What happens when you die?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ninjabearhug

Re: What happens when you die?

Post by ninjabearhug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Religion was just something invented by power hungry rich people to keep the weaker minded/poor people in check. Christianity is a joke in particular, since pretty much all the religious occasions are stolen from other faiths. As for an afterlife, if people want to believe they're not just going to end up as worm food that's fine by me, but if Heaven (guffaw) is a place for non sinners it's going to be a pretty crap place to spend eternity.

I want burning when I die, It's cheaper :lol: .

No offence meant to any believers BTW, I just struggle to see how any right minded person can believe in something like religion.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:45 pm

That is Balderdash that is.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 pm

thevulture wrote:question our purpose for being here
Thats another one I don't get.

Why does there have to be a purpose? There doesn't need to be any great meaning to life, it just is.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Krusty, coming from Ireland, what do you believe? My wife grew up there and back then in the 70's/80's it was a very religious country - with the Catholic Church having an effect on every day life. Did you go through the same kinda education as the missus........ i.e she was schooled in convent schools run by teaching nuns - so maybe you went to a monks run school?

Religion has been a big part in her life due to this..................

Please could someone kindly quote this question as I believe I am on Krustys foe list. Thanks.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:09 pm

ninjabearhug wrote:Religion was just something invented by power hungry rich people to keep the weaker minded/poor people in check. Christianity is a joke in particular, since pretty much all the religious occasions are stolen from other faiths.
Complete poppycock.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:13 pm

FAO: KRUSTY..
markopoloman wrote:Krusty, coming from Ireland, what do you believe? My wife grew up there and back then in the 70's/80's it was a very religious country - with the Catholic Church having an effect on every day life. Did you go through the same kinda education as the missus........ i.e she was schooled in convent schools run by teaching nuns - so maybe you went to a monks run school?

Religion has been a big part in her life due to this..................

Please could someone kindly quote this question as I believe I am on Krustys foe list. Thanks.

As for me, I believe in an afterlife. I believe we are definitely part of a much bigger picture. To me there is no way everything just ends when you die.

krusty40

Post by krusty40 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:16 pm

I agree with that. Its hard to just believe all this life-birth, childhood, reproduction, middle age, death etc is for nothing. Personally i think it must continue in another form. In many ways heaven and hell are not specific places.

In many ways heaven and hell are on earth, if you just think about it.
Some advertising campaigns are very long indeed...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:19 pm

That didn't work then! could someone post my question to Krusty and point out that it is a question for him - not a baiting one, but one on this topic he has started. Thanks!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:20 pm

krusty40 wrote:In many ways heaven and hell are not specific places.
Exactly, many people take things too literally, certainly Religious scripture. I believe hell to be a self inflicted mind state. All of it is within us.

Are you actually going to answer the question I quoted from markopoloman though? He's not baiting you, it's just an honest upfront question.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 pm

what happens when you die....you stop breathing, your body shuts down and ....thats it!
without going into detail, i was dead, clinicaly, for 1min and 36 seconds in 2005no pulse, no brathing no brain activity!
the only memory i have is a complete feeling of releife as i drew my last breath..........then absalout pain and missery when i came back!
no light, no angels....fuckall
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Lucazade overdose?

ninjabearhug

Post by ninjabearhug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:26 pm

markopoloman wrote:
ninjabearhug wrote:Religion was just something invented by power hungry rich people to keep the weaker minded/poor people in check. Christianity is a joke in particular, since pretty much all the religious occasions are stolen from other faiths.
Complete poppycock.
Prove it.

The dates of Christian festivals were set by the Roman senate. They were aware that Paganism was losing popularity and could see that Christianity was going to be the new fad. Most religious occasions in the Christian calendar were set around existing Pagan festivals to help ease Pagan followers into the new religion.

Religion fascinates me, as does history itself, I just don't believe in it personally. Also, I do believe that most of the major cast of the Bible were real people (except God, Satan and angels), I just think they were more 'David Blaine' than miracle workers.

As I've already said, I mean no offence to religious people, everyone is free to believe what ever they like, and I don't want to start an argument (seems like this place has had enough of those recently from browsing other threads) this is just my opinion.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:27 pm

@ mohicankid ...
Maybe that was hell then?! Or you didn't put 50p in the meter for the light to come on?!

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:28 pm

I think we should ban Ninjabearhug from the forum :lol:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 pm

markopoloman wrote:could someone post my question to Krusty and point out that it is a question for him
Krusty never gives any personal facts about his life away, only his opinions.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.