What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

JetSetWilly

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri May 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Shinobi wrote:
gman72 wrote:Life force is an 80s classic. :D
Life force this is the one with the Female vampire Space Alien, who drinks people blood and they come back as Zombie's that explode after a few hours? She takes over Patrick Stewart' old Captain Picards body in the mental Asylum?
Close, but they don't drink blood. They suck the life force from people. And, yes, the Blu ray is out September. Hopefully, GAME will have it in (as they've started stocking new blu rays), and I'll be able to use that £12 I've got on my card to put towards it :D

Just watched Star Trek The Original Series on Horror, specifically the episode "The Enemy Within". An absolute classic episode, with the Shat hamming it up even more than ever. Great stuff.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri May 17, 2013 8:27 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
gman72 wrote:Life force is an 80s classic. :D
Life force this is the one with the Female vampire Space Alien, who drinks people blood and they come back as Zombie's that explode after a few hours? She takes over Patrick Stewart' old Captain Picards body in the mental Asylum?
Close, but they don't drink blood. They suck the life force from people. And, yes, the Blu ray is out September. Hopefully, GAME will have it in (as they've started stocking new blu rays), and I'll be able to use that £12 I've got on my card to put towards it :D

Just watched Star Trek The Original Series on Horror, specifically the episode "The Enemy Within". An absolute classic episode, with the Shat hamming it up even more than ever. Great stuff.
Thanks Jet Set think that's going to be the first blue Ray I've ever purchased:). I saw it years ago and thought it was fab, must have mis-remembered with the blood thing.. Wasn't there ship over the planet draining all the life from people and the Male Aliens on the ship they thought where dead came back as well? I very vaguely remember Iron being able to kill the Aliens, but its been years since I saw it!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri May 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Shinobi wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:
Thanks Jet Set think that's going to be the first blue Ray I've ever purchased:). I saw it years ago and thought it was fab, must have mis-remembered with the blood thing.. Wasn't there ship over the planet draining all the life from people and the Male Aliens on the ship they thought where dead came back as well? I very vaguely remember Iron being able to kill the Aliens, but its been years since I saw it!
100% correct. The ship was modelled on an Artichoke, supposedly. The Males can jump into different bodies, and you're close with the iron. Leaded iron. The line the male vampire delivers still makes me chuckle:

It'll be much less terrifying if you just come to me.

You were close with the blood, though. The bit with Patrick Stewart on the helicopter has blood in it, as the blood does indeed drain out of his, and Sir Percy's bodies to make a blood-version of the female vampire, before she screams, falls to the floor and splatters everywhere.

I know. I've seen the movie too many times :lol: but it is a firm favorite.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Back on to my re-re-re-re-watching of Cardcaptor Sakura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjCFvaNwJQ

That opening song..............

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri May 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Got Challenge on watching Fun House then Knightmare. Fun House has dated a lot, but still enjoyable, especially with Pat Sharp's mullet, and jack up joggers.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 pm

LMAO @ Lifeforce posts!

censored all dat s##t .... boobs man THE BOOBS!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm

koopa42 wrote:LMAO @ Lifeforce posts!

I always thought that Mathilda May was quite tasty back then, and I've seen pics of her now.....I still would :D

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:51 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
koopa42 wrote:LMAO @ Lifeforce posts!

I always thought that Mathilda May was quite tasty back then, and I've seen pics of her now.....I still would :D
Factuality

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri May 17, 2013 10:22 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:
100% correct. The ship was modelled on an Artichoke, supposedly. The Males can jump into different bodies, and you're close with the iron. Leaded iron. The line the male vampire delivers still makes me chuckle:

It'll be much less terrifying if you just come to me.

You were close with the blood, though. The bit with Patrick Stewart on the helicopter has blood in it, as the blood does indeed drain out of his, and Sir Percy's bodies to make a blood-version of the female vampire, before she screams, falls to the floor and splatters everywhere.

I know. I've seen the movie too many times :lol: but it is a firm favorite.
I thought I was going mad and I'd imagined her coming out of the blood :lol: If I remember correctly the Professor kills one of the Aliens Male Brides but then has his body taken over by the other Alien..... The bit which Koopa mentions with the Boobs is at the beginning when she steals the last remaining Astronauts Soul

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri May 17, 2013 10:31 pm

She is naked for 75% of the time (best 75% ever :D ). And you're right about about the professor killing one of the male aliens, but it never gets mentioned if it's the male vampire that sucks his life force, or one of the victims inside the SRC (probably Bukovski if it's the second theory, which would seem logical). But, have you noticed, that when Caine goes back to get the dagger and kills Falada, his car gets destroyed, and is then faced with other victims. One of them is quite clearly Bukovski......only he is considerably shorter than Michael Gothard :shock:

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 pm

I clearly watched this film all wrong. Space zombies? Percentages? Artichokes?

All I saw was boobs, perfectly formed boobs. Oh and Captain Picard

manxman

Post by manxman » Sat May 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Recently saw the film Star Trek Into Darkness it was great. At home been watching Soap MacGyver and The Dresden Files :)

dste

Post by dste » Sat May 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Doctor Who.

Great episode and what an ending.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm

manxman wrote:Recently saw the film Star Trek Into Darkness it was great. At home been watching Soap MacGyver and The Dresden Files :)
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Boy what a twist......

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat May 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Currently watching Allo Allo on GOLD. Haven't seen this for years, and it's got me in stitches!