What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mancman

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Mancman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:59 pm

DPrinny wrote:First episode of Game of thrones
I want an hour of my life back, that was one of the dullest things I have watched, its like they have to adds sex and boobs to keep people interested
Thank you!

I'm so sick of people telling me I have to watch this. Eventually I did and the first episode bored the hell out if me. I know I should have watched more to give it a chance but I really couldn't be arsed.

By the way, is anyone else watching Once Upon A Time? I'm on season two now and loving it!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 am

Mancman wrote:
DPrinny wrote:First episode of Game of thrones
I want an hour of my life back, that was one of the dullest things I have watched, its like they have to adds sex and boobs to keep people interested
Thank you!

I'm so sick of people telling me I have to watch this. Eventually I did and the first episode bored the hell out if me. I know I should have watched more to give it a chance but I really couldn't be arsed.

By the way, is anyone else watching Once Upon A Time? I'm on season two now and loving it!
Tempted to read the books to get spoilers and then everytime when someone mentions it I blurt out a spoiler.

They where kinda right with Breaking bad, it was mildly entertaining
Nobody that I speak to watches Sons of Anarchy, this is the series people should watch as it is at least entertaining and its got Ron Perlman in it

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:08 pm

DPrinny wrote: Nobody that I speak to watches Sons of Anarchy, this is the series people should watch as it is at least entertaining and its got Ron Perlman in it
I watch Sons of Anarchy, Dprinny - and we speak together on the IRC. "Riding through this world, dede, all alone ..." . I think that Season 6 starts in September on 5USA.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Saw Winter Soldier at the cinema today (yes, the cinema you torrenting pirates!), thought it was good but not great but was definitely worth seeing.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 am

sscott wrote:Saw Winter Soldier at the cinema today (yes, the cinema you torrenting pirates!), thought it was good but not great but was definitely worth seeing.
What is this 'cinema' of which you speak?

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:38 am

It is a large room where people converge to use mobile phones while their babies cry. Expensive junk food is optional

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 am

Kilb wrote:It is a large room where people converge to use mobile phones while their babies cry. Expensive junk food is optional
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget that you spent about 2 hours booking your ticket online and you get to the cinema to see the automated ticket machines slapped with an "out of order sign" on them! That means you Odeon!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:39 pm

W-wait, people book tickets?

Rick and Morty -Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind
RicktastRick

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Several films on the day off yesterday:

-Puppet Master: The Legacy - The eighth Puppet Master film, and all but 20 minutes of it is clips of all the previous films. Felt a bit cheated by this, somehow.

-The Ghost Train - A funny Arthur Askey wartime comedy/horror/mystery/thriller thing from 1941, with ghosts, Nazis, songs, a train crash, slapstick, wordplay... Loved it!

-The Serpent's Lair - It's got Frank the pilot from Lost as an estate agent who moves into a new house with his wife, only to have his life ruined by a succubus. It was alright, reminded me of Rosemary's Baby a bit.

-Galaxina - Space comedy from 1980. So bad I fell asleep a lot, but I remember the puppets/costumes being fun to look at.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Jewtopia

This was actually a bloody funny film - had me and the mrs in stitches (and the teenage kids were in complete shock during the 'new vagina' scene) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:49 am

Robocop. One of the greats, possibly the greatest of all time. censored, I'm very disappointed.

It was the director's cut .... I think it just adds more gore.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:20 am

Game Of Thrones - first episode of the new series.

Very good, will never be as good as the books but still an epic tv show, great start to the series and as usual some brilliant lines from the Hound and Tyrion :lol:

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 am

Saw Winter Soldier at the cinema yesterday, and loved it. Watched the new Robocop last night. And thought it was alright. Better than i thought it was gonna be. Some bits were long winded, but overall, it was enjoyable.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:26 am

Nostalgia critics review of Foodfight (film) I did try to watch this film a few months back and it is one of the worst things I have ever seen, along with Dragonball Evo and The day the earth stood still (remake)

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:20 pm

More of Babylon 5 (season 5). I'm about halfway through the season now. Things seem to be hotting up.