Lost Season 2 - Spoiler alert

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

psj3809

Lost Season 2 - Spoiler alert

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:50 am

Anyone seen the final two episodes of Lost ?

Got a clue whats happening ?!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue May 30, 2006 9:20 am

Soon, i'm only up to episode 20.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Mad Gerald

Post by Mad Gerald » Tue May 30, 2006 9:33 am

I've seen them, and im still confused!

LOL

Officially a crap gamer - but one that works for SEGA

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue May 30, 2006 12:57 pm

I finished watching them 30 mins ago, I think we're all going to be confused until the very end, and even then it probably won't be resolved.

Does anyone know when Season 3 starts?

GetDexter

Post by GetDexter » Tue May 30, 2006 2:26 pm

Has anyone read H G Wells 'The Island Of Dr Moreau' ??

Lost is a rip-off of that.

Sort of.

Well, the weird polar bear thing was ripped off from that book. Also, I think the invisible entity in the forest is a reflection of the sexual awakening of one of the female cast ( see Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' or that serious Leslie Nielson film 'The Forbidden Planet')
As requested by the Tw@t himself - his account was Hijacked and has had a change of password.

Sorry Dexter!

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Tue May 30, 2006 2:39 pm

Watched Season One and was hooked. Watched three episodes of Season Two and said "Meh." before turning off the TV and loading up 'Mercenaries' instead. I can't put my finger on why, but I've gone from being hooked to totally apathetic in the space of those three episodes. Anyone else liked Season One but couldn't get into Season Two?
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue May 30, 2006 4:04 pm

Season 2 is just amazing. Can't wait for Season 3 (starting September/October). The only thing I fear is that they'll flog it to death until they run out of ideas and, which IMO will be this season, or when the viewing figures drop. It's not got the scope of say The X-Files which lasted nearly a decade.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue May 30, 2006 4:55 pm

revgiblet wrote:Watched Season One and was hooked. Watched three episodes of Season Two and said "Meh." before turning off the TV and loading up 'Mercenaries' instead. I can't put my finger on why, but I've gone from being hooked to totally apathetic in the space of those three episodes. Anyone else liked Season One but couldn't get into Season Two?
I was the same as you but I continued downloading them for my girlfriend who kept raving about it. One day I was bored and watched 3 more episodes and got hooked again. This Season is a bit of a slow burner, give it another go.....

RetroBob Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2 is just amazing. Can't wait for Season 3 (starting September/October). The only thing I fear is that they'll flog it to death until they run out of ideas and, which IMO will be this season, or when the viewing figures drop. It's not got the scope of say The X-Files which lasted nearly a decade.

If Lost runs more than 4 years I'll eat my hat, or I would if I owned one.[/quote]

preownedgames.co.uk

Re:

Post by preownedgames.co.uk » Tue May 30, 2006 5:04 pm

revgiblet wrote:Watched Season One and was hooked. Watched three episodes of Season Two and said "Meh." before turning off the TV and loading up 'Mercenaries' instead. I can't put my finger on why, but I've gone from being hooked to totally apathetic in the space of those three episodes. Anyone else liked Season One but couldn't get into Season Two?
I got bored at the end of series one when I realised it wasn't actually going anywhere.
Preowned Games - Buy games that other people are bored with.

Elgin_McQueen

Re:

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue May 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Trust me, I after those first 3 or 4 episodes had no intention of watchin ever again either they really are censored but after that the series does get good, great in fact with the episode of Hurley in the hospital. :D :D
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed May 31, 2006 4:57 am

Aren't they supposed to keep it going for 5 seasons?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:11 am

I heard it was for 4 seasons. I hope they dont flog it to death, i used to like it a lot but very often not much happens. As always it was a good finish to the season but i still hardly know anything about the Others but i've heard season 3 is much more about them

The flashbacks i find very boring after a while, one minute theres a polar bear, then nothing is mentioned about that for ages, then weird smoke, again nothing mentioned about that and so on . Too many unanswered questions, i'll keep watching as theres not much else good on TV but its definately wearing thin

Mad Gerald

Re:

Post by Mad Gerald » Wed May 31, 2006 6:33 am

psj3809 wrote: The flashbacks i find very boring after a while, one minute theres a polar bear, then nothing is mentioned about that for ages, then weird smoke, again nothing mentioned about that and so on . Too many unanswered questions, i'll keep watching as theres not much else good on TV but its definately wearing thin
I totally agree with you on all those points. Its not as good as 24 (which has a cracker of an ending to series 5). At the end of each 24 ep, it leaves you wanting more - i don't get that most of the time from watching Lost. The "previously on lost" bits really really fecking annoy me.

Officially a crap gamer - but one that works for SEGA

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed May 31, 2006 7:12 am

TBH, that's why I liked watching episodes other folk have downloaded and passed on to me, one episode at a time it can get really dull, especially with some of the flashbacks, but 3 or 4 really let you get into it.

I'd read it was gonna be 4 series too, and also that they knew how it was gonna end, just has to figure out how to get there.

Know what you mean about the Polar Bear and the like, season 2 where the girls find the thing Claire is dreaming about, and they don't bother telling anyone, get's a bit ridiculous at some points.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:37 am

I dont really enjoy watching something which doesnt trigger my brain at all but so many times with Lost its the opposite, like 'why the hell did....' etc.

A few good surprises over the last 5 episodes but sooo many unanswered questions !

As for 24, i'm a new convert, watched seasons 1-3 so now have 4-5 to watch at some point. Just finished watching Prison Break so my tv schedule now is pretty empty what with Sopranos having a break also and Lost over.