What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stvd

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by stvd » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Watched The Expendables 2 tonight. Fantastic! :D

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 am

Is it wrong for a 30-year-old man to have a five-hour Muppet Babies marathon, cos if it is I don't want to be right!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:50 am

Ah, saturday morning, the Muppet Babies, used to love it. When was that, 1987-ish?

I watched the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, thought it was really good. I know the original got panned.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Is it wrong for a 30-year-old man to have a five-hour Muppet Babies marathon, cos if it is I don't want to be right!
Whats wrong with that is that I wasnt invited! 8)

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Watched 'V for Vendetta' on blu ray for the first time the other night and enjoyed it more than when it was hyped up, when it first came out. It was something £6 from Asda. And, finally got round to renting 'Gamer' from Love Film, this was alright a little predictable. I did, however enjoy another rental the other week 'Project X' this was quite funny and not sure why it got an 18 rating aside from all the swearing. Our Blu ray player has packed up today, after me buying 'Prometheus' the blu ray special editon version from HMV, it was only a Tevion model from Aldi and we owned for over 3 years, Dad went out and got a Sony player from Tesco for £80, he must have really wanted to watch his film and normal service resumes :D

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Ah, V for Vendetta is brill. I must watch that again.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Havantgottaclue wrote:Ah, V for Vendetta is brill. I must watch that again.
I know it's epic.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:06 am

After reading and enjoying the Arnie feature/interview in this month's Empire magazine, I decided to watch Predator again last night just for the hell of it. Never gets old. As awesome as the Predator itself is though, I have to admit that my favourite part is the guerilla camp scene and all the explosions/shooting that goes on there. That's not to say that the rest of the film isn't as good though because it bloody is. Is there another movie with so many awesome quotable lines?

"Stick around!"
"Get to da choppa!"
"We're all gonna die"

and my favourite..."I ain't got time to bleed".

Have to admit that I was tempted to re-watch Commando instead but skipped over it as I have the Region 1 uncut DVD in the post and want to see that one over the crappy EU version that I have.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 am

Megamixer wrote:After reading and enjoying the Arnie feature/interview in this month's Empire magazine, I decided to watch Predator again last night just for the hell of it. Never gets old. As awesome as the Predator itself is though, I have to admit that my favourite part is the guerilla camp scene and all the explosions/shooting that goes on there. That's not to say that the rest of the film isn't as good though because it bloody is. Is there another movie with so many awesome quotable lines?

"Stick around!"
"Get to da choppa!"
"We're all gonna die"

and my favourite..."I ain't got time to bleed".

Have to admit that I was tempted to re-watch Commando instead but skipped over it as I have the Region 1 uncut DVD in the post and want to see that one over the crappy EU version that I have.
Megamixer, you missed the best line, when Arnie has the showdown the Predator : "You are one ugly mother****er!". :D

Anyway, last night I watched the latest episode of Dexter(season 7). Really good. This season does seem to have gotten back into the groove. It makes you want to the next episode more.

I then watched more of Burn Notice(season 5). A really good episode as well. Michael has found out something very interesting - that is all I can say.

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 am

Shoot-Em-Up.

Totally mental. In a fun way.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

dste

Post by dste » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:07 am

Caught up with five episodes of Franklin and Bash at the weekend, just two of the season left now.

Also watched the first episode of Hunted which was OK for a first episode.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Katzkatz wrote: Megamixer, you missed the best line, when Arnie has the showdown the Predator : "You are one ugly mother****er!". :D
I love how somebody always repeats that line in any movie featuring the Predator :)

Might watch Predator 2 tonight then re-watch Predators tomorrow perhaps. Both are decent films that I still enjoy despite the first one clearly being the best.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Arque

Post by Arque » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Predators is worth a watch. Love the RPG characterisations. See the inmate make his one hit point prison shank really count. I have recently watched:-
Paprika - Anime, The chairman wants to control the power of your dreams
Guyver The Dark Hero - Westernised version of the ultimate bio-armour
Machete - Robert Rodriguez's grindhouse after Terror Planet, for fans of Shoot-Em-Up

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Please excuse my friend, he's dead tired.

One of arnies finest.

Eat your nans pants

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Katzkatz wrote: Megamixer, you missed the best line, when Arnie has the showdown the Predator : "You are one ugly mother****er!". :D
I love how somebody always repeats that line in any movie featuring the Predator :)

Might watch Predator 2 tonight then re-watch Predators tomorrow perhaps. Both are decent films that I still enjoy despite the first one clearly being the best.
my favourite line is "if it bleeds we can kill it",that's simple unifying mathematics right there.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"