Page 908 of 984

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 pm
by silvergunner
Some retro horror for me, Night of the living dead. It's to old to shock now but it's still a great late night watch when there is sod all else on.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:22 am
by Katzkatz
Boxtrolls - a stop motion animation. It's got a sort of grungy grotesque quality to it. Based on a children's book. It has the voices of Ben Kingsley and Elle Fanning. It's okay, not quite as good as a lot of critics make it out to be. Watch the credits as well. Another thing - it might be a little scary for younger children.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:42 pm
by necronom
The totally unexpected new series of Prison Break. I really liked it. Anyone who watched the others and liked them should like this one.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:06 pm
by RetroAerosmith
Yeah i saw it too, seems okay so far. not sure how many episodes are in the series but i hated the 3rd and got bored with the final break.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 pm
by RodimusPrime
Watched Warcraft.

Maybe its because my expectations were very low going in, but I actually enjoyed it.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:48 am
by psj3809
Watched episode 1 of Better Call Saul Season 3

Was okay-ish. I keep watching this and it normally gets good at the mid/end of every season but it often starts off very slow and not much action/excitement.

Prison Break so far so good, glad its come back but yeah after i think Season 2 it went downhill (i kept watching). Its like its never gone away

Got Rogue one on blu-ray (And digital) so watched that again yesterday blasting it out. Still a quality film, the extras on the 'bonus' disc are dire though. Not even the trailers and no audio commentary, very poor.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:09 am
by Katzkatz
RodimusPrime wrote:Watched Warcraft.

Maybe its because my expectations were very low going in, but I actually enjoyed it.
Yeah, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. It's not bad. I must admit that I am not familiar with the games.

Anyway, last night's viewing :-

Space Station '76 - a sort of sci fi soap opera. It's set in an alternative 1970s. Tells the various stories of people on a far away space station. It's a bit cheesy. I am sort of surprised that this type of film got made - it seems an odd mix. I can't say that it is worth watching.

Hummingbird - (called Redemption in the USA for some reason). I had seen it before. Jason Statham plays a shell shocked soldier who is homeless on the streets of London. He befriends a young nun at a homeless shelter and goes to hunt down a killer of a friend of his. It was written and directed by Stephen Knight(he did write Eastern Promises and also directed and wrote Locke). It's quite a novel film. Interesting.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:13 pm
by gman72
psj3809 wrote:Got Rogue one on blu-ray (And digital) so watched that again yesterday blasting it out. Still a quality film, the extras on the 'bonus' disc are dire though. Not even the trailers and no audio commentary, very poor.
I've been very late to the Rogue One party and have only just watched it on Blu-Ray. I gotta say it's excellent though... better then TFA. So many fan service moments... also really, really good special effects and sound design but wrapped up in a really good story with characters that make you want to care for them, it seemed a more mature movie than TFA if that makes any sense. In some ways it makes TFA seem quite poor... but heres hoping The Last Jedi lives up to the bar set by Rogue One.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:18 pm
by shiftytigger
Shinobi wrote:Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors git the 4 disc box set couldn't remember much about it apart from being scared of Sawboss as a kid. This is a weird cartoon some episodes are super dark such as the Living Mask ala Horror Mask of Splatterhouse. When Jayse puts it on he's killing all the monster minds (he's actually shown killing them) and the back story about how the guy put his soul inside his mask/armour and went around murdering bad guys, he then starts to kill people who disagreed with him. As he's then considered a tyrant as he's killing indiscriminately his body is destroyed but the mask is indestructible so the mask sealed away. Anybody who wears the mask it gradually overshadows the sound within. The Mask talks to Jayce saying "put me on I can Help save your friends"

Some other episode where super kiddy overly happy not killing the Monster minds just pushing them
Over, or in one episode the Monster Minds get incased in gold but rather then turn to statues they pursue the Lightening League and get owned by some falling pots. Later episode some religious nuts just executing people as they're god told them to then back to the joke episodes with Oon the eternal squire who is T bot and Scrappy Doo levels of annoying.


Think this is one for the random niceness threads
I have fond memories of this as one of my favourite cartoons but maybe I'm rose tinting those glasses. It was on Channel 4 on Sunday mornings and I used to rush my paper round to watch it.

You're making it sound weird , so now you've got me doubting if I should remember it in a good way.

You're also the first I've heard to say they didn't enjoy it.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 pm
by shiftytigger
Shinobi wrote:Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors git the 4 disc box set couldn't remember much about it apart from being scared of Sawboss as a kid. This is a weird cartoon some episodes are super dark such as the Living Mask ala Horror Mask of Splatterhouse. When Jayse puts it on he's killing all the monster minds (he's actually shown killing them) and the back story about how the guy put his soul inside his mask/armour and went around murdering bad guys, he then starts to kill people who disagreed with him. As he's then considered a tyrant as he's killing indiscriminately his body is destroyed but the mask is indestructible so the mask sealed away. Anybody who wears the mask it gradually overshadows the sound within. The Mask talks to Jayce saying "put me on I can Help save your friends"

Some other episode where super kiddy overly happy not killing the Monster minds just pushing them
Over, or in one episode the Monster Minds get incased in gold but rather then turn to statues they pursue the Lightening League and get owned by some falling pots. Later episode some religious nuts just executing people as they're god told them to then back to the joke episodes with Oon the eternal squire who is T bot and Scrappy Doo levels of annoying.


Think this is one for the random niceness threads
I have fond memories of this as one of my favourite cartoons but maybe I'm rose tinting those glasses. It was on Channel 4 on Sunday mornings and I used to rush my paper round to watch it. Always thought it had the groundings of what could have been a good video game , though it would probably make a better one on modern technology.

You're making it sound weird , so now you've got me doubting if I should remember it in a good way.

You're also the first I've heard to say they didn't enjoy it.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm
by Megamixer
The new series of Car Share - really glad to see it back! Missed it yesterday though so watched it on iplayer and noticed that the whole series is already up to watch...watched the first two and resisted binging all four in one go. I didn't know BBC did this kind of thing? Wondering who bothers waiting a week for each episode when you can just go on iplayer and 'do' the whole series before the other episodes have even aired on normal TV.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:09 am
by Antiriad2097
gman72 wrote:Rogue One... better then TFA... characters that make you want to care for them... In some ways it makes TFA seem quite poor.
Weird, I rather feel the opposite.

Prefer TFA, found the characters in RO unappealing and didn't really care about any of them (other than K2SO), thought it showed just how good TFA was (though I accept the argument TFA is largely a rehash of what went before - RO is at least originalish).

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:01 am
by Katzkatz
Ilo Ilo - A family drama set in Singapore. A young housemaid arrives and causes upset within a family. It's largely an inconsequential drama.

Department Q - A Danish thriller. It's sort of got the old Nordic vibe to it(e.g Wallander and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo). A cold case cop goes looking a politician who disappeared five years ago. It's okay - but there are better Scandinavian crime films and TV dramas that are better. One of the things that doesn't help it is that it feels more like a glorified TV film rather a cinematic one. I think there's a sequel.

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:05 am
by sscott
Antiriad2097 wrote:
gman72 wrote:Rogue One... better then TFA... characters that make you want to care for them... In some ways it makes TFA seem quite poor.
Weird, I rather feel the opposite.

Prefer TFA, found the characters in RO unappealing and didn't really care about any of them (other than K2SO), thought it showed just how good TFA was (though I accept the argument TFA is largely a rehash of what went before - RO is at least originalish).
I also thought Force Awakens was better. I enjoyed rogue one but Vincent Price CGI I found off putting tbh. The space battles were great though and even George Lucas said he liked it!

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 pm
by DPrinny
Was bored and watched a random episode of Storage wars that popped up on a video site

Season 10?
One guy gets a locker that has a few grands of games inside

Know this program is staged but bloody hell