What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Sepp Salerno
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:53 am

djcarlos wrote:The usual Friday night telly.....but I've got "Maximum Overdrive" lined up for tonight!
8) Get in!
Image

thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:52 am

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by thl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Star Trek: The Next Generation - After I watched the reboot of the Star Trek film, it that had myself drawn to the TV series. It's about time I get to watch it properly as I didn't got into it back then due to the pace of it. Currently near the end of season 1 as I found it really good and innovative.

Plus I found Data a very interesting character, especially with this quote:

"Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing."

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8017
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:41 am
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by gman72 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:43 pm

bonerlaw wrote:Well, we've got what are you playing; what are you reading and what are you listening to, so why not this?

Watched "Superbad" last night.......lol hilarious! I would recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh!
I've never seen Superbad, is it any good... Is it really that funny?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

stayAwhile
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:50 pm

thl wrote:Star Trek: The Next Generation - After I watched the reboot of the Star Trek film, it that had myself drawn to the TV series. It's about time I get to watch it properly as I didn't got into it back then due to the pace of it. Currently near the end of season 1 as I found it really good and innovative.

Plus I found Data a very interesting character, especially with this quote:

"Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing."
Kryten is a better humonid robot/android/cyborg charicter then data by far :D
This guy are sick

User avatar
Sepp Salerno
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:24 pm

gman72 wrote:
bonerlaw wrote:Well, we've got what are you playing; what are you reading and what are you listening to, so why not this?

Watched "Superbad" last night.......lol hilarious! I would recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh!
I've never seen Superbad, is it any good... Is it really that funny?
Yeah it is...except the two coppers are a bit weak in it

The new Dr who
Image

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Watched Crank yesterday, and it was a lot better than I expected. Completely bonkers, with a flunked up ending. I'll probably watch it again, but not for a while though. One of those films you can only watch once in a while. Loved the retro game bits thrown in, like the score board and in game screen of Robotron 2084 at the start.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26622
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Don't waste your money on the sequel, its dire. It takes the silly premise from the original and amps it up to absurd campy levels. With the first it was a fun 90 minutes, with the second it seemed like I was watching a trilogy in one sitting as the end just seemed so far off. Horrible, full of irritating characters and not much in the way of laughs.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by SirClive » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 am

Watched the Hobbit again. The 1st third is just so dull it makes it hard to stay around for the better bits.
Image

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 am

Watched The Job Lot last night, an ITV 'comedy' set in the Job Centre.

Was an ok programme that did have a couple of moments that made me laugh.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Sepp Salerno
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sepp Salerno » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:35 am

JetSetWilly wrote:Watched Crank yesterday, and it was a lot better than I expected. Completely bonkers, with a flunked up ending. I'll probably watch it again, but not for a while though. One of those films you can only watch once in a while. Loved the retro game bits thrown in, like the score board and in game screen of Robotron 2084 at the start.
A new one? When was it on?
Image

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26622
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 pm

dste wrote:Watched The Job Lot last night, an ITV 'comedy' set in the Job Centre.

Was an ok programme that did have a couple of moments that made me laugh.
They must have someone who worked there as a consultant or writer. It seemed more documentary than comedy to me.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:10 pm

^^I think it's supposed to be more like one of those 'mockumentary' type shows rather than an out right comedy.

Will try and watch the second episode to see if it's a grower.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26622
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm

You misunderstand. I worked there. That isn't comedy, its really how it is. Only the real thing is sometimes worse, on both sides.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Sepp Salerno
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sepp Salerno » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Game of Thrones
Image

User avatar
djcarlos
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Just outside the Imperial Capital Of Seaford

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by djcarlos » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Sepp Salerno wrote:Game of Thrones
Just watched Episode 8 of Series 2....pretty bloody fantastic TV
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest