What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

koopa42

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by koopa42 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:13 am

sirclive1 wrote:Watched Gravity - hmmm , nice effects , but possibly the dullest film of the last year (that i have watched)

Shame as i really was looking foward to it , comfy chair , big Tv , Blu ray , film night , almost fell asleep .
This. x Pi +1. Terrible film and not 'all that' to look at either (although I assume it might have kicked ass in that department on the big screen). Both me and Mrs Koop fell asleep.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:44 am

Oscar winner in dull shock.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 am

You should have went to see it at the cinema, it's pointless watching it at home.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:02 am

Adventure time - Lemonhope

That ending DA FUQ? granted its 1000 years later but surly there's more than just him left, sweets dont go off, Lemons go off quicker

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 am

greenberet79 wrote:You should have went to see it at the cinema, it's pointless watching it at home.
It would have been pointless watching it at the cinema then, shiny rubbish is still rubbish

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:56 am

koopa42 wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:You should have went to see it at the cinema, it's pointless watching it at home.
It would have been pointless watching it at the cinema then, shiny rubbish is still rubbish
For a film with the aim of putting the viewer in space, seeing it on a 3D IMAX screen certainly helped me!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:46 pm

More of Babylon 5 (season 4). I very near the middle of the season now.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:59 pm

i've been watching moone boy recently, very funny show. chris o'dowd is hilarious as usual

oh and the voice, been watching that as i was in the audience for a few recordings, no exciting reasons, just that my missus managed to get free tickets

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:36 am

greenberet79 wrote:
koopa42 wrote:
For a film with the aim of putting the viewer in space, seeing it on a 3D IMAX screen certainly helped me!
The effects still looked good , im lucky enough to have a decent set up at home , plus in the dark cinema , comfy seats , im 99% sure i would have drifted off (its happened before - must be my age lol) .
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Prometheus - still flawed, but certainly works better on a second viewing. One thing that still really bugs me though is having Guy Pearce in old man makeup. Why not just use an older actor?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Prometheus - still flawed, but certainly works better on a second viewing. One thing that still really bugs me though is having Guy Pearce in old man makeup. Why not just use an older actor?
There was supposed to be more to the part, but it was cut.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Usual stuff (Brooklyn Nine Nine, Room 101, Good Wife).

Started watching the last season of How I Met Your Mother to see how it ends. Hasn't been funny in years but did enjoy the first three seasons. Also SHIELD was back last night, improvement on the previous episodes but still a bit meh.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Rick and Morty
An episode where they watch TV, a TV that shows channel from other dimensions, some id definitely watch.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Prometheus - still flawed, but certainly works better on a second viewing. One thing that still really bugs me though is having Guy Pearce in old man makeup. Why not just use an older actor?
There was supposed to be more to the part, but it was cut.

I can only assume it was going to be him as a younger man? I watched all the deleted scenes on the Blu Ray and did find it interesting they cut out almost the entire final fight with the Engineer

edit - just found the scene in question where he gives a conference speech in another section of the disc, although it seems like more of a specific extra than a deleted part

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Masses of stuff was chopped from Prometheus. When and how exactly varies, but the final movie suffers for the most part for it. I sort of like it, but there's so much dumb stuff in there that really needs more back story to make sense.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.