA - Retroholics Annonymous.
I'm kinda like that myself, my mates laugh when we're in the car, cos I tend lot listen to 70's & 80's pop music in my motor. I still use a cassette walkman when I got out for a walk even though I own an iPod.

I also buy a blank tape every time I buy a CD.
At work I'm an IT technician and I'm supposed to be the height of technology, but when I'm working on the latest hardware in my office, I trundle over to the little HiFi and put a tape on which makes my work mates laugh really loudly. I also have an Amiga 500 in the opposite corner of my office. Just sitting there looking pretty.

We are in the progress of migrating from a Windows NT domain to a Windows 2003 domain and sometime I get really pissed off with Windows so I put my Amiga on and prat around for about 20 minutes before resuming my job. I usually end up putting some seriously good demos on.