Page 942 of 971

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 pm
by dste
Bluce_Ree wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:24 pm
Happy! on Netflix is AMAZING!

Funny, violent, entirely mad.
I have that on my list, looks like something different.

Watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot starring Tina Fey and Martin Freeman. Based on a true story about a war reporter in Afghanistan, it was decent enough.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 pm
by pratty
Infinity War.

Unsurprisingly it does feel like only half a story as it ends quite abruptly, but it is a promising start. Not much time is wasted at all, they get stuck right into the story and it keeps on going. Thought they did a decent job of giving you just enough of each main character. You do need to have a pretty good grasp of who everyone is from the previous films though.

I have mixed feelings about the post credit scene but overall I enjoyed the film , looking forward to the 2nd part.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 am
by ALK
pratty wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 pm
Infinity War.

I have mixed feelings about the post credit scene but overall I enjoyed the film , looking forward to the 2nd part.
Gotta say though, largest audience I've ever seen stay after the credits. :lol:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm
by DPrinny
Infinity war

So why not just cut off his arm while they had the chance?
Or kill him?

Or am I being to sensible?
Urgh, this is why I dont like a lot of comic films the simple solution is never done or they are just crap

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 pm
by Bluce_Ree
I just watched Black Panther.

So why did this get described as being one of the best films of last year?

It's too long, full of dreadful CGI, entirely formulaic and it basically looks like a videogame for the whole thing. Absolutely blaverage.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm
by ALK
DPrinny wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Infinity war

So why not just cut off his arm while they had the chance?
Or kill him?

Or am I being to sensible?
Urgh, this is why I dont like a lot of comic films the simple solution is never done or they are just crap
I'm guessing since having the stones made him as OP as buggery, he could of easily instant heal or made himself too "meaty" to slice an arm off.

Or you know, so the movie doesnt end too soon for a part 2. :lol:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm
by DPrinny
ALK wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Infinity war

So why not just cut off his arm while they had the chance?
Or kill him?

Or am I being to sensible?
Urgh, this is why I dont like a lot of comic films the simple solution is never done or they are just crap
I'm guessing since having the stones made him as OP as buggery, he could of easily instant heal or made himself too "meaty" to slice an arm off.

Or you know, so the movie doesnt end too soon for a part 2. :lol:
ITs to bad they didnt have Wolvarine
Or Deadpool (Money)
Or one of the mean other Marvel guys with swords

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:47 pm
by ALK
DPrinny wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm
ALK wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Infinity war

So why not just cut off his arm while they had the chance?
Or kill him?

Or am I being to sensible?
Urgh, this is why I dont like a lot of comic films the simple solution is never done or they are just crap
I'm guessing since having the stones made him as OP as buggery, he could of easily instant heal or made himself too "meaty" to slice an arm off.

Or you know, so the movie doesnt end too soon for a part 2. :lol:
ITs to bad they didnt have Wolvarine
Or Deadpool (Money)
Or one of the mean other Marvel guys with swords
Let them sort the paperwork out with Fox first. :lol:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 pm
by DPrinny
ALK wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:47 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm
ALK wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm


I'm guessing since having the stones made him as OP as buggery, he could of easily instant heal or made himself too "meaty" to slice an arm off.

Or you know, so the movie doesnt end too soon for a part 2. :lol:
ITs to bad they didnt have Wolvarine
Or Deadpool (Money)
Or one of the mean other Marvel guys with swords
Let them sort the paperwork out with Fox first. :lol:
Use Dr Stranges portals?

Blade warps in
Cool ine
Cuts off his arm

Oh wait hes the forgotten one that had two awesome films (then a ton of censored)

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:01 pm
by mr jenzie
ZOOLANDER 2

funny as hell and what a sequel should be
:mrgreen:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:44 pm
by DPrinny
Rampage

Went in expecting crap, got awesome, was entertaining, monsters smashing the sh*t outa everything, eating people, wrecking sh*t and flipping things off
Its on the (rather short) list of good video game adaptations

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 pm
by pratty
The Foreigner, starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

Not amazing but it was a surprisingly decent action thriller, seems Chan's best films these days are often the more serious ones.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:54 pm
by dste
Dredd - Really good film
Flight - Based on a true story starring Denzel Washington. Was OK, skipped through parts of it.
Gunshy - Starring Antonio Banderas. Made it through four minutes before turning it off, was absolutely awful.
Infinity War - Loved it.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm
by dste
The Little Mermaid
The Princess and the Frog

Not seen either before, both were pretty enjoyable.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 am
by Antiriad2097
Can't say I like The Little Mermaid, it was a fave of my kids but that was the target audience, little girls. Its rare that I like Disney songs anyway, but this one was far too campy for me.

Weirdly, I don't think I've seen The Princess in the Frog beyond a few snippets, though I know my grandkids have it (and I have it for them at ours). It just isn't one they ask for.

Watched Prime Suspect 1973 at the weekend. Pretty good reboot prequel, I hope there's more. Casting was great, it's surprising how much like a young Helen Mirren the new actor for Tennison is, they've tried for consistency there at least.