What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7113
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 pm

I Am Your Father

A documentary about David Prowse who played Darth Vader. Only 80mins long and had some interesting people/stories but didn't really have that much of a narrative.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27005
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:53 am

dste wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 pm
I Am Your Father
A documentary about David Prowse who played Darth Vader. Only 80mins long and had some interesting people/stories but didn't really have that much of a narrative.
Is that available on regular services, or dodgy download only?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7113
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:16 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:53 am
Is that available on regular services, or dodgy download only?
Netflix is where I watched it my good man.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27005
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 am

Thank you, I shall check it out :D
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Darran@Retro Gamer
Posts: 6776
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am

dste wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Spy

Starring Melissa McCarthy as a desk jockey who goes out in the field. Only watched it as had heard that Jason Statham is really funny in it and happy to admit that laughed quite a lot. Wasn't expecting anything of it and really enjoyed it.
I saw that again over the weekend. It makes me want to watch a spin-off with Statham's character as he's the best thing in it :)
Image

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by sscott » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am

Season 3 Rick n Morty. Great as ever. Finally started watching Archer too. Laughed my ass off!
Image

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7113
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:51 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am
dste wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Spy

Starring Melissa McCarthy as a desk jockey who goes out in the field. Only watched it as had heard that Jason Statham is really funny in it and happy to admit that laughed quite a lot. Wasn't expecting anything of it and really enjoyed it.
I saw that again over the weekend. It makes me want to watch a spin-off with Statham's character as he's the best thing in it :)
He was absolutely fantastic. That whole scene in the hotel room where he is listing all injuries and the like is just funny as hell. I was sitting there trying to work out if and what had happened in any of his previous films. :lol:

Rick Ford: This arm has been ripped off completely and re-attached with *this* ******** arm.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27005
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:10 am

dste wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:51 am
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am
dste wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Spy

Starring Melissa McCarthy as a desk jockey who goes out in the field. Only watched it as had heard that Jason Statham is really funny in it and happy to admit that laughed quite a lot. Wasn't expecting anything of it and really enjoyed it.
I saw that again over the weekend. It makes me want to watch a spin-off with Statham's character as he's the best thing in it :)
He was absolutely fantastic. That whole scene in the hotel room where he is listing all injuries and the like is just funny as hell. I was sitting there trying to work out if and what had happened in any of his previous films. :lol:

Rick Ford: This arm has been ripped off completely and re-attached with *this* ******** arm.
Watched this yesterday off the back of that recommendation. It was awful. Statham isn't just the best thing in it, he's the only thing worth watching, everything else is a car crash so bad it even has Miranda Hart in it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Sputryk
Posts: 2523
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Cobbydale

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sputryk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am

Finally, after borrowing it from a work colleague some 18-MONTHS ago(!), found time to watch Gozu by Miike Takashi. The usual oddball shenanigans with a few warped moments making for a somewhat watchable and entertaining movie. Not a patch on either Audition or 13 Assassins, though.

Then re-watched Lost In Translation. Still a great, entertaining movie. And I remain adamant that Bill was robbed at the Oscars.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27005
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:20 am

Sputryk wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am
Then re-watched Lost In Translation. Still a great, entertaining movie. And I remain adamant that Bill was robbed at the Oscars.
Ah, my own personal bugbear, one of the dullest movies ever made. Why it's fawned over is beyond me, I think it may even top my worst movies list. Oscar was correct to ignore it ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3571
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Noticed that there's Human Centipede 3 on Netflix, I'm somewhat tempted when I have time to kill.
Image

User avatar
Sputryk
Posts: 2523
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Cobbydale

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sputryk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:48 pm

And just for good measure, have returned to 13 Assassins again. What an awesome movie, and one that is not reliant on any CGI whatsoever. Smashin'! Or should I say, to be more appropriate, Sugoi!

I knew you'd have something negative to say about LiT, Ant. :mrgreen:

User avatar
muRte
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by muRte » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 am

Just watched Alien Covenant and Ghost in the Shell and I was quite entertained! :)
Besides those, made an Indiana Jones marathon! My favourite movie character ever!

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by The Laird » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am

I watched Valerian in 3D a couple of nights ago and it was every bit the beautiful visual feast I hoped it would be, very entertaining indeed.

User avatar
NickThorpe
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:45 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by NickThorpe » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:16 pm

I watched the first part of Eden: Paradise Lost last night, as I was intrigued by the tale of a reality show gone wrong. So far it's proven to be a bit tame, but it looks to get quite vicious in later episodes.

Also saw It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia for the first time over the weekend, and it's instantly become one of my favourite shows.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests