What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Rayne

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Rayne » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 am

Morkin wrote:I finally started watching Season 3 of The Walking Dead last night & they certainly killed a few zombies didn't they. And the second they entered the prison corridors you could see what was going to happen. Although Hershel having his leg amputated by Rick was bit of a shock. :shock: And then seeing all those prisoners still alive? Great ending.
Season 3 is completely explosive, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the mid-season finale on Sunday!

I just love that absolutely no character, however important they seem, is safe!

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Started the second season of Entourage last night and blasted 5 episodes.

Awesome stuff!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:51 pm

I finished watching 'Continuum'. Decent ending to the season.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:53 pm

On the outbound flight I sat through:

American Pie: The Reunion - not the funniest of the series, but some great moments and the intro tickling me no end (so just what the other passengers thought of me...!). Stiflers 'big laugh' (there's one in each movie) was the only letdown

Karate Kid (original) - missed the last 10-mins as the system shut down before coming in to land

Prometheus - interesting. Holes galore, major questions throughout left unanswered, disjointed storytelling; but, whoa!, neat twist at the end which I did not expect (I haven't read any of the blurb about this film, I just needed somethin to occupy me during the flight, so I was spoiler-free)

MIB3 - better than the reviews I've seen

And on the inbound flight:

A Knight's Tale - great movie, decent humour throughout (though I found the early scene involving the dead jouster tickled me throughout the whole film. I've even now just had a giggle thinking about it!)

Goldfinger - why did I with so much choice. I'd planned on watching several movies on the way home and thought I could fit this one in early, but found myself re-listening to my CD Jukebox choices too often. Bah! Not a bad movie, just soooooooooooo predictable after all these years and repeated viewings on tv.

And tonight I will be watching the BBCfour evening of Beach Boys documentaries. :D

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Finally got to see Skyfall. Absolutely brilliant. It makes most older bond films look immature and silly.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:20 am

woke up somewhat early this mo, and while looking for The Wright Stuff and avoiding Jeremy Vile, I stumbled across the New Thundercats anime.

Gotta say - it's way cool. Anyone else seen it?

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:33 am

I watched more of 'Homeland'(season 2). It was okay, but the second season doesn't seem that good so far.

I then watched 'Max Payne' - the movie. Okay, it was a rather generic action film with overtones from the game, but if you switch your brain off and go along with it then it was okay.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 am

Katzkatz wrote:I watched more of 'Homeland'(season 2). It was okay, but the second season doesn't seem that good so far.

I then watched 'Max Payne' - the movie. Okay, it was a rather generic action film with overtones from the game, but if you switch your brain off and go along with it then it was okay.
I think Homeland is great - was a big fan of 24, and this is made by the same people. A couple of the Season 2 episodes have been a bit..filler, but on the whole it's fantastic. The episode where the bag guys storm the tailor's shop was awesome.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:24 am

Last night I caught up with more of 'The Walking Dead'. Oh dear!

SPOILERS

The Governor turns into a right perv!

I then watched 'Children of a Lesser God'. It was an interesting film about the relationship between a teacher and his deaf student/lover.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 am

Recorded Micheal Mann's "The Keep" off of Fillm4 the other night and just finished watching it.....well after years and years I can say I'm disappointed. I remember seeing a trailer on videos from back in the day (stuff like The Gate, Prince of Darkness all those sorts) and thinking that looks really good, who wouldn't want to see Nazi's being ripped up by super natural forces.

While you get this as its fundamental basics, its the shoddy editing, both Audio and Picture. Disjointed scenes, jump cuts and the trade mark Mann over use of slow-mo. And the Sound, classic 80's Synth Tangerine Dream (excellent Never ending story and Street hawk soundtrack) being murdered by stops starts, stops, stops some more then starts again in the middle of a scene which makes no sense!

To say I've waited for years to watch this, and it may look like I hate the movie, I kinda enjoyed it, it's going on my "guilty pleasure's" list purely based on Nazi's being destroyed by a rubber suited demon.

I cant help feel there's another or possibly multiple cuts of the film out there that tie up loose ends etc but the one film 4 showed was poor, editing wise. Still, just bought the book off eBay as its supposed to be a lot better with a decent ending.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 pm

tekaotaku wrote:Recorded Micheal Mann's "The Keep" off of Fillm4 the other night and just finished watching it.....well after years and years I can say I'm disappointed. I remember seeing a trailer on videos from back in the day (stuff like The Gate, Prince of Darkness all those sorts) and thinking that looks really good, who wouldn't want to see Nazi's being ripped up by super natural forces.

While you get this as its fundamental basics, its the shoddy editing, both Audio and Picture. Disjointed scenes, jump cuts and the trade mark Mann over use of slow-mo. And the Sound, classic 80's Synth Tangerine Dream (excellent Never ending story and Street hawk soundtrack) being murdered by stops starts, stops, stops some more then starts again in the middle of a scene which makes no sense!

To say I've waited for years to watch this, and it may look like I hate the movie, I kinda enjoyed it, it's going on my "guilty pleasure's" list purely based on Nazi's being destroyed by a rubber suited demon.
HA, I also recorded it and watched it yesterday as I had the VHS back in the day and thought it was ace (yet mental). Some real dodgy editing alright and the music was totally wrong but I thought Gabriel Byrne made a great Nazi :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:32 am

Am now totally sick of American TV and it's mid series breaks. The Walking Dead series 3? totally enjoyable, better than series 2 .... right up until last nights mid season crap, totally forced cliffhanger sh1t, pretty much destroyed the whole 3rd series. Very disappointing.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 am

^Try watching Disney channels only decent toon for years Gravity falls
We keep getting month breaks between episodes
Last one was on the fifth.

Of October
Next ones penciled in as "January?"
Seriously they get something good and proceed to drip feed it while churning out the same old unfunny crap.

Anyway

Finished the second session of Black Lagoon, the dubbers missed a chance with the Japanese story ark as in the Jap dub they are speaking in that JapEnglish accent on one bit "I willz zhowz youz how to zhoot a gun" They could of had some of them speaking broken Japanese,

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 am

After my disillusion with midseason break crap? I've decided to watch my remastered Star Trek ToS on blu ray awesomeness

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Watched Amazing spiderman the other day, was ok, nothing special.

Watched Ted earlier, good film but not what I expected. The whole Flash Gordon storyline was a bit surreal, Marky Mark is great.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........