Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Darran@Retro Gamer

Introduce yourself

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:48 pm

We're very keen to have a friendly community at Retro Gamer, so feel free to introduce yourself to us. I'd tell you who I am but you all know already ;)

And here is a photo of forum members taken at the 2010 Replay Expo...

01 - TMR
02 - markopoloman
03 - meaty70
04 - Thompson9980
05 - Dam
06 - filecore
07 - Scapegoat
08 - supermario
09 - Chinnico
10 - RetroKingSimon
11 - Antiriad
12 - ReroBob
13 - witchfinder
14 - SirClive
15 - Tepid Snake
16 - boggyb
17 - Joey
18 - MohicanKid
19 - pforson
20 - Twoheadedboy
21 - Sputryk
22 - felgekarp
23 - Boyo
24 -
25 -
26 - chun-li
27 -
28 -
29 - StarshipUK
31 - retrogarden
32 - woody.cool
33 - WildWillyWilson
34 - Ralph Milne's Left Foot
35 - merman
36 - Cauterize
37 - Lofarius
38 -
39 - rinoa
40 - resident paul
41 - RetroRik
42 - sscott
43 - gingerpenguins (homgrans girlfriend)
44 - Homgran
45 - Edwards80
46 - retrogamefest
47 - helensification
48 -
49 - vinny from RCM
50 - Kick Energy Ka! (honourary member)

Swainy

Post by Swainy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:12 pm

Swainy, co owner of http://www.gamestyle.net and friend of Darran.

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:20 pm

Andy Vaisey: Member of Funkscientist Productions, writer of reviews for OldSchool-Gaming and one half of the Compilation64 partnership. Check my sig for the links... 8)

Owned a C64 since 1984, A500 since 1989 and (souped up) 1200 since 1993. Also have a PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, XBox and GBA, along with 2 main PC's (WinXp and Linux), both of which run a multitude of OS's virtually. I run my own Win2K3 Server as well.

Also, proud owner of all issues of RG up until Live's demise, including issue 1.
Last edited by andy vaisey on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:49 pm

Lee Theasby - Compilation64 co-person, Lemon64, Lemon Amiga, Def Guide to ZZAP! moderator (plus a few others!), Def Tribute To ZZAP reviewer (and also on the new Retro Survival CD).

I've owned a C64 for twenty years with quite a few games. I've also picked up a lot of other computers and consoles since then and love playing most types of games on any system (though I am not a big fan of RPG's.)

I also own a huge magazine collection - Gaming, Movie and Music mags. Out of the gaming mags, I have all/most issues of ZZAP!, CRASH, TGM, Your Sinclair, SU, C&VG, Commodore Format and various other issues. Oh anmd every issue of RG and Games (TM) (including the special one-off's)

As mentioned before, I visit quite a few forums and get on with most people.

Think that's about it! :)
Last edited by LeeT on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:55 pm

I am Ash, moderator/admin on ASSEMblergames and GamesTM forums (respectively) aquaintance (if I may be so bold) or Daz via the interweb. Collector of any old crap I can get my hands on, currently with a handheld fetish.

Fandenivoldsk

Post by Fandenivoldsk » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:21 am

Flemming Dupont is my name, and I own/play on these systems:

Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga, white Sega Saturn, jap SNES, Sega WonderMega, Sega MegaJet, Sega Dreamcast, NeoGeo CD, PC Engine Duo-RX, FamiCom, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, N64 with Doctor64, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, PSP.

... yes, an Xbox is next on my wishlist... :wink:

Also own every single issue of the first run of Retro Gamer! (and a lot of old Zzap! 64 somewhere in the basement)

Hungry Horace

Post by Hungry Horace » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:23 am

Hola!

My name is Nick and...I like retro games.

/polite applause.

I'm 30 and seem to have lost two decades. I remember seeing Sabre Wulf and Manic Miner on a friend's Speccy, and from there, it is but a blur.

I run an indie games site at www.gameheckler.co.uk.

Pleasure to meet you all; I like the sense of community here. A lot of other games forums are full of idiots willy-waving about their HD TVs and imported setups, and full of abuse and other trolls.

I think we're all safe here...
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:50 am

Hi all. I'm Morkin, 34 & a keen gamer of both modern & retro games. I started gaming back in the late 1970's & I'm still playing them today. Although I did have a brief 'gaming break' in the '80's when I started my first job. And I bought Retro Gamer from Issue 1, so I'm really glad that it's back, along with this forum.

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 am

Bloody hell!! I really should have updated this ages ago. I'm no longer 23 and I don't live in Wakefield any more. Tut tut. I now live in Bournemouth and work on Retro Gamer's sister mag, gamesTM. I'm now 25 but I'll probably be 27 by the time anyone else reads this.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Shining Force, cheesy Asian cinema and heavy metal music. If anyone's a fan of Iced Earth, by the way, then start a thread in OT or send me a PM. It's always good to meet fellow heavy metal maniacs.
Last edited by Ash on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

merman

Post by merman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 pm

Hi, I'm Andrew Fisher aka Merman aka Professor Brian Strain.

I'm a veteran C64 user, 31 years old and a freelance writer. I had several articles in Old Retro Gamer and have articles in New Retro Gamer.

I am also editor-in-chief (general scapegoat, organiser, forum moderator) of the Retro Survival CD collecting together articles from the "missing" issue 19 of Old Retro Gamer - www.retrosurvival.co.uk - and I hope you've all bought at least 1 copy!

AdamDawes

Post by AdamDawes » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:06 pm

I'm Adam Dawes, programmer, gamer and retro-enthusiast.

I contributed several articles to Retro Gamer in the past and was also involved (in a small way) with the Retro Survival CD. Have recently had a little boy so my time is a bit stretched at the moment. :)

Recent programming projects including my retro-inspired game Highway Pursuit, and a rather pretty (if I do say so myself) screen saver called Polymorf3D (and I'm currently working on a new and much prettier version -- coming soon!)

I'm a big games fan, spending much of my free time playing new games on the PC. Retro games have a special place in my heart though, and I recently bought an old arcade cabinet and restored it to make a MAME machine. It's one of my favourite possessions and always takes people by surprise when they come to visit.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:25 pm

Well I figure most of you know me anyhow... as generally I get myself involved in too many things to be able to cope :P

Recently did all the design/coding work for the Retro Survival CD, and wrote several articles for the old Retro Gamer. Going further back, I have contributions in Edge, Superplay, Oracle Teletext (remember the BUZZ section?), Zzap!64 and Commodore User.

Currently I'm part of the Gamebase64 team and Peter Rittwage's crusade to preserve original disks. I'm currently single-handedly trying to finish v2 of Gamebase20 (for the Vic20). I also head up the collection guide lists for C64, Vic20 and Neo Geo Pocket Color over at Digital Press. Hopefully when Xmas ticks over, I'll have some time to write articles for new Retro Gamer.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:50 pm

Hi, i'm Ben and i'm another who's come over from the Gamestm forum. Im a bit of a sega fanboy it has to be said, but am desperate to get more into SNK/neo geo when i've got the money. And maybe buy some stuff for my ninty consoles eventually...

RetroEd

Post by RetroEd » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:27 am

Hi all. I'm Ed and have popped over from GamesTM forum after I saw Darrans post in the Retro forum. I am also registered on rllmuk, NTSC-UK, gamesradar, gamepulse, etc, but don't tend to post very much.

I am 23, married, living in Cornwall, working in Plymouth, Devon. I am a bit of a Nintendo fan, but I wouldn't class myself as a 'fan boy'. I started out on the awesome Speccy, and my love affair with video games just grew and grew.

I have quite a large collection of boxed & complete SNES games, along with a whole host of other games / consoles. None of it is particularly rare, but each as enjoyable as can be, and hold a lot of fond memories.

Cheers. :)

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:45 am

Hi everyone - sure I said that in another post somwhere!

I'm Mark and am here from RS and RP forums - also the old RG forum :)

C64 fanboy and speccy winderupererererer :o
Also love the Amiga/NeoGeo/PCEngine/Saturn/Dreamcast and most other systems!

er - i'm 35, married with just the 5 kids and live very close to Retro Gamers new HQ :shock:

Wonderful! 8)