What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Blue Ruin. Really liked this, a low budget version of all the revenge films but it's an ordinary guy instead of the likes of Arnie and Neeson.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:33 am

new Julia Davis comedy on Sky Atlantic called "camping". I like julia davis stuff like nighty night, this isnt laugh out loud comedy and her stuff isnt aimed at that market. Its niche dark at times crude. i like it.

The documentary series on sky arts called The Seventies which is also good and nice to see American history rather than the mundane stuff channel5 seems to offer us on UK 70s stuff. The latest episode focussed on Cults and murderers including manson and gacy. Seeing the girls that worshipped Manson was quite chilling.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Watching the c4 programme what British muslims think.Bit shocked at some of the survey results tbh.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Watched the John Carpenter classic "They Live" tonight... Can't believe I've never seen it before. Absolute corker.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:39 am

aztecca wrote:Watching the c4 programme what British muslims think.Bit shocked at some of the survey results tbh.
There was a guy on the news saying that to be fair they only polled the muslims from the poorer neighbourhoods, so it didn't give an accurate picture of the whole muslim population. I'm not sure that makes the survey results any less concerning though.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:11 am

pratty wrote:
aztecca wrote:Watching the c4 programme what British muslims think.Bit shocked at some of the survey results tbh.
There was a guy on the news saying that to be fair they only polled the muslims from the poorer neighbourhoods, so it didn't give an accurate picture of the whole muslim population. I'm not sure that makes the survey results any less concerning though.
I dont know they said at the start they surveyed al groups and ages from within the muslim community.

I think the fact it said there were 100'000 muslims in this country who are sympathetic towards suicide bombings etc the most worrying.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:20 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:I agree, it would be a bit of a chore to watch through again. But I think (well i hope!) the series is on the turn now, with Jimmy basically evolving into Saul. So it might have been worth it after all.

I think the OCD brother storyline is quite amusing. Someone clearly high powered as he is, with immense vulnerabilities. I suspect they probably already tried the "you're crazy, get over it!" approach before and it didn't work. Just like telling someone with depression "oh come on, just cheer up"!
Well something finally happened! It's hard to feel sorry for Chuck.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:02 am

aztecca wrote:
pratty wrote:
I dont know they said at the start they surveyed al groups and ages from within the muslim community.

I think the fact it said there were 100'000 muslims in this country who are sympathetic towards suicide bombings etc the most worrying.
Well the guy interviewed on Morgan's breakfast show was a Muslim I think, obviously he wanted to downplay the show's findings. It is fair to say the 100,000 is only an estimate based on a sample.

What I didn't get was the relevance of him saying it was only the poor lower class muslim areas, you'd liek to think terrorist scumbaggery would be regarded as such by all people across the social spectrum.

I'll get around to watching the show myself at some point.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:20 pm

The final run of episodes from The Man in the High Castle. It'll be back for a second season. It improved towards the end. It's okay, but perhaps not outstanding.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:50 am

theantmeister wrote: Well something finally happened! It's hard to feel sorry for Chuck.
Yep at last! Its not quite an airline disaster or a bomb in a retirement home, but its something!

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:14 pm

New Star Wars, enjoyed it. It echoed previous films but the film was well done enough to get away with it.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:07 am

Started watching the second season of Better Call Saul. I think that one of the things that counts against it, is rather like the Star Wars and LOTOR's prequels - we sort of know what's going to happen to some of the characters. Can't say that I find Jimmy's/Saul's story that interesting at the moment - Mike's on the other hand, that is quite interesting.
Last edited by Katzkatz on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:36 pm

The original Death Wish. Haven't seen it for years. Forgot how good it is
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:47 am

Katzkatz wrote:Started watching the second season of Better Call Saul. I think that one of the things that counts against it, is rather like the Star Wars and LOTOR's prequels - we sort of know what's going to happen to some of the characters. Can't say that I find Jimmy's/Saul's story that interesting at the moment - Mike's on the other hand, that is quite interesting.
That's true but what can they do? Mike is a great character though.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:14 am

Finished watching the new X Files season last night. I thought the series was excellent. I haven't watched a lot of X Files, but these were at least as entertaining as the few episodes I have seen (mostly season 1) and certainly better than the movies.

Was good to see they used the original opening. It is looking a bit cheesy now though. "THE GOVERNMENT DENIES ALL KNOWLEDGE" :lol: