What happens when you die?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Shinobi

Re: What happens when you die?

Post by Shinobi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:29 pm

krusty40 wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience, i really wouldnt advise doing an ouija board that thing is incredibly dangerous and its even feared by people who have no religious beliefs whatsoever. You dont know what youre opening yourself up to or who you could get in contact with, they seem to attract the most malicious and wicked spirits who disguise themselves as a loved one of dead friend of the person making contact. People have got into a lot of trouble from using them.
We had loads of trouble after that.. We kept seeing this Black Man with a mad afro and a blond Woman.. Luckily they have since gone but the brown haired girl has always been here.. My friend was left a cross by his nan after she died and the cross kept getting turned upside down.. He was a body builder and he was crying the one day it was caring so much.. He also said that dead on 6:00 every day a man in a old fashioned police uniform walked up to his house and his family would see him.. They would go outside and he would be gone.. My friend also brought a book up from our school, the school was shut down and it was like a tribute book.. Went down the Arcade to play Captain Commando came back page is open on the first six formers from the seventy.. Same guy and woman I saw in the house.. With a note below the woman naming her as 'Viviene Smith' saying was run over and killed driving her bike from work

We also had a vase smash without being moved, lights turned on hear a woman's voice and my Aunts Yorkshire could feel somebody in the house, as she mysteriously kept locked in the upstairs rooms..

This did a very good job of convincing quite a few people who didn't believe in a afterlife there was as well as scaring the life out of them.. They also told there relatives and learned they had similar experiences..

I can't prove any of this to you, short of inviting you to my house.. But I guess that's why the afterlife holds such a fascination as you never know until you die.. But many people have had near death experiences.. And they say the body dies when you sleep who knows..

Just off topic did you used to post on Computer And Video games forum I had a friend on there from Ireland who used to post a lot.. You remind me off him:) I wasn't Shinobi on those forums:)
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh PLEASE give us your blessing to use a ouija board, oh mighty, all-knowing Krusty.

PLEASE!
Thoughts and prayers.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Fred83 wrote:been a history fan meself,and all this talk about supernatural powers and the undead,you should read about "papa doc",an infamous tyrant from haiti,he used to put the fear of god into his people by claiming to have zombie warriors and useing them to kill the enemy
He used some sort of plant that would stop there hearts to make everybody think they where dead and then bury them.. Later he would dig them up they would be in a transfixed/zombie state.. Same with Vlad Tepes/Vlad the Impaler/Dracula he used to impale his victim with a pole through there backside and out of there mouth, and hang them over his dinner table and drink there blood.. And everybody thought he was supernatural
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sigma

Post by Sigma » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Even if spirits did exist it's not like they've ever killed anyone before seeing as they lack a physical body of any description, even if you could summon them forth with a bit of plastic but I don't see why that would work.

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Wow thats quite an experience with seeing all those visions after using the board. Its hard to take in!

Now im not for a second saying that you are making it up, and i only ask the next question based on what i would do, but i have to ask: Did you not start to go mad? Im a logical and reasonable person and i know if i started seeing phantom visitors and strange visions etc i would be paralytic to my core and probably go insane with fear, yet you mention these events as nonchalantly as if you were going through your shopping list! Again im not patronising you, i dont know your circumstances maybe youre a sensitive with many visions but i definitely think most people would not be able to deal with such an onslaught?

Your house sounds like a very interesting place and would probably confirm my afterlife belief! Maybe i should pop over there sometime. Its all fascinating, so many poeple have views that are food for thought.

P.S. No i never posted on CVG Forum. :D
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:53 pm

shouldnt this be on them spirtual forums?

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Fred83 wrote:shouldnt this be on them spirtual forums?
Do such things exist ha? It is a great topic if i do say so myself. :D

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:50 pm

necronom wrote: Because there isn't anything after this, which means you HAVE to plan your life and have a good one, otherwise you've ballsed it up, and there is no "continue". Why would it NOT motivate you if this is it?

I'm not aware of any evidence. It's just either made up, or people's imagination/mind playing tricks on them.

You seem awfully convinced, no actually 101% damn sure that there is nothing after this life. Yet as you seem to know all the answers to it all and countless millions of worshipers throughout history from the Red Indians to the modern day Hindu's are obviously completely misguided, so could could tell me please how life came about, you know, the old chestnut "where did matter come from, and how did it materialise from nothing". I would like to see your evidence please! It's a real head fuk when you think deeply about it..

The only REAL fact is you don't know for sure as we are not in control of these things.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:57 pm

It's starnge how our minds are conditioned to 'switch off' to that train of thought , isnt it?
We just can't handle the old 'which came first' scenario , and so we try not to think about it.
It's like thinking of eternity - I mean FOREVER and EVER - we just can't coprehend such things, so we try not to think about them

Regardless of whether there is life after death , I agree with necronom in that we should make the most of this one
cos regardless of how many lives we've got , we only get one rapidly diminishing health bar on this level
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:11 am

C=Style wrote:all and countless millions of worshipers throughout history from the Red Indians to the modern day Hindu's are obviously completely misguided
Well at least you got something right ;)

Creation doesn't need a creator, just physics. We don't know how it works yet, its possible we'll never know (the human mind can't conceive of absolute 'nothing' at the moment, we tend to think of a vacuum but that's a 'something'), but a creator is the most unlikely option of all. For starters, if theer's a creator, then they didn't create everything, as they pre-exist, nullifying their own claim to be creator.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sigma

Post by Sigma » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:38 am

Unless there was a creator who created that creator and another one who created him and so on into infinity and beyond.

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:49 am

Sigma wrote:Unless there was a creator who created that creator and another one who created him and so on into infinity and beyond.
And thats why the question remains the most enduring mystery ever, there doesnt seem to be any total agreement on what lies beyond. It boils down to your personal beliefs on religion and faith etc. Beliefs which im sure are tested strongly throughout life, its often really hard to see how your religion is relevant in the modern world but i guess thats the challenge...

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:35 am

krusty40 wrote: Your house sounds like a very interesting place and would probably confirm my afterlife belief! Maybe i should pop over there sometime...
*At the sound of a knock on his door, Shinobi pulls the curtains and turns off the lights & TV. He peers out to see a silohette of a clown at the front door, bearing what looks like a hoover and a crucifix. He quickly retreats behind the sofa and doesnt move for the next hour.*

:)
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 am

Please see my sig.. I have had that one since 2005...

And its fact.!

RIK

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:51 am

What happens if you dont defeat the boss? And does it bugger off like the bosses in Ikaruga if you take too long? What if the boss kills you?

Your faith angers and confuses me!
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?