What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:05 pm
Being housebound for 2 years as of next week I'd thought I'd watched most of what I wanted to watch but I do occasionally find something, not a lot though despite now acctually really having the all singing all dancing TV package at my disposal as well as bothe Prime and Netflix.

Tonight I have so far watched Hubie Halloween, it did make me laugh but it is literally the same damn character as most of his other films and I'm now working my way through the Addams Family movies.
I just have Netflix, NJPW world and a few websites for the other stuff.
Trying to get my mum a bit more technical when it comes to watching stuff as she still only has a rather old LCD TV and a HDD recorder.

You can always rewatch stuff.....

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:37 pm

Yes but rewatch it too much and it gets boring, that being said thanks to some of my old habits I'm forever finding still sealed DVDs I forgot I'd bought (they're gone now but the Yarmouth area was full of video shops where you'd get tons for a pitance and not even just old common stuff but rarer stuff and recentish releases).
My primary service is Youtube, not premium, just regular common all garden and the shorter length means it's easier to take in on the bad days.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 am

I took care of my DVD/VHS backlog, I had a lot of it, most of it I was never going to watch again

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:21 am

Borat sequel tonight after work. Looking forward to it

merman

Post by merman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:14 am

Pokémon Detective Pikachu - enjoyed it more than I thought I would, the little monsters look cute and while the story is very clichéd it worked. 4/5
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Borat subsequent moviefilm
its on par with the first one, kinda funny, at least it wont spawn any new catchphrases that get overused to the point they become about as funny as The office.

Gave up on Seaquest DSV, was really naff
A site recommended Ideal to me.
Only seen the odd episode

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Been watching lots of Marvel: Agents of Shield with so much time on my hands. Pretty decent show though quite a few filler episodes.

merman

Post by merman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:46 am

The Secret Garden (2020, Sky Cinema)

Adaptation of the classic children's book. Colin Firth and Julie Waters are amazing, it looks very impressive but I found the central character of Mary very unlikeable. 3/5
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:08 am

merman wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:46 am
The Secret Garden (2020, Sky Cinema)

Adaptation of the classic children's book. Colin Firth and Julie Waters are amazing, it looks very impressive but I found the central character of Mary very unlikeable. 3/5
My Parents were watching it and I was thinking the same but wasn't sure if it was just where I'd grown up with the 90's one, the strength of the bonds wasn't really there either.

Had a Netflix Marathon of late, Starting with the first 2 90's Addams Family movies, love them to bits with Raul Julia's antics my favourite parts, Hubie Halloween, same damn character as several of his other movies but with a different name but did manage to make me laugh in places, Cry Baby, odd musical set in the 50s where most of the Cast was around 30 playing teens ala Grease and last and definately least the most recent Addams Family.
I nearly did a Marlon Brando with this, I shouldn't have been suprised as Illumination had previously butchered the source matrial of the Grinch, no where near dark enough (even for a kids movie) and they've mucked about with the Characters so much which maybe isn't such an issue with unfamiliar ones but the Addams have been around decades, starting out in Comics, and suddenly it's a happy cutesy cut and paste of a lot of Animated movies with the spooky stuff an after thought.
My advice for this one, if you want animated Addams give your kids either of the Cartoons, 60's or 90's, the storylines were good with just the right level of dark humor.
Watching you sleep since 1990

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 am

Love documentaries on Netflix , started watching the one about the white woman who makes out shes black. Rachel Dolziel or something ? Halfway through, really good, feel a bit sad for her kids.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:48 am

Mama Rose has been watching:
SAS Australia
&
The Amazing Race New Season.
+
Many a Netflix Stream as well.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:56 am

Cant wait to watch Mandalorian tonight, got up early to watch it this morning and didnt realise the season opener was an hour (should have guessed as last years was) so got to watch that tonight or maybe lunchtime if i can squeeze it in.

Thought the first season was superb. Also i'm all legal (and it adds up !), Netflix/Amazon/UFC/NFL Gamepass and Disney all paid for (gulp)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:00 pm

Mandalorian Season 2 wow blown away.

The cliff hanger ending makes happy.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:10 am

Yeah it was excellent. Saw an article in the net talking about the Easter eggs

Great ending as well. Roll on next Friday. Kinda like it hat it’s out weekly not all at once

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:15 am

A SUPER INTERESTING anime series called Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls. They really like those pose shots dont they?
Its not as interesting as Keijo,